Driveclub more details

Soldato
I think it's a good idea making a load of clubs with the [OcUK] prefix like we do on BF4. It makes it obvious who I'm driving against off the forum then. Silly PS dashboard doesn't allow us to create groups for our friends (yet). This means I have loads of people on my friends list who I am unsure who I met where. Other than the initial friends request where guys send a message with their request "ocuk member", it's sometimes hard to know who is who!

Soldato
I think it's a good idea making a load of clubs with the [OcUK] prefix like we do on BF4. It makes it obvious who I'm driving against off the forum then. Silly PS dashboard doesn't allow us to create groups for our friends (yet). This means I have loads of people on my friends list who I am unsure who I met where. Other than the initial friends request where guys send a message with their request "ocuk member", it's sometimes hard to know who is who!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18628483 :)

Associate
My favourite driving game on ps3 was test drive unlimited 2, is this a similar game? I understand it's not a sim like forza but is it a similar style to test drive unlimited 2?

Soldato
My favourite driving game on ps3 was test drive unlimited 2, is this a similar game? I understand it's not a sim like forza but is it a similar style to test drive unlimited 2?

Not really, Forza Horizon is more like test drive. This is more Gotham and point to point races rather than free roam.

Associate
Got my retail copy for £35 (friendly reseller).

Just had a quick blast, so here's my review from 30mins gameplay:
Visually it's spot on, sound seemed really good, especially engines (although I only got to hear a couple). Racing AI seems pretty good - not easy, not stupidly difficult. Very PGR-like racing, good mix of arcade fun and real feel for the cars and tracks.

The penalties are good - they don't do you for every little nick against the other drivers, or every touch of the dirt, but it you cause a big smash or use a major shortcut then you'll get hit with a penalty.

Importantly (for me at least) the load times are very good, not even close to the GT load times.

Presentation seems good. Most importantly it was *fun*... working later tonight, but have probably 4 or 5hrs of enjoying it before then (and all day off tomorrow in exchange for working tonight - couldnt of worked out better).

Soldato
Got my retail copy for £35 (friendly reseller).

Just had a quick blast, so here's my review from 30mins gameplay:
Visually it's spot on, sound seemed really good, especially engines (although I only got to hear a couple). Racing AI seems pretty good - not easy, not stupidly difficult. Very PGR-like racing, good mix of arcade fun and real feel for the cars and tracks.

The penalties are good - they don't do you for every little nick against the other drivers, or every touch of the dirt, but it you cause a big smash or use a major shortcut then you'll get hit with a penalty.

Importantly (for me at least) the load times are very good, not even close to the GT load times.

Presentation seems good. Most importantly it was *fun*... working later tonight, but have probably 4 or 5hrs of enjoying it before then (and all day off tomorrow in exchange for working tonight - couldnt of worked out better).

This fills me with hope.

Can someone explain what the "Career mode" entails? i.e. what is the goal? objective? is there a story/leaderboards/trophy cabinet or reason to play the career because i hope theres more to it other than just unlocking cars.

Soldato
Gah sounds like the driving version of Destiny, although I've sunk nearly 60 hours into Destiny so I don't mind :D

Anyway, all it has to do is be better than NFS Rivals, which I'm sure it is, and it has the title of best (car) racing game on PS4 :p unless Project Cars comes along and smashes it.

smr

smr

Soldato
"Your opponents are concerned above all else with the prescribed racing line, regardless of which car they drive, favoring the most aggressive possible speeds down the clearest, most obvious route. This lack of adaptability isn't much of a concern early in your tour, but when the cars get faster and the courses get more labyrinthine, AI racers tend to clump up around certain curves and ignore the presence of other vehicles, including your own. AI vehicles prefer collisions to deviations from the line, often smashing into you from behind and sending you careening into the vehicle in front of you, or sliding onto the shoulder, simply because you took the path most appropriate for your car."

nggghhhhhhhh :|

Back
Top Bottom