Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
I am getting it on PC and PS4 as my son and some other guys will be sticking with the PS4 version.

I will be interesting to see how the balancing split between the PC and console version plays out, I am hoping with Blizzard involved that the PC will have more opportunity to also split the PvP and PvE balancing.

I do think the beta has been a wasted PR move without any open world play, even showing off a small area to showcase it to the unenlightened ;).

Associate
edit:

Yeah PVP multipliers are the answer which massive are finally starting to do instead of nerfing. ( after a year of silly nerfs)

Hopefully d2 follows that instead of nerfing sets/abilities.

I don't like skillup, I think he has too much influence when IMO he is a bit of a scrub, but he has good points in that video

Don't remind me ha ha - but we sure had some fun mate :cool: been watching some things massive has planned and I still think they'll never get it right. I hope destiny 2 will do better for sure, and I'll be in!

Soldato
What sequel doesn't borrow from it's successful predecessor? Why should they redo everything when they got the feel right the first time around?

Videos like this are frustrating, created for cheap clickbait raising issues that are just the industry norm.

If they tore destiny 1 up and put together something completely different, then it wouldn't be destiny - it's a continuation of its universe/story and if he doesn't think the graphics are different then he's blind.

Destiny isn't going to be for everyone, they got a lot wrong with the initial release, the DLC's were a little sparse - however the feel of movement/aiming/skills for the most part felt spot on for a console shooter - it's a bullet spongy loot driven FPS shooter in a sci fi setting - either you will enjoy it or you won't.

The issues raised during the beta about skill cooldown times has already been addressed. They have also publicly acknowledged the failings in the first one and have promised to keep adding new content without so much of a gap between new stuff being added.

Will they keep to it? Only time will tell.

Associate
For people that played the first one is this video correct?

Almost turned that off halfway through, very biased trolling video. There comes a point where Bungie can't win, some people want Destiny 2, others seem to want everything to be completely different and perfect. You either like this style of game or you don't. To say "I thought Destiny 1 sucked" and then call the beta a reskin is pretty immature in my opinion.

I'm not going to defend the beta, it was an old build and very slow. But I liked the story mission, it felt much better put together. The strike was a bit grindy, but again due to poor gear and long cooldowns.

That guy just trolls the whole thing:

- Same graphics? Not really, even on PS4 they were noticeably better.
- Art style? Erm yea, that's the point....
- Most of the enemies are identical? Not identical and the Halo's were the same, old enemies mixed with new.
- Gameplay, HUD etc comments? All tweaked coming into D2, again I'm not sure what he expected here
- 30 FPS. No problem for those on PC
- Agreed with the cringey ghost comments, but whatever
- Compares gameplay to arcade game. Erm what?
- Complains about shooting lots / bosses taking lots of bullets. It's a shoot-to-loot, would be interested to hear his views on Borderlands or The Division
- Try's to make out that enemies in Halo were vastly different to those in Destiny, when they're actually very similar.
- Complains about PvP cooldowns, which have already been acknowledged and will also change with gear etc
- Complains about the maps, when Bungie's PvP map design is actually very good compared to others
- Closes the video like he's some kind of hero for covering a game he doesn't like, and that he's going to spend money on it anyway?

Soldato
The main thing putting me off that they haven't addressed the main complaints with the first game.

Sure it's new and shiner and a bit different, but I was really hoping for Destiny in a proper coherent open world.

I'm sure it'll be decent but after sinking so many hours into the first game I'd rather put my gaming time into something different rather than more of the same.

Associate
For those still interested :p Some new PC Beta info has been released :)

Destiny 2 PC Beta

Early Access: August 28

Open Beta: August 29 Beta Ends: August 31

Minimum Requirements We know you want to know what you’ll need to play. This question has been floating on the winds of the Internet ever since we finally uttered a sentence with the words “Destiny” and “PC” and “Yes!”

The following are the specs for what you’ll need to build to participate.

Recommended Spec

CPU

Intel - Core i5-2400 AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970 AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM 8GB​

Minimum Spec

CPU

Intel - Core i3-3250 AMD - FX-4350

GPU Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM 6GB​

If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well:

Recommended

CPU- Intel Core i5-7400

GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB​

Minimum

CPU- Intel Pentium G4560

GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB​

Bungie’s Event Machine

CPU– Intel i7-7700k

GPU– Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB​

These are the specs for the Beta. They could change before launch on October 24. It all depends on how things play out.

This is not the last piece of news we’ll have for PC players prior to the Beta. In the weeks to come, expect us to sound off again with more details on how you can get the most out of your first steps in the PC build. Today, we wanted to let you know when the exercise will begin, and give you enough time – assuming you’ll even need it – to build the perfect rig. There's much more to come.

We’re looking so forward to hosting you for this crucial testing op. It’s been a long time since Bungie has served gamers on anything other than a console. This is an exciting time for us in our studio, and we’re packing a lot of love into the PC Beta. We hope you’ll join us for this tactical pre-party.

Preparing for Destiny 2 PC Beta

The Destiny 2 Console Beta provided a great amount of data and information for our internal teams to address leading up to September. The next round of Beta testing is coming in late August for PC. If you have pre-ordered Destiny 2, follow these steps to register:

• Sign-in to Bungie.net - Create or sign in to a Bungie.net account using your Blizzard Account, PlayStation Network, or Xbox Live credentials

• Redeem the Early Access Pre-order Code - Enter the Destiny 2 Early Access Beta Code provided by the retailer on Bungie.net/redeem
In the coming weeks, we’ll update help.bungie.net/Beta to reflect PC Beta times, and the process of downloading the client. Until then, stay tuned to @BungieHelp for further instruction.

Please note the following:

• If players experience issues retrieving a Destiny 2 Early Access code upon pre-order, they must contact their retailer for further assistance

• Code redemption does not display properly on some mobile devices. Please visit Bungie.net on a web browser if you are experiencing any issues, and post a report to the #Help forum detailing your experience

• Players will only be granted one Destiny Beta Download Code per Pre-order. Bungie will not replace codes if they are lost or have been redeemed for the incorrect platform

Associate
I watched the Youtube vids posted and agreed with some of their points but suddenly Budgie have thrown the kitchen sink at it since the Beta finishing releasing more details of content on IGN and now announcing the pre-order Exotic.

It's a shame they couldn't have announced the content before and had even a small open world area during the Beta as after about 4 hours of trying the different classes out that I felt I had finished with it and went back to Dishonoured 2, not a big deal for me as I was always going to get it but for someone who hadn't played before I'm not sure there was much to get excited about.

Soldato
Destiny 2 will have SLI support unlike the vast majority of modern PC releases

https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/8...comments/6pyxfa/this_week_at_bungie_07272017/

Also, Bungie blog had an update https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46087/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07272017

Destiny 2 PC Beta
Early Access: August 28
Open Beta: August 29
Beta Ends: August 31

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390
RAM
8GB
Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350
GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM
6GB

Associate
It's being released with Standard vs Standard Plus option?
Looks like you get an additional weapon for standard plus? Might have to change my order!

Soldato
It's being released with Standard vs Standard Plus option?
Looks like you get an additional weapon for standard plus? Might have to change my order!

All preorders get Coldheart exotic weapon, premiums get a sword legendary weapon.

Also, the PC lead developer has confirmed that the Destiny 2 expansions will drop at the same time as the console versions;

https://twitter.com/JulioTulho/status/875492984057450497

so only the vanilla launch version of Destiny 2 is behind its console counterparts. Once it's launched on all platforms, it will get the same updates everywhere at the same time.

Associate
Noob question, I want to sign in and redeem my PC beta code but don't have an xbox live, psn or Blizzard account. Any ideas which one I should choose to create or doesn't it make any difference?

Associate
Noob question, I want to sign in and redeem my PC beta code but don't have an xbox live, psn or Blizzard account. Any ideas which one I should choose to create or doesn't it make any difference?
So you've not played any Bungie games before? If so then just create a Blizzard ID, then log into Bungie

Also a good PvE open world summary video from SkillUp

Back
Top Bottom