• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

It's my biggest fear about OLED. Week days are fine but at the weekend after a skin full I might just leave a game on sat at the menu or paused. Might be a more expensive night than anticipated. To be honest my g7 does the business for now but next upgrade probably will be OLED. Wrecked on the first weekend hahaha.
3 year warranty :D

Smoothness to 100%. Surely that's a joke. Let's set smoothness to 0 for 100% stutter for the best image. Hard to argue with Mrk though his images for Dlss/Rt in Cyberpunk all look on point. Nvidia should get him paid.

Huh? You do know mrk is rollo's alt account right?

:p

What kind of drugs you think am on to believe that hahaha. His images are that good I might even spend 200 more if the vram is right.

You are on some kind for sure :p

Life is short dude. No point sticking to one brand or the other. Get yourself a 5070/5080 :D

Need to grow out of the supporting the underdog business. Bloody company is huge now. If they want your money they need to earn it. Their CPU department do this just fine.

Smoothness to 100%. Surely that's a joke. Let's set smoothness to 0 for 100% stutter for the best image. Hard to argue with Mrk though his images for Dlss/Rt in Cyberpunk all look on point. Nvidia should get him paid.

Smoothness is the sharpness setting/filter that gets applied when using DSR/DLDSR i.e. how smooth objects edges.

The default setting of 33% is a high sharpness, with 0% being the strongest and 100% being off (although not fully off as there is still some sharpening happening). Some like sharpening and think they are getting extra detail with this but they aren't, also, over sharpening can increase how noticeable artifacts are which is one reason why FSR looks awful as it is increasing the visual artifacts like fizzling even further, same happened with dlss when nvidia enabled sharpening to be on but thankfully they removed this.

You are on some kind for sure :p

Life is short dude. No point sticking to one brand or the other. Get yourself a 5070/5080 :D

Need to grow out of the supporting the underdog business. Bloody company is huge now. If they want your money they need to earn it. Their CPU department do this just fine.
I just support my wallet. I am happy with the deal i managed to get in a very bad climate. Like i say everything i play on the 7900xt runs close to 200fps or about and it's all competitive online. I probably would consider Nvidia if i was playing RT games and needing the extra image quality with the added fps that dlss can provide.£650 for a 7900xt is still decent a year later.

Reactions: TNA
Smoothness is the sharpness setting/filter that gets applied when using DSR/DLDSR i.e. how smooth objects edges.

The default setting of 33% is a high sharpness, with 0% being the strongest and 100% being off (although not fully off as there is still some sharpening happening). Some like sharpening and think they are getting extra detail with this but they aren't, also, over sharpening can increase how noticeable artifacts are which is one reason why FSR looks awful as it is increasing the visual artifacts like fizzling even further, same happened with dlss when nvidia enabled sharpening to be on but thankfully they removed this.
Makes more sense now.

Interestingly, I wanted to laugh about with some 8K gaming with DLDSR but it seems on a 4K monitor the DLDSR option is basically not available lol. Guess DLDSR max res is 2160 high.

Does the 4080 have the VRAM for that :p
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Games like Horizon are rather weird, DLAA at 4K is like 100fps, whereas DLSS Quality is 120fps, DLSS Performance? 127fps... Makes sense :D

It's a good thing that all of them look identical though in motion, so just use Performance/Quality or whatever as at a pixel level, DLSS is sharper than DLAA here.

@Nexus18 in Doom Eternal even with DLSS 3.7 and Preset E, DLSS Quality seems to show more issues than native as I mentioned before. It's likely due to the age of the engine and being in Vulkan.

1: Reflections off the gun barrel for example are lower fidelity using DLSS Quality
2: There is slightly more jaggedness using DLSS Quality than native

Other than that there's very little resolving difference between native and DLSS Quality in this game

IMGsli:

DLSS Quality:
eI7fnNk.gif

Native 4K:
ym2pBtx.gif

Ignore the black level in the shadows in the top one, that was just Photoshop's export.

@Nexus18 in Doom Eternal even with DLSS 3.7 and Preset E, DLSS Quality seems to show more issues than native as I mentioned before. It's likely due to the age of the engine and being in Vulkan.

1: Reflections off the gun barrel for example are lower fidelity using DLSS Quality

Other than that there's very little resolving difference between native and DLSS Quality in this game

IMGsli:
Can you try that scene with DLSS perf? I didn't seem to get the same sort of FPS boost in Doom Eternal as in other titles.

IMGsli:

DLSS Quality:
eI7fnNk.gif

Native 4K:
ym2pBtx.gif

Ignore the black level in the shadows in the top one, that was just Photoshop's export.

They maybe have patched/improved it then as dlss was noticeably better imo 2-3 years ago. Have you got to the church level yet? There is also foilage on that map which would be a good test.

Back
Top Bottom