• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
a dissing failure of pure epic proportions...

I thought it was funny, good effect imo not that it takes any effort with kyle, he doesn’t need any assistance to look like a fanboy. Plus all the people I have marked on my ignore list appear to sticking up for him, fanboys tend to stick together on here, strength in numbers I guess.

But enough with teasing the fanboys, why are there no benchmarks for this card yet? Since when do all the review sites respect the NDA?

Associate
yeah you got a problem? that was my experience with ati at that time but of course i'm going to give them another chance sooner or later. when you buy the top cards from both ati and nvidia you can come as well and give us your impressions.

Pot Kettle Black :p

(and a hypocrit too)

Permabanned
I thought it was funny, good effect imo not that it takes any effort with kyle, he doesn’t need any assistance to look like a fanboy. Plus all the people I have marked on my ignore list appear to sticking up for him, fanboys tend to stick together on here, strength in numbers I guess.

But enough with teasing the fanboys, why are there no benchmarks for this card yet? Since when do all the review sites respect the NDA?

How's it hanging ebilcake? ;)

Caporegime
Permabanned
Your a bit deluded really, your the biggest nvidia fanboy i've seen on here in a long long time from the looks of your past 30 posts

either stay neutral or stay out.

To be honest, I think he doesn't care either way, I think he's just trolling to get reactions really.

I've seen him over at other forums with a completely different attitude.

Soldato
Good, thanks. :p

Never stopped results being leaked before in some form or another.

I think most of the places that usually make card reviews only got the cards a couple of days ago (on the 10th), a decent review can take a couple of weeks to put together. I suspect some of the lower-tier sites (vr-zone, chiphell, expreview, maybe tweaktown, etc.) will release benchmarks to get some hits in a couple of days, though.

Permabanned
I think most of the places that usually make card reviews only got the cards a couple of days ago (on the 10th), a decent review can take a couple of weeks to put together. I suspect some of the lower-tier sites (vr-zone, chiphell, expreview, maybe tweaktown, etc.) will release benchmarks to get some hits in a couple of days, though.

Here’s hoping something turns up in a couple of days, starting to get a bit impatient now. :)

Soldato
That multi monitor setup fails to inspire me - as the useable distance so you could take the whole image in would be indistinguishable from a high res projector image - which has no distracting bezels... .

I think you've missed the point a bit. For a non-flightsim gamer 6 monitors is not so good but 3 monitors is perfect to fill your peripheral vision.

Look at this video, and stare at the centre screen: http://www.vimeo.com/2678373 1:45 in - look at how the sense of speed is vastly improved. Your much more immersed in the action. And if he had the real mirrors enabled he'd also be able to see his side mirror.

Do the same for a game of counter strike but this time you can keep an eye out on a much wider range, like you can in real life. It's all about immersion into the game.

Associate
michaelmk86 is a bit of a troll but he's right about kylew, and we all know this.

To think this guy's 26 as well eh? Unless the 86 represents his IQ? I know what I think :p

You're talking about IQ and yet you think someone born in 1986 would be 26 now??
They would be 23 or 22 depending what time of year.

Thats so good I almost feel like putting that in my sig...

I was about to say that but see you already did, theres a little ATI 'fanboy' gang that roam these forums.
Sad really, being a fanboy for any company.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope so. Nv milked us with the 8800 series.

ATI have been very customer friendly with prices and performance, and made Nv drop their very high prices.

Not really - how many people are still running 8800GT's - at their price point, these cards were unbeatable. I still have mine, but dx11 will finally tempt me to upgrade to something else..

Permabanned
To be honest, I think he doesn't care either way, I think he's just trolling to get reactions really.

I've seen him over at other forums with a completely different attitude.

you know whats the funny part? michaelmk(and probably me as well)is getting 5870 crossfire if the early benchmarks are confirmed on the other hand you'll just keep drooling and defending ati for no reason.

Soldato
Not really - how many people are still running 8800GT's - at their price point, these cards were unbeatable. I still have mine, but dx11 will finally tempt me to upgrade to something else..
Same here...Been using my 8800gtx SLI setup for over 2 years (Order Date: 21 Mar, 07) and it still rans all the games i have tryed fine at 1920x1200

Last edited:
Soldato
Im interested to see how those prior mentioned Broadway mobile chips turn out; especially given the low idle power usage predicted from these new chips [well for a high end gaming chip]; could be rather nice for gaming laptops.

I doubt I'll be able to get them, because my M17 is MXM2.1 not MXM3, but if the performance is there, and an MXM2.1 version becomes available, I'd certainly be interested; they might end up a fair chunk faster than the current 4 series desktop cards as well which would be...nice :)

A real shakeup of the mobile market would be appreciated; I mean the current fastest cards are the GTX280Ms (basically an 9800 Desktop card) or the 4850Ms (basically 4830s), if the new broadway chips can remain cool, while running decent clocks without cutting the core to shreds, they'd be very welcome amongst performance laptop owners; especially if they become more widely available than at current, its not like the current penryn architecture core2 mobile chips at decent clocks are going to be massive bottlenecks even without without I7(et al) based mobile cores; laptops age in the GPU department much faster than anywhere else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom