• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Hope the new cards are a substantial notch above the current 4000 series though I doubt they will be, except for the top end card. Highly doubt I'll be upgrading, my 4870X2 handles almost all games very very well.

Same here. My 4870X2 has never had any trouble. Would probably get away with waiting for the 6870X2, but Im not sure I can resist. I love the X2 series!

I ll see what happens, when decent games come out for them than I ll have a look, I really wanna try Nvidia this time, although they have annoyed me recently :mad: but great products non the less

I would also like to go back to Nvidia. But recently they have been doing some really underhanded things, so not sure I want to anymore. Will still try and keep my options open though!

Soldato
If these come in the same high quality package as my GTX260 (Card still impresses me pulling it out of the machine, awesome stock cooler, quiet, runs without a single problem) then i'l be interested.. As long as there are games out there to make use of it.

Soldato
I wouldnt mind going back to NV - I get bored of the same Control Panel :p

So far I have gone from NV-NV->ATI->ATI->NV->ATI in the past few years... guess it just depends though.

Man of Honour
I wouldnt mind going back to NV - I get bored of the same Control Panel :p

So far I have gone from NV-NV->ATI->ATI->NV->ATI in the past few years... guess it just depends though.

I dont even remember the Nvidia control panel anymore!

I have gone NV > ATI > ATI > NV > NV > NV >ATI...pretty balanced :)

Associate
3816255777_6cd0898941_o.jpg

http://techpulse360.com/2009/08/12/...en-graphics-chips-you-wont-believe-your-eyes/

UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING ULTRA-HIGH RESOLUTIONS WHY WOULD YOU NEED NEW CARDS?

What games are over-taxing current cards at lower resolutions like 1920x1080?

:D

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I ve had a Hercules (parents fault) than I went to Nvida twice the second time was a huge mistake FX5700LE....ewww

Than I ve had readons ever since A. cos parents brought the cards B. could never afford one

now however that is different

Associate
I'd be really surprised if there is any actual hardware available come September 10th, comes across as too early to me. More than likely will be a paper launch.

Man of Honour
I'd be really surprised if there is any actual hardware available come September 10th, comes across as too early to me. More than likely will be a paper launch.

I reckon it'll just be the lower spec cards. The X2 types wont come til October. At least thats what happened with the 4xxx series.

Caporegime

There won't be as Sept. 10th is the press/partner briefing, not the cards launch date, that will be announced at that briefing, hopefully won't be that long after though, guess it will just depend on how the yeilds are coming along. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
From what im hearing from my friends overseas, 10 september is paper launch and cards will be ready for sale at shops first week of october or last week of september depending on production levels.

Soldato
8800 GT's were hard to get hold of not long after release, wonder if that will happen with these?

Might be better to get one straight off the bat, price drops will likely be minimal the following weeks anyway if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom