Doctor Who

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Hopefully they take points from WW, no mans land etc could have so easily been a cheesy one liner regarding I'm no man.

I do wonder if we won't get a sidekick for the first series, not sure how it'd work having a young male as the companion with how past companions have worked unless we're now on box ticking and he just happens to be a gay man.

I'm actually hoping it will be a kind of Captain Jack type but not Omnisexual! :)

Commissario
There have been male companions for the doctor on and off since the start*, so I can't see why there would be any problem with the new doctor having a female companion.

*The three companions in the very first series were two women and a man.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Dear Lord

Thankyou for this thread, after countless years of having Xmen, Batman and superheros been thrown at us left right and centre rammed down our throts in the name of cool, this thread has resurrected what we knew all along.

NERDS WILL BE NERDS.

NERDS.

p.s

This will probably get me yet another 1 week ban for something about being unkind to nerds.

p.p.s

Game of thrones is normal TV and henceforth is above all NERDISMS.

Man of Honour
Dear Lord

Thankyou for this thread, after countless years of having Xmen, Batman and superheros been thrown at us left right and centre rammed down our throts in the name of cool, this thread has resurrected what we knew all along.

NERDS WILL BE NERDS.

NERDS.

p.s

This will probably get me yet another 1 week ban for something about being unkind to nerds.

p.p.s

Game of thrones is normal TV and henceforth is above all NERDISMS.

Heheh, on a forum, of a website, dedicated to computer hardware and specifically named after people who tweak every tiny piece of their computer hardware in the aim of getting absolutely optimum performance. I'd say its safe to say we're all nerds :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Heheh, on a forum, of a website, dedicated to computer hardware and specifically named after people who tweak every tiny piece of their computer hardware in the aim of getting absolutely optimum performance. I'd say its safe to say we're all nerds

No this is way way more nerdy. Besides I use the home and garden thread way more than the nerdy it stuff, what's all that about anyway :)

Caporegime
I was thinking more about how they might approach a female doctor. Hopefully, it won't be the full feminism stuff every five minutes. Instead, they might play on the whole "this is a new body" angle where the doctor isn't used to the female form. Kinda make a joke about her basically still behaving like a male and having to be taught how to be a woman by a female sidekick or something like that. Might be fun approach.

What they will have to broach, and carefully because it could otherwise get very boring quickly, is misogyny.

Outside of a few societies "people" will behave very differently to a younger woman telling them what to do, over a middle aged man. Hopefully when it is brought up she can be great with the short, sharp comeback.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
There have been quite a few occasions over the years where the Female assistant has been the one to save the day/Doctor, I assume this trend will continue even if the Assistant is male.

Back
Top Bottom