• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
Not sure if this has been posted yet but there's a new DLSS2 dll 3.1.11

AMD need it tbh, with the great strides that Nvidia have been making with DLSS they're leaving them behind.

I'm interested to see how they implement their version of AI generated frames. I hope it's decent as the more competition we have the better for the end user.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm interested to see how enable implement their version of AI generated frames. I hope it's decent as the more competition have the better for the end user.
Read that it's going to take them a while to do it, am guessing they don't want to release it in a worst state than the current DLSS version and that keeps improving...

Soldato
I heard that about FSR. I also heard that about FSR2. Every AMD technology is a "game changer" and "Nvidia killer" and yet here we are, claiming the next one will be the real game changer. So naturally I'm super hesitant

It's totes gonna to be the next one... just you wait and see..... I'm super serial !!!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If it helps fuel competition then it's nothing to be hesitant about. FSR 2.1 is actually decent (depending on the game) - Callisto Protocol for example it works great.

FWIW I am an Nvidia gamer, and anything that improves fps without sacrificing quality is a big plus, especially if a given game only supports FSR with no way to mod in DLSS. I'd rather not give near £1000 to Nvidia again on a new GPU, AMD's cards just don't cut it as an overall package for my needs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If it helps fuel competition then it's nothing to be hesitant about. FSR 2.1 is actually decent (depending on the game) - Callisto Protocol for example it works great.

FWIW I am an Nvidia gamer, and anything that improves fps without sacrificing quality is a big plus, especially if a given game only supports FSR with no way to mod in DLSS. I'd rather not give near £1000 to Nvidia again on a new GPU, AMD's cards just don't cut it as an overall package for my needs.

Pretty much, that's the only good thing about amd and their solutions, it keeps nvidia innovating and pushing forward, no doubt it would be the same if the situation was reversed.

Reactions: mrk
Soldato
The game "Boundary" which you can find a ray tracing benchmark of on Steam, Is removing DLSS in favour of FSR and XeSS aswell as removing ray tracing the latter of which may make it back into the game at a later date... the dev studio apparently has a partnership with AMD hence removing DLSS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The game "Boundary" which you can find a ray tracing benchmark of on Steam, Is removing DLSS in favour of FSR and XeSS aswell as removing ray tracing the latter of which may make it back into the game at a later date... the dev studio apparently has a partnership with AMD hence removing DLSS.

AMD gotta show that 9% marketshare that they're still relevant eh ;) :p :D

Caporegime
OP

Speaking of overall image quality, there are also a few important issues of note. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 | Warzone 2.0 is a fast paced first person shooter, so when using any temporal upscaling solutions, the temporal stability of the image is key to enjoyable gameplay. When using DLSS, the image was stable in motion in Quality modes, the level of detail rendered in vegetation and tree leaves is improved in comparison to the in-game Filmic SMAA T2X solution, and small details in the distance, such as wires or thin steel objects, are rendered more correctly and completely, and the DLSS implementation greatly reduces the shimmering issues, which are clearly visible on the in-game Filmic SMAA T2X solution. The FSR 2.1 implementation comes with noticeable compromises in image quality—in favor of performance in most sequences of the game. We spotted excessive shimmering and flickering on vegetation, tree leaves and thin steel objects; they are shimmering even when standing still and it is visible even at 4K FSR 2.1 Quality mode, which might be quite distracting for some people, and when going down from FSR 2.1 Quality mode to Balanced or Performance mode, the whole image will start to shimmer even more. Only the DLAA solution will completely eliminate any of the shimmering issues in this game. Also, the FSR 2.1 implementation has some weird ghosting and smearing on shadows in motion, mainly on characters shadows, and it is especially visible when moving through the grassy areas of the map.

Speaking of performance, compared to DLSS, FSR 2.1 has slightly smaller performance gains across all resolutions, while also producing more image quality issues compared to other available temporal upscaling techniques. Overall, the FSR 2.1 performance uplift at 4K is a great improvement to the game for non-RTX owners, you can expect around 30% more performance in "Quality" mode, with all graphics settings maxed out. Going down to 1440p and 1080p resolution, the FSR 2.1 performance increase is also impressive, as it will boost performance by around 30% in "Quality" mode.

It's totes gonna to be the next one... just you wait and see..... I'm super serial !!!

Just on this point, it makes me laugh how when FSR 2 was first shown in deathloop and no ghosting (well it did, it was just very minor), this was a huge win supposedly but pretty much every game since then has some ghosting with fsr and often worse than dlss :p DLSS is pretty ghost free now unless pixel peeping, slowing down footage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom