***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
I hate waiting but this is not a year and a halves improvement on the mod so I will have to try, I loved the mod and it's flaws(still never tried ARMA II) but I just want to see a working train then we wouldn't have rely on the kindness of others(when spawning)

The idea of this game fully fixed excites me more than Megan Fox!

Caporegime
got a epic video but cant show on here for swearing :D

we got a bit of a dumbass with us and he took 5 minutes to change trousers :confused: so we decided to get him in handcuffs :D for messing about.

best thing is while we hand cuffing him some guy pops in and says hi ! :p

talk about worst place in world to pop in 5 of us with m4s loaded to hilt :D

so we got him handcuffed him then force fed him disinfectant :)

he had keys then got out then we gunned him down :D

Soldato
got a epic video but cant show on here for swearing :D

we got a bit of a dumbass with us and he took 5 minutes to change trousers :confused: so we decided to get him in handcuffs :D for messing about.

best thing is while we hand cuffing him some guy pops in and says hi ! :p

talk about worst place in world to pop in 5 of us with m4s loaded to hilt :D

so we got him handcuffed him then force fed him disinfectant :)

he had keys then got out then we gunned him down :D

Sent you a trust.

Associate
Can anyone give me a mini review of the game - is it as unfinished as some reviews state?

I'm looking to play a good zombie apocalypse game and i enjoyed Rust, but wanted something a bit more complex.

I've never played any dayz game so is it worth playing the old game, or just jumping straight to this?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
For anyone wondering how to heal your self / get your blood back. You need to get "healing" next to your character in the inventory. To do this you need to consume a lot of food / drink until it says you are full. Then you should start healing. I consumed loooooooooooooads of food and it didn't appear, but then I went to a well and pressed it about 20 times and it sorted it. It seems that when the display for being hungry / thirsty appears, its quite far from actually being at max.

Permabanned
Can anyone give me a mini review of the game - is it as unfinished as some reviews state?

I'm looking to play a good zombie apocalypse game and i enjoyed Rust, but wanted something a bit more complex.

I've never played any dayz game so is it worth playing the old game, or just jumping straight to this?

Thanks in advance

This game only has zombies on a restart ( 3 or 4 max in your town), you got it after all this time zombies do not respawn nor does loot.

Permabanned
If anything the hackers are showing how dumb they are and it is probably a good thing they are doing it now, if they were clever they would wait for the full game where less people are working on it therefore less chance of hacks getting nerfed than when the full release is out!

Associate
Managed to find myself a Mosin in some town (god knows where I am)
Can I find any ammo for it? nada got .357's got 7.62's got .45's what does the mosin use? lol
Quite happy i've found a tin opener now too, my axe opening skills left a lot to be desired.
Is the map working yet? I just get a black screen, do the compass and maps do anything?

Sorry complete n00b to this game.

Associate
The compass does work, you have to put it in your hand (I've actually got it on my quick launch bar or whatever the bar is along the bottom of the screen) once it's in your hand, go to the 1st person view and press 'Space' you should open up your compass and be able to use it :)
I've also got a map/part of a map, but am totally unable to use it, unless I doing something wrong of course. Oh and I still need a tin opener, my guy is totally useless at opening a tin of beans with an axe and wastes about 40% of it in the process.

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to find myself a Mosin in some town (god knows where I am)
Can I find any ammo for it? nada got .357's got 7.62's got .45's what does the mosin use? lol
Quite happy i've found a tin opener now too, my axe opening skills left a lot to be desired.
Is the map working yet? I just get a black screen, do the compass and maps do anything?

Sorry complete n00b to this game.

Right click on the 7.62mm ammo, split it down as the rifle you have is a bolt action that takes 5 rounds a time.

Associate
The compass does work, you have to put it in your hand (I've actually got it on my quick launch bar or whatever the bar is along the bottom of the screen) once it's in your hand, go to the 1st person view and press 'Space' you should open up your compass and be able to use it :)
I've also got a map/part of a map, but am totally unable to use it, unless I doing something wrong of course. Oh and I still need a tin opener, my guy is totally useless at opening a tin of beans with an axe and wastes about 40% of it in the process.

You are not able to set way points on maps anymore. Some servers when you look at the map it will show where you are, however servers that are set to Veteran difficulty wont show you this.

So maps are pretty useless tbh. (in game)

Associate
Right click on the 7.62mm ammo, split it down as the rifle you have is a bolt action that takes 5 rounds a time.

Cheers for that :)
Need to find some more now, tired chambering them in a higher number before I read this and they seem to have vanished :( got a bipod for my empty gun now though.
Playing on the server in the first post. Player name is Pezza.

Associate
Do they have plans to make the deserted flats northish of cherno look a bit better, the building are so glitchy and entire area is a bit of an eyesore at the moment.

Oh and when they are making it so zombies respawn ? It's getting pretty dull running around an empty world.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I had a zed aggro on me from about 1km away, so i lay down, deployed bipod and headshot it from about 600m away with the first shot, M4 is really accurate!

Back
Top Bottom