Driveclub more details

I find driving in car view much harder than 3rd person - but tempted to do in carnow coz it looks great :) any tips for in car view

For the immersion alone it is worth it. There are two views one with steering wheel and one without. I prefer it with wheel but it is harder to play that way. I find though with all HUD and map turned off (also no music as it sucks!) the sense it gives you is amazing, and it will help you learn the tracks faster. I am far more aware of what is around me using noise and feel. I raced my first enurance race on Saturday with the HUD off. I had no idea what place I was in but it didn't matter, after 3 or 4 laps I had the track down and started pulling people in. Had some corner issues early on though and the track turned into a night race half way though. Hairy at times but some of the best online racing I've experienced for a long time. Jesus with rain and snow it is going to be insane but I refuse to turn that HUD back on!

Oh my...

mzeeim.gif

LateWhimsicalAnchovy.gif

Last edited:
Had a quick go during my lunch break, took a sports car out for a spin round Scotland in heavy stormy conditions... erm it was pretty scary when I slide round a corner with water being pushed back by my wipers and a bolt of lightening forked across the sky , the sky then turned angry and then as I progressed Sun starting popping through, I had an urge to then drop my Sun visor only remember, it's just a game lol

pretty good actuslly... project cars in rain at the ring is pretty epic but this seemed on a whole new level... bring on replays please... might grab the season pass now.

They should have just released the game now to be honest lol. I could imagine the reviews would have been better.

Based on how it is now it would be scoring 9+ easily I think. I've been playing it this afternoon and the weather effects are amazing, by far the best looking racing game I've seen and the gameplay now that online challenges etc is working makes it a really good game. Such a shame it got off to a bad start, hopefully people will give it a second chance.

perhaps on 12th day -they'll shock horror - release the PSN+ version

or will they just wait till the last possible person that may consider buying the game - buys it - then put it on PSN+ ?

:)

When I try to do this challenge it says it's locked and invite only, yet I'm in the battletoads club?

Erm, I have no idea! I just tried to see if I can invite you to it individually or w/e and well, it's locked for me too!? And it's my bloody challenge! :p

edit: restarted driveclub and it's no longer locked for me, so maybe some bizarre error somewhere :\

Last edited:
Erm, I have no idea! I just tried to see if I can invite you to it individually or w/e and well, it's locked for me too!? And it's my bloody challenge! :p

It's weird, there is another identical challenge created by lateralus with his time of 1 min 58 sec as 1st possition which I can play and then yours which I cannot :confused:

It's still pretty pants but they have tweaked the off track penalty system so at least now if you get rammed of the track you don't get slowed down.

It is still a challenge. It's I felt better then it was , but then I learnt to drive by trying to avoid the on track cars... So maybe that's why?? Still get door handled from time to time..

Really enjoying the rain . It adds a whole new level to the drift challenges.

I'm not really good enough to compete in the hot lap challenges, but add me if you're into the drift mode as I will be sending out some challenges later.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom