Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
This is how it’s always been, the outreach has just changed. In the past it was the village nonce who was ostracised for his behaviour. When you have a global outreach of millions, the village gets a lot bigger……
Who decides the village nonce is the nonce though? The "nonce," shouldn't be ostracised without due process.

Soldato
No he didn't, I've not seen any evidence this ever made it to court. Can you provide proof? One mustn't throw accusations around as you've just said?

Where are you hearing it was seen before a judge in court?
Give me a sec to dig out the court documents from my drawer so I can provide them to Stumble Bum :rolleyes:

Soldato
Give me a sec to dig out the court documents from my drawer so I can provide them to Stumble Bum :rolleyes:
i thinkt the argument is Court (legal)is differant to a settlement (which is most likely lawyer to lawyer). its not the same thing which people get confused about. a settlement can go to court if a resolution can not be agreed upon.
thats my interpretation.

lawysers may well have seen any messages as part of a risk assessment and how much damage it would create thought, and advised on the content and if its actionable in a court of law if thats the angle they were looking to go down at the time. all depends on a lot of factors and the conent and context.

im not a legal expert or anything so my interpretation(s) my be wrong. those better informed could advise on process and likely procedings.

Soldato
I find it quite strange that the age of consent varies so much from one country to another. For instance, it's 16 in the UK, 11 in Nigeria, and goes up to 21 in Bahrain. Meanwhile, it's 14 in both Austria and Germany. This makes it challenging to label someone as a predator if the girl involved was 17, as has been reported.

Soldato

So you made it up then, bit rich of you to tell people not to throw accusations around and yet here you are making something up that you have zero evidence ever happened. then instead of admitting you made a mistake you ignore my question. Bit embarrassing really, just show a bit more humility if you get caught making something up.

Soldato
As agreed with that poster afterwards, it’s not the same type of thing at all.

One is a bit of fun with a meme, the other is people speculating and using words like nonce etc and being consumed by this story for days/weeks on end.

If you don't like people spending time posting discussions in a discussion forum then feel free to leave the thread. You don't get to preach to others how much they can post about certain topics.

Caporegime
If you don't like people spending time posting discussions in a discussion forum then feel free to leave the thread. You don't get to preach to others how much they can post about certain topics.

That sounds like a failure of reading comprehension on your part, because you assumed I was doing that when I wasn't.

I said nothing about not liking it or how often people should post.

My initial comment about it was a general one about how much the situation is being milked in online spaces and how some adults are being consumed by it.

It appears you’re the one trying to preach to people by telling them to leave threads :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
That sounds like a failure of reading comprehension on your part, because you assumed I was doing that when I wasn't.

I said nothing about not liking it or how often people should post.

My initial comment about it was a general one about how much the situation is being milked in online spaces and how some adults are being consumed by it.

You're the one having ago for people being 'consumed by this story' and ' it's just weird to be so drawn into it.' to be honest it's none of your business how vested someone is in this, especially to come into discussion forums on the very topic and state that. Anyway you're taking this way off topic so I'll leave it there.

Caporegime
You're the one having ago for people being 'consumed by this story' and ' it's just weird to be so drawn into it.' to be honest it's none of your business how vested someone is in this, especially to come into discussion forums on the very topic and state that. Anyway you're taking this way off topic so I'll leave it there.

I think you’ll find it’s you who took it off topic by failing to read my posts and then trying to get a sly dig in with your initial reply to Noxia, when he’d actually agreed afterward it wasn’t the same thing.

It’s also none of peoples business to be speculating to the level they are on this when they know nothing, but here we are with words like nonce etc being thrown around.

Soldato
If the Police are now involved then I'd say thats the best thing for everyone involved as it all becomes public, rather than anonymous workers passing messages about. Either way, even he's found absolutely 100% innocent and in the clear, its tarnished his "brand" so much I can't see him being able to hold onto viewers and/or sponsors through this which, again if he's innocent, is a massive loss to his family.

If, on the other hand, he's actually guilty of these things then, to quote the great Bill Paxton - "Game Over Man, Game Over!"

Associate
If this results in any criminal conviction, surely this is the end of Twitch as a platform?

Would this go down as perverting course of justice? aiding and abetting?

Soldato
It’s also none of peoples business to be speculating to the level they are on this when they know nothing,
i agree with this at least

If this results in any criminal conviction, surely this is the end of Twitch as a platform?

Would this go down as perverting course of justice? aiding and abetting?
a big company? go donw? the company no, the management & the people going to jail yes.
a few years to recover, a few PR outlets to show improvements. buzz words like we use "AI to screen all message content for predator messages and flag it for human review" yada yada yadd

Last edited:
Associate
a big company? go donw? the company no, the management & the people going to jail yes.
Could certainly be legally awkward and probably result in some hefty fines and certain staff members being thrown under the bus
Would they maintain their dominant position in that market?
I dont think so, think it'll be the start of their downfall. What goes for Doc, has to go for them too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom