Driveclub more details

Soldato
Seems the most common thing in reviews was that whilst it looked good, its just boring.

get

smr

smr

Soldato
so the AI sound awful, like 90s car racing AI, and if you go off you get a 7 second speed cap... they stick to the racing line at all times so if you take it they'll just knock you off the track from behind.

can see multiplayer being exactly the same, people knocking you off so you get 7 second penalties, think i'll give this game a miss, let down of the year. what a shame.

Caporegime
OP
Does indeed look like a massive let down. :(

So glad I held off spending the £30 on the full version, yes I will play the PS+ edition to see how beautiful it is, but it just looks so dull and uninspiring. Nothing at all like the thrill of Forza Horizon 2 (yes I know this game is far from perfect, but for me it nails the exhilaration of racing).

Soldato
Yeah, the above reviews was my worry.. Glad I didn't pre order. I'll try the ps+ version and see what I think then. Not sure I'll buy this it just looks too stale with not much to play for. Massive dissapointment.

Soldato
What I dont get is, in a closed track racer, you get heavy penalties for knocking into cars, cars knocking into your, and putting two wheels in the side ditch lol?..what!?

Soldato
anyother ps4 driving games in the pipeline?

Project Cars. And probably another Need For Speed that will just be a clone of previous ones with another catchy title.

Think I'll keep my pre-order. Destiny got beaten down and I've thoroughly enjoyed that. Sure it's no Forza, but when the weather DLC comes out it will look nicer. Right? :p

Associate
Despite some of the bad reviews I'm really looking forward to it. The higher end cars will be insane to drive and I love perfecting tracks, with more open-world racers now there aren't too many that let me do this the usual way.

Having watched quite a few streams the speed penalties are only when you really ram the other cars. Its point penalties for hitting the course edges, which is appropriate considering it would be too easy just to ram your way through corners.

Are there any OcUK clubs?

Back
Top Bottom