***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
IMO yes its worth it.
Coming from playing DOD:S where you know you're going to bump into another player within a minute I'm really loving this, you can go hours without seeing anyone else or 10 minutes. Adds to the anticipation :D Friendly friendly..bang.bang...Dead. oops.

Soldato
Soldato
Cheers guys, so would you recommend the standalone or mod version? Reading mix feedback on google searches.

Imo standalone, it will be alive for a while to come, whereas when the standalone comes to the level that the mod is at, the mod will pretty much be concgined to the history books :)

Caporegime
I'd say the mod. The SA is fun and all but the pace at which Rocket and co are launching new toys is ridiculously slow. The mod can be had cheap, really cheap if you keep an eye out, whereas the standalone will cost you 30 odd quid. The mod will never die because it's a mod - people will always be fiddling and tweaking, and to be honest it's come so far in the last 6 months it boggles my mind. Plus you get all the extras like Epoch and extra maps like Namalsk.

I love DayZ but I simply can't recommend the SA to anyone until the game has goals, as it is there are no tents, no vehicles, few weapons, it's just a very basic game.

Ask me in 6 months time, and my answer will probably be different.

Ace

Ace

Associate
I'm the complete opposite I really like DayZ SA so decided to give the mod and go and think it is awful. The menu system, the graphics and the zombies are all far worse than SA. The zombies in the mod constantly spawn on you, so if you see any zombies you know a player is near by and they're very little threat, more annoying than anything.

The only thing better about the mod is vehicles / tents and bases / traders in epoch imo.

Caporegime
mod only thing worth playing now as most others are dead is epoch.

everything else is better in SA now . hardly any cheats no admin abuse better all round deal apart from early in development.

all that is in epoch will be bettered and be in sa anyway soon. so no real point in playing the mod. unless you cant wait a few months.

Associate
hi guys, sorry if its been mentioned but couldnt begin to search through 147 pages.

i havent played dayz for about a month, just got my new pc set up and thought i would have a go, i keep getting blurry screen everytime i get hit by a zombie which never goes clear again, i never used to get this, if i do the temporary fix by going to video settings then closing the menu its fine.

just wondered if this is a bug in the game or something to do with my hardware?

i have a i7 4770k, sapphire 290 tri-x if that helps.

Permabanned

everything else is better in SA now . hardly any cheats no admin abuse better all round deal apart from early in development.

all that is in epoch will be bettered and be in sa anyway soon. so no real point in playing the mod. unless you cant wait a few months.

Pretty much every mod has more content then SA, I know you love SA m8 but you got to stop the BS. Pretty much every mod you will find full servers as well not all but a lot of different mods of a mod so to speak will be full, plenty of game modes/features to be found in the mod it is far from dead and will not be for some time if ever.

Soldato
hi guys, sorry if its been mentioned but couldnt begin to search through 147 pages.

i havent played dayz for about a month, just got my new pc set up and thought i would have a go, i keep getting blurry screen everytime i get hit by a zombie which never goes clear again, i never used to get this, if i do the temporary fix by going to video settings then closing the menu its fine.

just wondered if this is a bug in the game or something to do with my hardware?

i have a i7 4770k, sapphire 290 tri-x if that helps.

It's part of the game
You lost health/blood so your screen goes blurry.

You need to eat till you're energized and drink till you're hydrated, then you will start to heal. It has always been like this apart from you didnt used to have the energized and hydrated bars.

Associate
It's part of the game
You lost health/blood so your screen goes blurry.

You need to eat till you're energized and drink till you're hydrated, then you will start to heal. It has always been like this apart from you didnt used to have the energized and hydrated bars.

i understood that it went blurry before, but no matter how much i eat or heal myself it doesnt clear up. as i say i can just go to video settings and the screen is crystal clear again?

Caporegime

Sorry but this is flat put wrong. I'm a member of a very active dayz community and their servers are almost always full, to the point where people are offering cash for guaranteed slots or more servers. They host Epoch, vanilla and they've got a couple of experimental servers which they use for whatever the cool kids are playing.

The SA has a few things which are better than the mod, most buildings being enter able being the main one but the mod spanks it in almost every other aspect. The mod is also still being very actively developed.

Caporegime
Pretty much every mod has more content then SA, I know you love SA m8 but you got to stop the BS. Pretty much every mod you will find full servers as well not all but a lot of different mods of a mod so to speak will be full, plenty of game modes/features to be found in the mod it is far from dead and will not be for some time if ever.

i don't love anything ! :D i think the SA is too slow on content but it is still the better game. it will be also as they will have 50 professionals working on it not just a couple of modders. arma 2 is stuck with what it has sa can do what it wants.

the mod was fun until admin tools ruined it and every server admin just gave themselves great gear every respawn or you " donated to help the server cost " and got instant dmr on respawn :rolleyes:

people like that fine but the actual idea of dayz was for survival and to be tuff not give everyone gear or cause you own server oh ill have a heli everytime i want one spawn my character and clan mates whatever they want every time kinda isn't dayz.

that isnt survival its just exploiting the game cause you can. that's why i play the SA cause you cant do any of that and its better all round. only thing lacking is content which i cant argue about. mod has more content which i have said and don't argue about.

thing is once the content is out mod is over ! 1.5 million already have standalone so when content hits boom mod R.I.P . its just a case of time .

i enjoyed 90 percent of time on mod some awesome times and fun but its time to embrace the new and the better overall game.

Permabanned
I'd say the mod. The SA is fun and all but the pace at which Rocket and co are launching new toys is ridiculously slow. The mod can be had cheap, really cheap if you keep an eye out, whereas the standalone will cost you 30 odd quid. The mod will never die because it's a mod - people will always be fiddling and tweaking, and to be honest it's come so far in the last 6 months it boggles my mind. Plus you get all the extras like Epoch and extra maps like Namalsk.

I love DayZ but I simply can't recommend the SA to anyone until the game has goals, as it is there are no tents, no vehicles, few weapons, it's just a very basic game.

Ask me in 6 months time, and my answer will probably be different.

The Standalone is 19.99, no where near 30 odd quid.

Permabanned
i

the mod was fun until admin tools ruined it and every server admin just gave themselves great gear every respawn or you " donated to help the server cost " and got instant dmr on respawn :rolleyes:

people like that fine but the actual idea of dayz was for survival and to be tuff not give everyone gear or cause you own server oh ill have a heli everytime i want one spawn my character and clan mates whatever they want every time kinda isn't dayz.

that isnt survival its just exploiting the game cause you can. that's why i play the SA cause you cant do any of that and its better all round. only thing lacking is content which i cant argue about. mod has more content which i have said and don't argue about.

Exactly that, the mod is exploitable and you rely on a community to see it straight and lets be honest, thats very rare and if you are in that group, then you are lucky.

In standalone you know people have worked for their gear... OK maybe that work is just a punch or an axe on someone unsuspecting... even stumbling across a body that hasnt been looted fully. But its a giant circle in that everyones action can cause a reaction... i enjoyed the mod and i do miss vehicles etc, but SA still has an edge to it and with the premise/promise of so much more, that I just have to keep my finger in the pie :D

Associate
DG don't make me have to report you for trying to troll certain groups who post on here and crying over the same old OMG Admins have all these super powers.

If it bothered you that much why didnt you get your own Server?

Lead by example mate, If you dont like how people do something then man up get your own server and show them how it should be done. Instead of taking sly dig after sly dig...

We have all been warned but still you persist. I have kept my mouth shut since the final warning the other day yet you continue.
What makes you feel your more special than the rest of us mate ?

Anyway has you report everyone who even mentions anything but Dayz SA in here I'd like to point out Dayz mod has its own thread, you may want to go in there next time You want to mention the Mod in any shape or form :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom