***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
I'll start fresh on there next time play, most likely later today.
No idea how will find each other as there's no side chat ;)

Sheesh though, just found more problems.

You can't carry anything in your hands when swimming? I had an first aid kit with bits in it that found when spawned. Started swimming, it just drops into water.
No problem, I'll just.....Oh, you can't pick things up that are in the water.
*presses tab*
Seriously!? You can't loot at all?

Also discovered, you can't even side strafe in water, nor swim backwards.
I know it's still early access, but c'mon....!

Soldato
No text chat at all? I found a car just needed the spark plug, but died to zombies.. so close.

My steam is digitalxak if you wanna add when you next get on, then we can plan.

Last edited:
Soldato
No text chat at all? I found a car just needed the spark plug, but died to zombies.. so close.

My steam is digitalxak if you wanna add when you next get on, then we can plan.
Did you try to drive without it? Neither of the last two I drove had the spark plug, but worked. Even a ruined battery made no difference.

Soldato
It had a battery, fuel gauge showed full, 4 tires yellow/green state. on the scroll down menu i had "engine on" and tried Enter and F but nothing worked. All controls are default.

Associate
Yerp, there's only local in game.
Sort of handy, considering in mod any time you'd be sneaking around, some git'd scream over side chat & freak you out ;)
Sort of hope they do add text in side chat though.

Soldato
It's a poor excuse for a game now with all the intricacies; the fun of the mod was mostly player interaction, not finding individual bullets to fill up a mag.

I'm OK with needing to keep your food and hydration levels up for a certain amount of realism effect, but not so OK with the lack of ammo and firearms.

Roll on modding so we can enjoy lots of military grade weapons, with super fast FPS, on a beautiful map. I know I know, it will end up with 'start with M107' type servers, but you only have to look how the mod went to see which type of servers lasted longest.

Are private servers allowed to increase loot levels to whatever they like?

There is plenty of ammo if you head inland. Stick to the coast and best you'll get is shotgun and pistol (not too bad). Kamy, Elektro and Cherno rarely have much due to popular spawn points. Skalisty Island isn't a bad shout if you get a Kamy/Solnichniy spawn, often end up with a primary weapon with bullets, rain coat, back pack and some food.

Private and public servers have no control over the loot table. Servers check loot every 3 seconds with new loot constantly spawning.

Anyone got recommend YT channels? I quite like Therunningmanz.

Also if anyone is getting on soon, I would be up for meets. I treat the game solely as survival and don't KOS.

Lots, where do I start:

Barely Infected (Rene) - probably one of the nicest DayZ players and sounds very similar to you. Great YouTube channel and uploads all his live streams from YouTube. Very morals based player and really nice guy. Not so much these days but has often played with Runningmanz (TRMZ).

SuperFTLOL - again, another guy that played a lot with TRMZ and Rene (he and Rene do an interesting podcast called 'Altarcast' which discusses many aspects of the game). Short videos in the main but he does have a base bandit series which is well worth a watch. Can be a very tactical player with great movement to his game.

M1nder - he does a 'Brother's of DayZ' series which is probably one of the best DayZ SA series (role play recordings from DayZ Underground server). Not enough content (still a lot) but probably my favourite content creator, even more so than TRMZ.

Deadlyslob - interesting scenario-based videos but very much KOS player.

Babynades - Understated content creator. Some nice meaty hero/survival/adventure series to get your teeth into and still making content which is good.

Reeeidiculous - great guy and makes some nice long adventure/encounter videos.

Fubarbundy - start with his early stuff. Very much KOS/encouter-based but it really is hilarious some of the stuff he gets up to. His first 'Alan' video still has me in stitches. Not for the easily offended.

Dannyboy - really interesting content creator, well worth a watch. Social experiment videos pretty interesting.

Wobo - the godfather of DayZ SA science. What the guy doesn't know about the game isn't worth knowing. Hasn't done much recently due to personal reasons but interesting stuff.

SepticFalcon - does regular DayZ SA status update videos which may be of interest but has a few other videos on DayZ.

VertigoGaming - one that was recommended by a friend I met through playing DayZ - what I have watched so far looks brilliant and can't wait to have time to get into his large collection of content.

Sobieski Channel - some good series but doesn't update DayZ much these days.

Other such as Jam Jar, Mr. Moon and those old school DayZ players but don't tend to make content these days. Plenty there to get you going but if you like TRMZ then M1nder and Barely Infected would probably be where I'd start.

Feel free to message me in trust, quite often on of an evening (10pm GMT) - always play on private servers, mainly first person.

If anyone wants to join I am on this: DayZ UK 5-30 hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk going by the profile file. no mic though so have be text.
You'll find it difficult in game without a mic, seriously, it's such a big part of the game!

Last edited:
Associate
I've been putting a few hours in to this lately with a mate, and despite the distinct lack of player encounters, we've actually enjoyed it thanks to the atmospherics and the game's antagonists.

We got ourselves safely into a house while being pursued by a pack of wolves, which remained outside circling the building and lunging at the windows. They never stood still to offer an opportunity for us to shoot them through the windows, which basically meant we were trapped until they left, which they did. It was quite an intense experience, similar to my early days in the mod when I was scared of the zombies.

I still believe the game would benefit with the ability for server owners to set their preferred settings, allowing hardcore fans to play 'bullet search simulator', while the others can get on with enjoying players interactions/confrontations.

Soldato
That's one I've seen for quite a while. Does drone on a little at times, but he's not bad.
Does plenty of other games too, including Miscreated, which looks good.

Yes, I've been interested in that but it too suffers from a lot of bugs. Plus I've watched a few streams and there are a lot of things about it I would find frustrating such as bullet mechanics/damage. Much rather stick to DayZ.

I've been putting a few hours in to this lately with a mate, and despite the distinct lack of player encounters, we've actually enjoyed it thanks to the atmospherics and the game's antagonists.

We got ourselves safely into a house while being pursued by a pack of wolves, which remained outside circling the building and lunging at the windows. They never stood still to offer an opportunity for us to shoot them through the windows, which basically meant we were trapped until they left, which they did. It was quite an intense experience, similar to my early days in the mod when I was scared of the zombies.

I still believe the game would benefit with the ability for server owners to set their preferred settings, allowing hardcore fans to play 'bullet search simulator', while the others can get on with enjoying players interactions/confrontations.

No doubt once Beta arrives and modding possible, many variables will be possible with the base game.

Wolves are pretty hard if you're out in the open but easy to avoid from deer stand or building - trouble is if you don't have a weapon. Shotgun is the best, followed by something like the magnum. Crossbow bolts are a 1 hit with wolves. Typically killing 2 or 3 makes the pack scatter but if you are being chased by wolves and agro zombies, you can actually distract some/all wolves as they go for zombies (great time to make escape). Don't forget to skin wolves if you kill any - wolf meat is some of the best food in the game for health.

Back
Top Bottom