US: Dark Matter - may contain spoilers

Man of Honour
Quite liking this so far TBH - 3 episodes in. Its nothing amazing so far but like Dishonored (the game) it has echos of the good bits of old favourites like Firefly and Farscape. even Andromeda, etc. while still managing to stand on its own merits and the main characters are all solid if unoriginal allowing you to get straight to the story without trying to work out who is who (though obviously there is a bit more to that than meets the eye).

PayDay Lover
Associate
Quite liking this so far TBH - 3 episodes in. Its nothing amazing so far but like Dishonored (the game) it has echos of the good bits of old favourites like Firefly and Farscape. even Andromeda, etc. while still managing to stand on its own merits and the main characters are all solid if unoriginal allowing you to get straight to the story without trying to work out who is who (though obviously there is a bit more to that than meets the eye).

Well if you have liked it so far then you will be pleased - I would say episodes 1-3 were its weakest bunch by quite some way, it definitely gets more enjoyable and I have been pleasantly surprised overall

Man of Honour
I do like the way they build concepts/plot mechanisms, etc. over the whole storyline rather than introducing something 5 minutes before its needed for the plot.

Man of Honour
Upto episode 11 now - surprised this gets relatively low ratings - sure doesn't move sci-fi on any, characters aren't particularly original and the locations, set design, cgi, etc. only just scrapes through at times but its got a decently solid storyline, characters have some interesting back stories, etc. the camera angles and music are reasonably well done - it could easily be one of the better series from a classic show like farscape, etc.

Man of Honour
Can't say I've thought the acting or writing has let it down - sure both are functional in nature and not going to win any awards but not really seen anything particularly clunky or cringe worthy, etc.

EDIT: I guess it helps if you've watched the older shows that this seems to draw from though - there are a few blanks in terms of some of the character nuances, universe details, etc. if you aren't familiar with that kind of setting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I initially thought it was a bit meh but was prepared to give it a season as both Revolution and Defiance were crap in season one but got quite good subsequently, however it's got pretty good and surpassed the other two's season one achievements already imho.

Man of Honour
I think the main thing is not to go in with any expectations of anything earth shattering - its a serviceable bit of sci-fi that pretty much fits in the mould but with a slightly above average storyline.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Think this series has been a really good surprise. Like the simplicity and the crew chemistry.

The latest episode was quite good kept you guessing all the way.

Associate
Bit of limp finale tbh, but overall I enjoyed it.

Not going to say I knew from the start who it was but I did guess it about half way through when they doubled down on making everyone else look suspicious, maybe I'm too cynical these days but when they do stuff like that it makes me jump the other way.

Soldato
Agree about the finale being a little bit lacking but other than that it's not been too bad.

Hopefully it will get a season 2 because it needs something better than the end it had this season in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom