Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Ree

Ree

Associate
patiently waiting and looking forward to it :) was a nice freebie.

3a7fb5d7099e8220e42081c5c0115ae5.png

Associate
I played the first one on Ps4 and I thought it was brilliant, the environment were so interesting and varied.

I remember thinking this would be brilliant If I didn't have to play it with a ps4 controller.

Soldato
Can't wait for this! Tempted to double dip I played lots of destiny on ps4 swapped to pc for 2 but I kind of want it ASAP! :/I know it's a bad idea as trying to keep that many characters going would be insane

Associate
I think I have updated that spreadsheet, if not I am TheCarta on most platforms apart from Blizzard where I am Carta#2536

Soldato
Hmmm, no dedicated servers and no information about a dedicated form of anti cheat?

I feel this will go the way of For Honor and The Division.

Not this **** again... yes there are server-side mechanisms in place, such as controlling character and item stats as well as tracking location in the game world and event triggers. That means items and characters can't be manipulated or hacked since the information is stored on Bungie servers. Bungie has explained it all here

Soldato
Not this **** again... yes there are server-side mechanisms in place, such as controlling character and item stats as well as tracking location in the game world and event triggers. That means items and characters can't be manipulated or hacked since the information is stored on Bungie servers. Bungie has explained it all here

Alright, so what about aim bot? Wall hack?

Soldato
Alright, so what about aim bot? Wall hack?

Name me any game that protects against both 100% and I'll paypal you my first born

Games like CSGO and RSS use dedicated servers and are plagued with both those hacks so I don't know what point you're trying to make

Blizzard will be using Warden anti-cheat to detect third party programs that mess with the executable and game files, that is part of the reason for being on battle.net.

Soldato
Name me any game that protects against both 100% and I'll paypal you my first born

No need to get so defensive. Just merely pointing out there has been no mention of anti cheat. Overwatch is pretty solid with its anti cheat though.

>Blizzard will be using Warden anti-cheat to detect third party programs that mess with the executable and game files, that is part of the reason for being on battle.net.

Do you have a source for that? Doesn't seem likely that Blizzard would involve themselves with someone else game, just because its being sold through their Battle.net platform. And AFAIK Battle.net isn't the application that detects you for cheats.

Soldato
Overwatch has a cheating problem, nearly every game does to a certain extent.

Not sure what you want from this thread other than to moan about something you have already decided you dislike, I mean it's just another for honour right?

Warden is an assumption I believe, but it won't be released without anti cheat, they partnered with bliz for a reason.

Soldato
Not sure what you want from this thread other than to moan about something you have already decided you dislike, I mean it's just another for honour right?

I never said i didn't like it, merely pointed out the lack of dedicated servers and mention of anti cheat.

Warden is an assumption I believe

Warden was and has never been part of battle.net. It was always a system based within the WoW code, from what i remember.

they partnered with bliz for a reason.

Just because they partnered with Blizzard, doesn't mean Blizzard are going to open the doors to their infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom