• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Caporegime
OP
Hopefully Nvidia keeps updating it making it better and better as we’ve seen they do until now.

No doubt they will keep improving it (especially for lower presets) and probably a lot more dlss like features to come yet, nvidia are miles ahead in the AI industry currently.

When I played Crysis 3 Remastered, DLSS2 made a hell of a difference in aliasing and pixel crawling while also increasing FPS. While FSR2+ is good I did not see the same level of quality when it came to aliasing/pixel crawling being reduced in the games I tested.

Yeah fsr 2 pales in comparison when it comes to temporal stability, I suspect this is largely down to developers not putting the effort in to get good results (since dlss is more plug in and play than fsr, which is why fsr is so hit and miss a lot of the time) and also because amd tend to oversharpen with their methods, which just enhances image artifacting even more.

Soldato
Soldato

Red Dead Redemption 2 Mod adds support for DLSS Ultra Quality & DLAA.​

Can't wait to play Diablo 4 at 2000fps

With a 4090 at max settings and native 8K you can get around 50-60FPS average... I imagine that'll shoot up substantially at 4K with DLSS set to Quality and Frame Generation enabled.

Last edited:
Associate

Red Dead Redemption 2 Mod adds support for DLSS Ultra Quality & DLAA​

With a 4090 at max settings and native 8K you can get around 50-60FPS average... I imagine that'll shoot up substantially at 4K with DLSS set to Quality and Frame Generation enabled.
frame generation with dlss 2?

Soldato
frame generation with dlss 2?

If you mean in the D4 open beta then FG isn't enabled yet as it's shipping with the final release of the game.

If you mean in general then unless the game forbids it for some odd reason you can set DLSS, or as it's now known "super resolution" from Quality all the way to Ultra Performance while also having FG enabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
well i didnt mention d4 at all i was on about you saying FG in rdr2 with dlss 2 when afaik its 3 that has fg and rdr2 doesnt have that anyway. unless things changed since i last looked

You directly quoted me answering Grim5 who was talking of D4..... :p

As for RDR2, frame generation is not in the game and I don't see Rockstar ever putting it in.

Last edited:
Soldato
DLSS2 added to Resident Evil 4 Remake through a mod -

How to install NVIDIA DLSS Mod for Resident Evil 4 Remake:
1. Download the REFramework (Upscaler Beta) archive: https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil42023/mods/12?tab=files
2. Download the UpscalerBasePlugin archive: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/502?tab=files
3. Download the nvngx_dlss.dll file: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
4. Extract all files from the archives in the Resident Evil 4 directory next to the main re4.exe file.
5. Launch the game, the REFramework window should appear, head to the Temporal Upscaler option and choose DLSS.
6. Play the game with DLSS (make sure you have disabled FSR 1.0/2.1 in your settings to avoid conflicts).

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
DLSS2 added to Resident Evil 4 Remake through a mod -

Dat FSR 2.1 implementation...

image.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Is Res Evil 4 FSR2.1? In past games, when 2.1 is featured, the settings screen specifically says FSR 2.1, whereas if it's 2.0 it just says 2. 2 vs 2.1 is a sizeable difference.

FSR 3 is sounding like it could be a game changer, and if they reach the goal of implementing it well, then all GPUs should get twice the performance of FSR2.x, meaning no need to buy an RTX 40 series :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
FSR 3 is sounding like it could be a game changer, and if they reach the goal of implementing it well, then all GPUs should get twice the performance of FSR2.x, meaning no need to buy an RTX 40 series :p

Sadly if anything like FSR 1 and FSR 2 though, the quality won't be there not to mention, the slow uptake :(

Back
Top Bottom