• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
will the cards be on sale straight away on the 10th or will it take a while from that date to filter into OC and then on the webby - if so whats the eta for them to hit

The 10th is a paper launch. So basically all the information on them is released, we may see some benchmarks and get pricing info, and also find out when they're out for sale.

hope 5850 will be launched the same time as 5870 first batch is out 22nd September , now bring those benches at 10th. reviewers probably have that card already and testing it at moment hopefully.

hope 5850 will be launched the same time as 5870 first batch is out 22nd September , now bring those benches at 10th. reviewers probably have that card already and testing it at moment hopefully.

I'm assuming that some places do have cards and are just waiting until they can publish them.

On bit-tech, their i5 review today, one of the staff makes reference to :

We have a specific gaming performance article ready to roll in due course ;)
Which to me seems like a hint at 5800s, especially since it was a reply to some one asking about testing with different graphics cards.

I can't see much reason for the ';)' if it were a test using the current cards out, or them waiting to 'roll it out when they're able to'.

Looks to me like they've finished whatever article it is and are just waiting for the word go.

I'd imagine they have almost definitely finished the article, a review / preview takes bloody ages :D

I agree, I just don't want to come accross like I'm telling everyone 'HEY BIT-TECH HAVE DEFINITELY GOT A 5800 PREVIEW READY TO POST'

only for them to post an article about a socket 1156 motherboard group test. :D

er why is heat a problem on the 48xx series graphics cards ?

my 4890 is the coolest Graphics card I've owned

idles at 52C or so vs 70C for my previous 8800GTX

Price difference between 4890 -> 5850 £30 more? leads me to believe that it's not going to be much more powerful, as for the 5870 at £70 more who knows..

and they arent going to drop price much more on 4890's so i hope the price isn't going to mean only a tad better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom