• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
michaelmk86 there is a difference to poking fun at a brand than a person.

Kylew did not say anything in that post that needed personal attention.

a person that calls people idiots, retards and ignorant because they bought an nvidia card... OK guys ati looks like it made a good card lineup but why do you feel the need to bash nvidia?

Permabanned
Says the original "ATi: The way it's not meant to be played" guy. :D

yeah you got a problem? that was my experience with ati at that time but of course i'm going to give them another chance sooner or later. when you buy the top cards from both ati and nvidia you can come as well and give us your impressions.

Soldato
OP
a person that calls people idiots, retards and ignorant because they bought an nvidia card... OK guys ati looks like it made a good card lineup but why do you feel the need to bash nvidia?

I have nothing against bashing either side when its warranted.

What i don't like is lies, generalising of person problems & over exaggerations posted as facts.

BTW: i didn't see idiots, retards and ignorant used in this thread & not by me anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
renameway.png

:D

Brilliant :D

Soldato
yeah you got a problem? that was my experience with ati at that time but of course i'm going to give them another chance sooner or later. when you buy the top cards from both ati and nvidia you can come as well and give us your impressions.

Nope, no problems here, just hilariously satisfying irony. Also my previous buying patterns with cards seems to have alternated between Nvidia and ATi almost perfectly, my last card was an 8800 GTS 320MB and I loved it. I'd just as quickly pick up another Nvidia card if I felt it was the right time and the right card to buy.

I don't really have the money or inclination to buy top-end cards though, I feel you get diminishing returns in relation to the money you spend towards the top end.

Soldato
The performance of these cards looks amazing. Take http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Vf8R_gOec, there are 4 GPUs powering 24 screens, on average each GPU is rendering 6 24" screens at 1920x1200, i.e. 5760x2400...these cards are going to absolutely blow everything away.

PS has anyone noticed the pro-NV news sites suddenly posting up reviews of the 295 Mars whatever edition? NV's attempt at reponding to the hype?

Man of Honour
Only way the mars edition is gonna be any response to the hype is if they slash the price to sub £200 lol...

That multi monitor setup fails to inspire me - as the useable distance so you could take the whole image in would be indistinguishable from a high res projector image - which has no distracting bezels... its also not as much of a performance increase as you'd think either as they are rendering the same FOV - just the workload spread out so it mostly comes down to fillrates - of which the current high end nVidia cards can keep up (as they have typically been twice as fast here as ATI cards).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom