Divinity: Original Sin 2

Soldato
Good idea on waiting but if you find it in a sale now pick it up and have big download done ready for the free enhanced update. I am a backer and haven't had time to play it yet so I'm waiting till I finish Witcher 3 which the enhanced version will be out easily by then.

Soldato
Same here. Think it took 3 attempts whereas the 3 or 4 hours before that was a cakewalk! I'm intrigued as to how the final act is going to be changed. Looking forward to playing it again!

There are a few different ways to approach it, I recall, with some meaning you have different allies/targets. I didn't find the final fight very hard for my chosen ending, but reading about it afterwards there were some options that would have seen me needing to take on more enemies at once.

When is the enhanced edition due? Am I just better of waiting for that?

Seems like it's due in August. Guess I might as well wait then.

I'm intrigued as to what this will change, but given my playthrough took around 100 hours I doubt I'll be revisiting it! :)

Soldato
I'll probably revisit Original Sin 2 when the revised Arx gets done with the Enhanced Edition, I ended up stopping at that point in my current save.

I wonder if we will be able to import saves into the enhanced edition... I'd like to import a save before Arx in all honesty.

Soldato
Enhanced edition has been out for over a week anyone revisiting this game. I was a backer but waited for the enhanced version so it's been a bit of a wait.
Played for about 2 hours really enjoying the freedom compared to other games. Decided to play explorer mode as I rather enjoy the story and have a bit of a challenge. Tried classic mode and it was a bit too difficult and I didn't really want that from this adventure.

Soldato
Good chance to give the enhanced ago, your save won't be compatible though so will mean a fresh start but worth it.

No I meant I started the Enhanced Edition just after it came out last week... I completed it when the game came out.

For me, it went in to best game ever made territory. Im eager to get to the last act again to see how much they have improved it, as it was the only bit that slightly disappointed in the original version, but apparently that have almost completely rewritten parts of it.

Shame they won't do any dlc for it. It could really do with a decent expansion... Also a shame modding never really took off as well.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Started this as a coop playthrough again with three mates on tactician difficulty. Having a good laugh again, when we can organise and actually all get online at the same time!

Still think it's a little bit of a shame how much physical attacks are superior by miles in the early-game areas.

Soldato
Decided to do a lone wolf as my reroll. Got fane fane as a thief not sure who to have with him, maybe that mercenary with a crossbow. Anyone else done lone wolf playthroughs?

Soldato
Lone wolf isn't for me. I'm sure it is fun, and very challenging, but the companion's storylines are tightly woven in to the main story, and progress so frequently that I wouldn't want to miss anything by not taking a full party everywhere tbh.

My first playthrough was with Fane. It was great. He is the hardest origin character to play as an undead, as you can only heal using poison, and you are limited with armour. I think undead is the most interesting race to play by a mile.

Associate
Not at all. It is set about a thousand years after it

And Bakes- no you can set companions to whatever class you want, you won't gimp them.

I assume it doesn't really matter if you haven't played the first game?

I've been meaning to give this a go for a while but thought I should play the original first.

Soldato
Lone wolf isn't for me. I'm sure it is fun, and very challenging, but the companion's storylines are tightly woven in to the main story, and progress so frequently that I wouldn't want to miss anything by not taking a full party everywhere tbh.

My first playthrough was with Fane. It was great. He is the hardest origin character to play as an undead, as you can only heal using poison, and you are limited with armour. I think undead is the most interesting race to play by a mile.
Apparently lone wolf is easier with right build. I've gone with a summoner to assist me. Going to see how it goes but so far on classic mode it ain't as hard as it was when I tried on release but then there has been countless updates plus the definitive version.

Soldato
I assume it doesn't really matter if you haven't played the first game?

I've been meaning to give this a go for a while but thought I should play the original first.
You don't have to play the first game at all(though you should. It is excellent!). There is only one returning character who doesn't play a big part. As I said, is set like a thousand years after the first game.

It plays pretty much identically to the first game but other than that there is no connection bar being set in the same universe.

Soldato
Played some more today my rogue fane and summoner lohse on lone wolf on classic mode. I'm level 4 and I'm not having too much trouble ATM. I have had to restart a few fights quite a few times but then I see a strategy and works out with me backstabbing and teleporting and putting down totems.
This playthroughs is playing out in a different way to my first attempt, it's just got so much replayability and so many ways to be clever using your surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom