Doctor Who

Caporegime
Believe me, I'd rather be talking about the great storylines etc. But guess what, it's poorly written and the ideological stuff is shoved in there to do exactly what it's doing, divide people.
That’s fine but why continue posting in this thread when you’ve come to that conclusion already?

There’s so much media to consume these days it’s harder to pick something to watch with the choices we have so I can’t get my head around wasting time on something you don’t enjoy.

Soldato
That’s fine but why continue posting in this thread when you’ve come to that conclusion already?

There’s so much media to consume these days it’s harder to pick something to watch with the choices we have so I can’t get my head around wasting time on something you don’t enjoy.
This should be true, but unfortunately nearly all media has this stuff in it now :(

It's refreshing when you actually find something you can just watch and enjoy without being preached to.

There are so many IP's I have loved growing up that have been repurposed for shoving an agenda down my throat. I guess that's why I keep posting.

Caporegime
That I don’t agree with. If it was 30/40 years ago and we still only had 3, 4 or 5 terrestrial channels I might agree but there are literally thousands and thousands of programs available to watch at any one time these days.

Yeah, a lot programs we all loved when we were younger will have changed for better or for worse but no one forces us to watch them if we don’t like them.

Associate
Honestly don’t know why half of the threads in this sub forum remain open. People wanting to discuss the show end up spending more time defending their opinion against people who hate it rather than discussing episodes. It’s embarrassing.

Then discuss the show. No-one is stopping you.

Away you go.

Soldato
There has always been a subset of society that complains when they see people different to them in things. Some people just want to claim they're absolutely fine with "all of that" as long as it isn't actually seen by them.

I think you're missing the point, its when it's constantly rammed down people's throats at the cost of the actual storyline and character growth, and then when shows/films don't do well, its blamed on toxic masculinity or racism or whatever that people have an issue with, yes there are racists around, but not everyone that's moaning about woke BS, is racist...

Soldato
I've already put a load of people on ignore as they bring nothing to the thread of any relevance to the show or discussing it.

They are just hell bent on focusing their time on oh no its woke. Oh dear as a straight white male I'm feeling hurt and insecure because there are other types of people out there and its not all about people like me anymore.

Where as there are others who still watch and enjoy the show and can watch and story focus on the characters and story without even thinking about the person's of colour or disability or if someone is gay or a drag queen. As I am comfortable with those existing and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I bet back in the 60s when Trek had a black female in the main cast that the southern states in the US were totally freaking out about it and their heads probably exploded when her and Kirk kissed.

It's embarrassing that humanity seems to be regressing back to those ways. I recently saw a post elsewhere about eurovison and comments on it were shocking. It's full of freaks and weirdos, I wouldn't let my kids watch semi naked men wroth around on stage. It's X rated, corrupting innocent minds. Some people really are insecure.

But all it takes is a press of a remote and they don't need to watch it!

The doctor said it best. Humans are stupid.

Associate
Another one totally misses the point, or doesn't want to see it.

Yes, making ridiculous straw men and totally ignoring any criticism however valid it may be because their fanboi fee-fees are hurt. And the reason why they always want to shut people up is because deep-down they know we're right and reading those criticisms brings reality bubbling to the surface - ie Doctor Who is trash now.

They know this woke brainwashing has gone way to far in the show, that everything else has been lost in the name of DEI, and that forcing an ideology down people's throats is all that matters to those who run Doctor Who.

But it's too painful to accept.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, making ridiculous straw men and totally ignoring any criticism however valid it may be because their fanboi fee-fees are hurt. And the reason why they always want to shut people up is because deep-down they know we're right and reading those criticisms brings reality bubbling to the surface - ie Doctor Who is trash now.

They know this woke brainwashing has gone way to far in the show, that everything else has been lost in the name of DEI, and that forcing an ideology down people's throats is all that matters to those who run Doctor Who.

I'd have had no issue with the doctor being black, as at the end of the day he's a guy who regenerates and changes his appearance. But his sexuality change is just ridiculous. The show has never mentioned his sexuality, it's never been about that. But of course it's totally about that now.

Soldato

Nothing is painful at all me and millions of others still watch and enjoy the show.

Diversity and inclusion doesn't bother me. I don't need to cry over hardly any straight white males in a TV show.

If anything statements like yours show why TV has gotten so inclusive and to let people know that it's OK to be yourself and not everyone is the same as you.

Associate
Nothing is painful at all me and millions of others still watch and enjoy the show.

Diversity and inclusion doesn't bother me. I don't need to cry over hardly any straight white males in a TV show.

If anything statements like yours show why TV has gotten so inclusive and to let people know that it's OK to be yourself and not everyone is the same as you.

Then why are ratings so bad and falling?

You say millions, but it's likely to be less than 2 million next week and therefore you and a million others...

:cry:

Soldato
Ratings fell over the years as other ways to view TV and other options for it became more popular.

Same could easily be said for Eastenders, Coronation St and Emmerdale regularly got 15+ million viewers per episode abd now they get 3-4 million. TV viewership is down. Its not only Who that it happened with.

Associate
Ratings fell over the years as other ways to view TV and other options for it became more popular.

Same could easily be said for Eastenders, Coronation St and Emmerdale regularly got 15+ million viewers per episode abd now they get 3-4 million. TV viewership is down. Its not only Who that it happened with.

Doctor has been Who plummeting like a stone, series after series, and from episode after episode, that's not a long term trend, that's a very sharp downturn in viewership over a releatively short period(s) of time.

A completely different form of decline from the shows you mentioned...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Or more specifically you can see where the showrunner changed and the writing wasn't as good. Nothing to do with wokeness unless you're going to try and claim the 6th doctor was woke because the ratings are lower.

Back
Top Bottom