Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Qel

Qel

Associate
So all linked up now (thankfully avoiding the awful design flaw), presumably as I ordered D2 through the Blizzard store I don't need a beta code or anything?

Associate
Just found this on the Destiny site for you:

"You will automatically receive Beta access on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, or Blizzard Shop account that you pre-ordered with when the Beta launches."

So seems like your all good to go :)

Associate
Well I managed to link my new battle.net Bungie account to my old Sony Bungie account but whilst doing so this deleted my new account and also lost beta access along with it Zzzz but I am on chat at the moment with Amazon about a replacement code and trying to explain this issue to hmmm how shall we say a non speaking english person is painful!

Associate
Cheers Qel and let's hope so for all our sake. I do feel really bad for other people who have linked accounts the opposite way round than I did and they have lost there Destiny 1 profiles completely, all their characters and progress and all Bungie seem to be saying is unlucky and sorry but there isn't anything they can do.

On the plus side Amazon have or will be emailing me over a replacement Beta code for D2 so that is some good news.

Soldato
So all linked up now (thankfully avoiding the awful design flaw), presumably as I ordered D2 through the Blizzard store I don't need a beta code or anything?

I can confirm that you will be fine. I preordered D2 for PS4 in the exact same way but with the PSN store. I made the same mistake in losing my bungie account, but I have been able to access the PS4 beta today anyway.

As long as your battle.net account has Destiny 2 on its games list, you are automatically and irrefutably enrolled into the beta test no matter what happens to your bungie.net account.

If you head to eu.battle.net, and then 'Manage my games', you will see Destiny 2 on the list. That's your guaranteed beta access :)

Soldato
If you use the beta for xbox can you still be in the PC beta?

Preorders are per platform only, but remember that they only give you a couple of days earlier access to the beta test, after that anyone and everyone can join in regardless of if they preordered or not.

So for example you preordered the Xbox version, you could play the Xbox beta a couple of days earlier, then in late August you can play the PC beta when it's opened to everyone.

The Xbox beta start date for preorders is on July 19th, but everyone can join in on the 21st.
The PC beta is slated for 'late August' - we haven't got a date yet.

Soldato
OP
If you use the beta for xbox can you still be in the PC beta?

If you only have 1 code you only have access to 1 beta. I pre-ordered my PC beta from Game and my PS4 one from Amazon. Might cancel the PS4 copy though, just wanted Beta access.

Edit: To make it clear. If you pre-ordered a Xbox One copy of the game and redeemed that code on Bungie.net you can then pick your beta platform be it PS, XB or PC

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a reminder that preorders only let you access the beta a few days earlier, it is open to everyone regardless of if they've preordered it or not. You don't have to buy the game to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom