Driveclub more details

Soldato
Eurogamer:

"The problem with DriveClub is that it's just competent. You'll drive some fast cars in some arresting environments. You might even have fun, in between getting clobbered with penalties. But there's no romance to it. No passion. What there is, however, is the lingering sense that the gaps were supposed to be filled by the much-touted social features - the fires were to be stoked by human rivalry. Sadly, beyond those bite-sized Face Off challenges, which are essentially side missions, there's nothing particularly engaging or new here.

What we're left with is a flimsy framework - a sort of clothes horse for content - rather than a truly great racing game. DriveClub is patently intended to attract a global, interconnected audience of fiercely competitive racers but, to quote the increasingly obscure 1989 Kevin Costner film Field of Dreams: if you build it, they will come. And, unfortunately, Evolution hasn't quite built it."

Caporegime
I think quite a few people, myself included thought this was going to be pretty dire, way back in March there were some of us saying it didn't look anything special in gameplay terms. Shame really. There's always other stuff to look forward to though, I'm sure there'll be GT game at some point and if Criterion are still making racing games then that's something as well.

Permabanned
Wow they delayed it for it to be total turd. Another release another game that's gash. This "next-gen" is pretty awful so far.

I'm never pre-ordering again

Soldato
Wow not aimed at all but some in here are right whiny self entitled moaners or complete trolls. it makes me sad as this is meant to one of the more reasoned and sensible forums..

some of you hang heads in shame...

the game is what it is, some will enjoy it, some won't, and the reviews imo aren't terribly poor.

Caporegime
Wow not aimed at all but some in here are right whiny self entitled moaners or complete trolls. it makes me sad as this is meant to one of the more reasoned and sensible forums..

some of you hang heads in shame...

the game is what it is, some will enjoy it, some won't, and the reviews imo aren't terribly poor.

To be honest I've only read the Eurogamer review and it paints the game as an empty shell content wise. Gameplay wise it seems that the penalties for even going slightly off track are a little extreme which is pretty laughable given that this is an arcade racer. The physics don't seem like they're all that fun either, going off the Eurogamer review there appears to be hardly any differentiation between cars in the same class, and hyper cars are only made to feel different by their instability at higher speeds.

I think the main thing that has people miffed is the fact the game was delayed apparently to squeeze more content in yet we are still left with something which could be described as bare bones. Personally I don't own either of the PS4 or Xbox One but judging by the quality thus far I'd be a far happier Xbox owner if I had been an early adopter. Considering they have popped out two Forza games already and all the Playstation owners have had to look forward to racing wise is this, is pathetic.

Soldato
To be honest I've only read the Eurogamer review and it paints the game as an empty shell content wise. Gameplay wise it seems that the penalties for even going slightly off track are a little extreme which is pretty laughable given that this is an arcade racer. The physics don't seem like they're all that fun either, going off the Eurogamer review there appears to be hardly any differentiation between cars in the same class, and hyper cars are only made to feel different by their instability at higher speeds.

I think the main thing that has people miffed is the fact the game was delayed apparently to squeeze more content in yet we are still left with something which could be described as bare bones. Personally I don't own either of the PS4 or Xbox One but judging by the quality thus far I'd be a far happier Xbox owner if I had been an early adopter. Considering they have popped out two Forza games already and all the Playstation owners have had to look forward to racing wise is this, is pathetic.

project cars is up and coming. it's not the only racer, just the only racer exclusive to ps4 at this time..

I've actually played forza 5 and its really not all that , it's light on content and felt empty comparable to the pretty meaty forza 3 I played years ago, haven't played forza 4 .

gt 7 will be interesting.. see how it pans out. but Drive club was never going to go head to head with forza...

Caporegime
project cars is up and coming. it's not the only racer, just the only racer exclusive to ps4 at this time..

I've actually played forza 5 and its really not all that , it's light on content and felt empty comparable to the pretty meaty forza 3 I played years ago, haven't played forza 4 .

gt 7 will be interesting.. see how it pans out. but Drive club was never going to go head to head with forza...

Forza 4 was really good from what I remember, loads and loads of content both tracks and cars and they had a load of DLC out for it as well. I think I'm one of the few on here who doesn't seem to have a massive problem with GT, GT7 will be amazing if they can sort out some decent sound effects, I thought GT6 was a step in the right direction, I'd be happy if I could just play the original Gran Turismo on my Vita but can't find it on any of the PS Stores.

Caporegime
OP

You say Forza 5 is light on content?

It's like, 3 games of content compared to Driveclub, and it actually managed to come out at launch.

Soldato
I think my biggest issue with this is it was delayed from launch so nearly a years extra time in development and it still appears to be crap. Which tbh I find odd as the developers previous games like Motorstorm have been pretty good. What happened in a year ?

Soldato
I think my biggest issue with this is it was delayed from launch so nearly a years extra time in development and it still appears to be crap. Which tbh I find odd as the developers previous games like Motorstorm have been pretty good. What happened in a year ?

You're being a bit over-the-top here; it hasn't been getting universally panned or scoring 3/10s or anything.

Back
Top Bottom