• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
AKA modern games are so pants we've gone back and made a classic look sexy for the second time.

Nvidia promoting it but it's not them working on it, just a small group of half life fans working to bring path tracing to half life 2. Apparently they are letting other users contribute as well or make changes after it's released so perhaps open source

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it that comments like this always come off butthurt?

I think Half Life 2 will look great and will be a great reason to replay it again. The one I really want however is Deus Ex.

I don't think it's butthurt I think it comes from a place of being fed up. Most of the games we've gotten over the last few years have been half finished bug ridden messes with forgetable stories and characters riddled with micro transactions.

I'm very much looking forward to this mod though.

Associate
It's interesting timing from Nvidia from Nvidia

I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to keep this feature for DLSS 4 to launch with RTX5000, but then decided to launch it early because AMD is about to launch FSR3, Nvidia is petty like that and want you thinking about their tech rather than AMD, it's all about that mindshare
Isn’t that what marketing is all about?

And to be fair, Nvidia are leaps and bounds ahead of AMD with AI/ML.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think it's butthurt I think it comes from a place of being fed up. Most of the games we've gotten over the last few years have been half finished bug ridden messes with forgetable stories and characters riddled with micro transactions.

I'm very much looking forward to this mod though.

Trust me, for some it's butthurt :p

Tbf the person I replied may have just been fed up as you say.

I actually would love to see more classic old games redone with rtx remix.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It'll be more than enough for Starfield, No RT effects and if you fancy shelling out 5 quid for the mod you can get the DLSS2 mod from PureDark on launch day.

It will all depend on how good or **** AMD's FSR effort is. Really hope they get it right. They have to really, otherwise I will just consider them a lost cause.

Soldato
It'll be more than enough for Starfield, No RT effects and if you fancy shelling out 5 quid for the mod you can get the DLSS2 mod from PureDark on launch day.

Gonna wait for others to test this out first before i jump on it, if the DLSS implementation is good its gonna be worth a fiver surely.

Soldato
Immortals of Aveum as the first unreal engine 5.1 and makes full use of Lumen and Nanite runs like sheeeet

7800x3d and rtx4090

Game settings: 3840x2160 resolution (Upscaled from 1920x1080 via DLSS Performance Mode), max graphics settings

Performance: 60fps average, with 1% lows of under 30fps

May lord have mercy on PCs if this is an indication of a typical Unreal Engine 5 game using Lumen and Nanite. Having to upscale from ultra low resolutions just to get 60fps on the fastest GPUs money can buy
7900xtx v 4090 in this game. They both perform the same at 4k Ultra no FSR/DLSS. The 7900xtx gives out smoother game play so i think Nvidia need to do some work on there driver here. Performance also looks to be playable without FSR 2.0 or DLSS. AMD seem to do pretty well on Unreal Engine 5 unlike 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HpgXi8BB8

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Gonna wait for others to test this out first before i jump on it, if the DLSS implementation is good its gonna be worth a fiver surely.

If it is a one time payment then sure maybe. But if you need to stay subbed to his patreon for it to work as someone suggested then it would end up costing £10-£15 for 2-3 months.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
7900xtx v 4090 in this game. They both poerform the same at 4k Ultra no FSR 2.0. The 7900xtx gives out smoother game play so i think Nvidia need to do some work on there driver here.

Meh. No rush for that game anyway. Might play it next year when on £3.99 a month ea play service. Should be fixed by then :cry:

Starfield is where it's at! ;)

Associate
Meh. No rush for that game anyway. Might play it next year when on £3.99 a month ea play service. Should be fixed by then :cry:

It does look that way. The enemies look terrible - they have like 1 move each so you can imagine they put 99% of the dev effort into putting as much rubbish on the screen as possible.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato

Yea it's not gonna be a game for me either but as Graphic's related news is pretty slow these days thought i would have a look at reviews and performance. It would seem to be a half decent game, a love or hate it type going from reviews. I do like the Graphics menu that gives you a budget for your system. I prefer my RPG's to be more melee based than shooter. I am going to give Starfield a go as i will get it on game pass. Will be my first Bethesda game since Skyrim. Will be playing it on Series X though as the woman likes to watch me play RPG's on the TV.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it is a one time payment then sure maybe. But if you need to stay subbed to his patreon for it to work as someone suggested then it would end up costing £10-£15 for 2-3 months.

There are a lot of people on reddit and even PureDarks own Discord simply making stuff up about all of this. PureDark clarified that once you pay the mod is yours, You only need to pay again if you want to regain access to the download section for new mods.

Last edited:
Soldato

Surely it would only need to be a one time payment to have access to the mod files. Subsuquent subcription would only give you access to updated mod files but the ones you initially downloaded would still work. That's how i would perceive it anyway.

Soldato
7900xtx v 4090 in this game. They both perform the same at 4k Ultra no FSR/DLSS. The 7900xtx gives out smoother game play so i think Nvidia need to do some work on there driver here. Performance also looks to be playable without FSR 2.0 or DLSS. AMD seem to do pretty well on Unreal Engine 5 unlike 4.

Does look quite abit smoother on the AMD card, frame time looks messy on the nvidia card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom