Driveclub more details

Soldato
I have to say i do agree with the lowering of the score.

This weekend ive been having a great time on the game easily justifying its original 7.5 but thats because this weekend is the first time ive been able to get consistently online and enjoy leveling my club.

Before that, since launch ive not been able to get online at all which resulted in me rating the game 2 out of 5 on PSN.

Had this game been marketed as a single player experience without the online aspect it would have been a perfectly acceptable offline racer, the main problem they had was that the feature of being a social racer was completely ruined by the initial experiences for a large amount of players.

This isnt new ofc look at games like BF4 or Simcity to see how they can be damaged by early server problems.

I actually like the fact that polygon went back and adjusted their score. Its a practice which a lot of review sites could learn from. Even people like Totalbiscuit have mentioned in videos that retrospectively going back to review games after longer play throughs, after major updates etc adds a lot of value to that initial score.

Regardless i agree with others that this thread much like others is just a source of constant bickering and just makes me sigh anytime i come back and have to scan through a few pages of rubbish.

Soldato
Just had a very close win over the Ariel Atom...

10672288_806987662697441_414507259165593718_n.jpg

Soldato
Does anyone else notice bad fps during online races?

The dev banged on about a constant 30fps but did they clarify if this is online and not just singleplayer?

Online races seems laggy to me, not internet speed lag but the image not being very smooth as though its dipping below the 30fps.

Soldato
Think it`d be a good idea for a weekly time trial thread with the online issues still going on,would give us something to aim at. :)

.....Don`t look at me,i`m too disorganised. :D

Agreed, one car/track per week, someone set's a time and everyone try's to beat it. Must post screenshot of time. Anyone want to start it ?

Soldato
Cant say i have noticed any lag while playing online but then i only managed a few races this morning before i got disconnected a few times i gave up then:(

Hopefully soon it will be properly sorted :)

Soldato

The dev banged on about a constant 30fps but did they clarify if this is online and not just singleplayer?

Online races seems laggy to me, not internet speed lag but the image not being very smooth as though its dipping below the 30fps.

I think I experienced that a few times. Particularly when entering corners at speed with lots of other cars, then the inevitable pile up that follows.

VTR

VTR

Soldato

It definitely drops below 30fps even in SP

Associate
Think it`d be a good idea for a weekly time trial thread with the online issues still going on,would give us something to aim at. :)

.....Don`t look at me,i`m too disorganised. :D

Good luck with this idea. I have just been on and the leaderboards are still not updating...

I won't play it again until someone informs me that this fundamental is fixed :(

Soldato
sad that they still havent got things sorted

came so close to buying this a few times now.

lack of demos with the new gen is a big issue for me too... like to try before spending . especially with the amount of hugely bias reviewers out there

unless the free trial comes and i love it i will probably be waiting till project cars now , then to see what people think of both

Soldato
:confused: Servers seem ok today was on for hour and no disconnections.

Because of the reduced load on them?...they have been good all last week during the daytime.

The 18:00-22:00 timeslot is when it all falls down :(

Too add: I managed to get my first online MP race in six days at the weekend......02:00 on Sat morning.

Back
Top Bottom