• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ATI Eyefinity technology is something pretty cool that will be available the upcoming Radeon HD 5800 series. It allows you to extend your game view across 3 displays like the Matrox TripleHead2Go except that it gonna be much more powerful. That's over 12 megapixels at 2560 x 1600 resolution for the ultimate gaming experience. It is ideal for flight sim, racing games, role paying games, real-time strategy, first-person shooter and even multimedia apps. So how powerful exactly this card is?

This card sports a 2nd gen TeraScale engine that delivers more than 2 teraFLOPS of processing power. With so much power pack inside, it supports a new anisotropic filtering method too. If one isn't enough, you can get up to 1.8X graphics performance boost by pairing them up. The launch is around the corner and reviews will start popping out by middle of September Stay tuned for more information.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/more-details-about-ati-eyefinity-technology/7518.html?doc=7518

Rumours are that the 5800 series will have the best IQ yet.

Soldato

Now that sounds very interesting, the Matrox TH2GO has a limitation of 3x 1680x1050, SoftTH has the limitation of being a purely software solution so it's never going to be as quick, that looks like they've basically replicated the TH2GO, but with capability of 3x 2560x1600 and all on the card, which also means it should work nicely with crossfire...

Now where did I put that credit card, 2x 5870's coming right up :D :p

Soldato
Anyone have a spare few hundred pounds I can borrow?

This is probably the first time I've been seriously tempted to upgrade from my trusty 2900xt.

Associate
Speculation (flawed a lot of the time) < Hardware news site with track record of reliable information

aye alright pal.

~ Do we know what kind of stock we can expect to see on release yet btw? Not sure so if I should put in the pre-order when OC allow it or wait it out, if availability is low, cant really hold off too long :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Dunno if I could be bothered to upgrade from a 295.

The only thing that would change my mind would be Rage.. nothing else really interests me.

I have the cash.. just a case of seeing how it performs in comparison to what i already have installed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom