Driveclub more details

Soldato
I think awaiting the free version and having a play before upgrading is the best idea. This is what I was going to do but couldn't resist the £29 pre-order deal. The force is weak with me lately...:)

Like wise , I'm weak and guess I will just play it for what it is. I did expect slightly better reviews , guess the trolls will all be out from under their bridges for a while.

Associate
For the record I don't think 7, even 6 (or 70+ on metacritic) is a bad score. Seems to be a mental stick in some peoples mind the scale starts at 7.

This is absolutely true and it infuriates me.

Scale should start at 0. So many games getting 9+ when really, that should be saved for the GOTYs. IGN are particularly bad at this - take a look at what scored 90+ for them last gen, you will be amazed

Associate
I'm not at all surprised by the "professional" reviews.

To be honest being 30 years of age I don't care how games review. I tend to buy them and make my own mind up.

And in my time of buying games I've bought many games that had received outstanding "professional" reviews that I found absolute crap.

And games that received ok reviews I personally really enjoyed. I mean wolfenstein didn't do well in terms of "professional" reviews but I loved it.

I was also one of the few people to have loved motorstorm apocalypse too. I loved all the motorstorm games and most were panned by a few people, I remember the first motorstorm was slated for content, long loading times etc but it was my fave ps3 game for some time.

For 29 quid I've taken the risk and I think I'll like it.

Associate
Been watching a stream of someone actually quite good playing it and it looks solid.

Bonnet view makes it more exciting, should be the view you play it from really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom