Doctor Who

Soldato
I didn't know it had started, hard to keep up with things from the other side of the globe :D
Still, after watching, thought it was an ok start to the season. Wasn't blown away, but it certainly wasn't rubbish.
Unsure how I feel about Kris Marshall tho :confused:
Gonna miss grumpy ole Capaldi :(

EDIT... and yeah, star eyed girl was all kinds of lovely !

Last edited:
Soldato
Just seen that Pearl Mackie has been getting some stick from Whovian's (can't stand that word), after she said the TARDIS is powered by space engine oil, when asked on The One Show.

She's an actress who was cast to play a part, that may or may not require her to learn specific knowledge about Doctor Who's universe. She's never watched it before and fans are up in arms because she didn't know? LOL. Some people are way too dedicated.

Soldato
I think the lack of comments is a combination of what many people think of the show now; not much, and; because of catch up TV, many don't bother to watch it live and will watch it at some point.

Anyway; Kris Marshall has been announced as Capaldi's replacement..

Completely absurd, you have to question how someone so abject and talentless gets cast in a prime time role like this.

Associate
It is, but as much as I dislike the Sun not two weeks ago they got it spot on about Jon Simm returning an guess where all the stories on this started? So while I'm not taking it as a given I can't really instantly dismiss it either.

True or not he's a terrible pick though imo.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I think I would class last night episode as inoffensive.

New companion wasn’t as bad the as the trailer suggested, not really sure what the story was about, Capaldi's continues to be under used so business as usual. A bit of a mystery with the Vault but overall no real energy or urgency was generated it just kind of milled along.

Soldato
I very much enjoyed the episode.
A little of the writing was good.
The main backbone to the story existed, and wasn't trash, leading to the 'imagine if you'd your mind wiped moment.....'
Great.

New companion was just a bit of fun. Great.
Was that a picture of Peri Brown on the desk?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thought it was a decent episode if you compare it to recent series. The new companion is fine as well. I really didn't like what I saw in the trailer but she is much better in the actual episode.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I enjoyed it, a very fine opener and I really like the new assistant good casting.

Capaldi just seems to get better and better in the roll,

Back
Top Bottom