Dishonored - Thread

I am really enjoying this game.

But I'm a bit miffed that, from buying it legally, I can only play it today.

But if I downloaded it, I could have played it from Monday.

If they want to stop piracy, they should unify release dates.

I am really enjoying this game.

But I'm a bit miffed that, from buying it legally, I can only play it today.

But if I downloaded it, I could have played it from Monday.

If they want to stop piracy, they should unify release dates.

You could have played it on tuesday if you used a vpn for steam like the rest of us?

That's what happens when you use the cracked version, the bug is with the crack not the game. Go & buy it, it's worth every penny!

I had the same issue, wouldn't save some options, I've got the game from Steam I pre-ordered it a week before it was released and used a VPN to play the game before release in the UK.

Oddly as mentioned by another poster, it does seem to be now working..

That's what happens when you use the cracked version, the bug is with the crack not the game. Go & buy it, it's worth every penny!

Right apparently this is a problem with steam and cloud saving, as in if you go offline and play the game, make changes they don't get saved..

Reason as to why some using a vpn couldn't make changes and save them, as they, as I did turned the vpn off afterwards and played the game offline..

No problem for me now, game is released in the UK and I can cloud save correctly..

for me, anyone who does pirate this game, I hope they can't save ANYTHING : - ) game can be had for just over £20 if you shop around..!! Hardly a lot for a top release of this year...

So yea, we are not all a bunch of pirates hugging the free camel and actually pay where money is due. So off your high horse mate.

None the less, still having the saved settings issue.

xv4jv.jpg

Really does annoy me when people assume that because something is not right due to playing the game early, they must be a pirate. I had a good friend (now out of business) who owned a indy game shop near me. Always gave me games before release to play and review for my own site.

Now, the console forum had a issue with this and always cried, everytime when questioned. I proved my worth with pictures... So pathetic.

Last edited:
I have far to much to get through, normally I pre-order but when I actually get to play the game I ordered they are in sales for half the price I paid. So this time I am just going to play through my list and when I get to this hunt for a bargain.

Yeah I used a VPN once but am to scared to use one again. I really don't want to lose my account just to play a game early or use a key from Russia or w/e. Really not worth the risk, but hey ho I doubt they will ever do anything about it.

What is the best way to get good anti-aliasing in this game without sacrificing image quality (a la FXAA and the blurriness it causes)?

I've seen so many people post so many different things (MSAA, SGSSAA, downsampling, SMAA, injection mods...) on several different forums that I just need a concrete answer as to which is the best one so that when I get home from work tonight I can apply whatever it is I need to and get stuck in the game.

SweetFX with the FXAA or MLAA in the game disabled gave me the best overall look, there is a thread in these forums with the settings you need that gives very good results without any fps loss from what i've seen. Very low performance hit, and the sharpness is much better..

The game has a very water or oil painting look to it, it is actually very good looking, its not meant to be like Crysis or Metro 2033 or the Witcher 2... this is the style they went for, and if you look around you can clearly see some lovely scenes and artwork... the water is amazingly good, the whole game is very nice looking if you look at it in the right way.

It also loads VERY quick, quite surprised with that..

Playing with KB/Mouse is the best method, i've tried both, and for the first time in a while I'll put the gamepad down even though the game supports it and use KB/Mouse. The scroll wheel and number keyboard makes such a difference, the gamepad onscreen wheel is WAY too slow..

Well, yeah, I knew about that and even looked through the thread... Oh well, I guess that's all I've got to go on at the moment without fiddling around with Nvidia Inspector or downsampling options. I just wanted more of a consensus because half the people who posted in that thread can't seem to tell the difference, which is sort of why I asked very generally "What is the best AA method I can use?"

Anyway, thanks for the advice chaps.

Back
Top Bottom