Driveclub more details

Caporegime
OP
Doubt it, Logitech said Sony require a special auth chip which their wheels don't have so chances are Fanatec don't either.

The Thrustmaster T80 is the first official wheel.

Associate
Doubt it, Logitech said Sony require a special auth chip which their wheels don't have so chances are Fanatec don't either.

The Thrustmaster T80 is the first official wheel.

It was suggested in that NeoGAF thread that that Logitech response is very unlikely to be true. Essentially shifting the blame away from themselves onto Sony. Much more likely to be an issue with the Immersion Force Feedback legal agreement and essentially boiling down to cost to make legacy wheels compatable with the PS4.

At the moment the only confirmed wheels that will be working with PS4 and hence DriveClub are the Thrustmaster wheels.

I understood there is a new Fanatec wheel on its way for PS4/Xbox One but none of the old wheels will work with either of the new consoles.

Soldato
watched forza horizon 2 , drive club and project cars YouTube videos from London earls court euro gamer and drive club looked fantastic but cars looked a tad floaty and in car view looked a little low, forza didn't actually look all that next gen up against drive club but project cars looked to have a great sense of speed and drive club and project cars were on par sounds wise..

Well reviews for drive club and project cars should be interesting but seems th racing drought is over. but going on YouTube egx videos I'd say horizon 2 is for me the weaker out the trio..

still got high hopes for project cars.

Caporegime
The handling looks like it's going to be sort of a cross between sim and arcade, I only hope that they don't make it as dull and unrewarding as TDU was. They should take a Burnout Paradise full on arcade approach to the handling imo.

Soldato
It's not many, with a extra year I thought there would be a lot more cars.

To be fair, all racing games seem to but scaling back content, but then we expect more of racing games nowadays.. now, if we don't see the driver open the door and put his harness on we aren't happy...

in car views, working dashes, full models of the cars all take time to recreate in games.. however yes, drive club does seem to offer the loweest car count for all next gen racers it would seem.

I'd rather a good selection of well modelled and accurate sounding cars then say gt6 with rubbish sounds and cars lifted from previous games that are either poorly modelled or detail..

project cars has around 80 cars I think, but they are from the alpha access I've got on pc all very Well modelled and detailed with awesome sound sets and fantastic in car views..

Soldato
I'd like a game to rival Forza but I really don't think this will be the one to do so by a very long way.

Not a chance, it's more project Gotham not forza or gt etc... project cars for forza or gt rival I'm afraid.

gt6 on ps3 superb handling let down by crummy sounds and iffy car models comparable to forza 5, I played forza 5 on a mates x1, gt6 handling took a huge dump all over it imo. but forza 5 sounded lovely.

I'm looking at drive club to satisfy the project Gotham itch, and project cars to gt forza itch for my PlayStation at the moment...

Soldato
I didn't like PG but then that's because it was on Xbox so I wasn't used to controls. I'd like another Test Drive Unlimited, would look gorgeous on PS4.
I like to be able to do tuning etc and customisation but don't really want a hardcore sim.

Back
Top Bottom