Dell U2711..is it worth the money?

Soldato
Just got it and set it up on my desktop. One word - AMAZING!

Moving up from my 2007WFP - it's a huge improvement - money well spent.

I can notice the AG Cotaing on whites - but it hardly bothers me at all.

Soldato
Just got it and set it up on my desktop. One word - AMAZING!

Moving up from my 2007WFP - it's a huge improvement - money well spent.

I can notice the AG Cotaing on whites - but it hardly bothers me at all.

Thought you might find it satisfactory.Lol. hope you enjoy.

Mark

Soldato
Well its arrived, opened the box, now the auction said it was an A09 so wanted to check it was, and much to my surprise the little label shows it is an A10, yes that is right an A10.

Any one know the changes?

Kimbie

Associate
Got a 2412m recently and although its colours are a lot sharper than my old samsung b22 thingy when you go from colour to black in skyrim you can notice how much slower it is than the old samsung. Bit of a shame but ive gotten used to it, not really given it much time in bf3, thinking about either a 2711 or a 27850d (samsung ) for my big monitor !

Soldato
Well its hooked up via Display Port and wow such a difference, just tried Anno 2070 on it at 1440p with everything on max and my 6870 seems to cope with it, no stuttering or anything :)

Would try BF3 but don't have it, but I would think should get decent results with that.

Kimbie

Soldato
Someone wanted a pic of the u2711 setup, not sure if someone did but here is mine

u2711.jpg

Kimbie

Soldato
I'm so tempted to buy this monitor I know the price will change tomorrow. My fear is the lag on it when used for gaming.

The alternative is a much cheaper 120hz 1080p screen but the resolution sucks.

What to do :( :(

Soldato
I caved in. Orderd it!! Why didn't I do it yesterday and save myself a few quid? Plonker.

Let's hope it's good, getting fed up choosing a monitor!!

Soldato
Just to report, got the monitor!

Firstly the quality of this is unbelievable. The best word I can think to describe it is 'solid'! Everything feels really well made. Its weighty, has an excellent stand. I personally like the non flashy looks, black and grey, the OSD is excellent.

The unit gets fairly hot, but makes no noise at all.

The AG isnt as horrendous as people have been making out. If you are looking at white its obviously more pronounced, but for the majority of the time its not even that visible to me. Cant see it being a problem.

There is the *slightest* input lag, but I adjusted to it very quickly. No longer an issue.

No ghosting that I can tell. Have been playing BF3 and Skyrim and both play with no problems at all.

Would I have preferd a gloss screen? Probably, but everything else about this monitor is quality. I will be keeping!:cool:

Soldato
Yes the Quality of build is very high. The look/design of the monitor is spot on and I'm still in awe sometimes when I look at the PQ of this monitor. Very satisfied.

Soldato
rare
Kona786

I agree with your comments - now I have had mine for quite a few days it has grown on me.Must admit the AG coating is not as bad as I feared in everyday use,and certainly does not detract from the overall high quality experience.Can't see me going back to my 1900x1200 - although that too was a good quality ips screen.

Happy days - enjoy our toys!!!!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom