Driveclub more details

Soldato
Read the article? A lot of it is noticeable in game, including some poor anisotropic filtering. But for the most part, it looks leagues ahead of other PS4 games in terms of graphics.

Yes, I did, Dont think it mention the wax lining on all the cars headlights as being any different.

Soldato
Is your sole purpose to be antagonistic?

TO point out some serious flaws in a game thats the PS4's only dedicated racer that has been in development time this long...well...yea....it no where near good enough.

THis game should have been in a position to steal the show from everything else, its not even close to that, my god, the one HUGE feature about it and the weather system..it doesn't even ship with it.

Now, remember the who-ha PS4 made about the XO potentially HAVING to be online all the time so we could exclude game disc swapping, now on PS4 you have to be online to get the copy of the game you paid for at a later date.

Yea...brilliant...but that's all for the gamers I bet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Other cars headlights do create a light source. Even their brake lights do.

No they dont, ,look at the shadow, yours is the only car that creates overly harsh shadows, the other cars don't, the other cars pretty much project what every other racer has in it.

Flyover tent flags not illuminated by other drivers, the flags at the side of the road not illuminated etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not read any reviews of this, are they all panning it or is it just a few nit-picks because this has been such an anticipated game?

Some people are making it sound like a successor to Big Rigs :D

And on the subject of headlights and light sources, it seems to me that all other cars have headlights that project, but yours is the only one that casts shadows, which I think is a fair technical limitation.

Associate
TO point out some serious flaws in a game thats the PS4's only dedicated racer that has been in development time this long...well...yea....it no where near good enough.

THis game should have been in a position to steal the show from everything else, its not even close to that, my god, the one HUGE feature about it and the weather system..it doesn't even ship with it.

Now, remember the who-ha PS4 made about the XO potentially HAVING to be online all the time so we could exclude game disc swapping, now on PS4 you have to be online to get the copy of the game you paid for at a later date.

Yea...brilliant...but that's all for the gamers I bet.

You clearly favour your xbox one and that's fine. Why, though, do you constantly feel the need to comment on PS4 related stuff and criticise and antagonise others?
Surely there are better things to do!

Soldato
You clearly favour your xbox one and that's fine. Why, though, do you constantly feel the need to comment on PS4 related stuff and criticise and antagonise others?

I have a PS4 at my bros house as well though he uses it more, I was half looking forward to this as I have been waiting for some decent racers.

Soldato
I've not read any reviews of this, are they all panning it or is it just a few nit-picks because this has been such an anticipated game?

And on the subject of headlights and light sources, it seems to me that all other cars have headlights that project, but yours is the only one that casts shadows?

It has a Metacritic average of 72. Interpret that as you will; some evidently think it means the game is pure crap.

Soldato

And on the subject of headlights and light sources, it seems to me that all other cars have headlights that project, but yours is the only one that casts shadows, which I think is a fair technical limitation.

If you were expecting an arcade racing game with very good graphics, then you shouldn't be disappointed.

To be fair there isn't much else to be said in this thread until it is actually released (in the UK). It is just a tad repetitive.

Associate
I have a PS4 at my bros house as well though he uses it more, I was half looking forward to this as I have been waiting for some decent racers.

A lot of people were/are still looking forward to this ;)

Many have jumped onto the huge negativity bandwagon without trying the game for themselves. Evolution have clearly put a lot of time and effort into it but it's clearly not perfect.

Digital Foundry give a far more balanced view of its pros and cons and were positively glowing in their praise at times.

I remain hopefull to be honest :)

Soldato
LMAO....like any of that really shows in the game, if it exists at all in any form.

I was more concerned that the car you drive is the single head light source, which looks less real considering your are surrounded by other racing cars with seemingly no headlights.

Other cars headlights do create a light source. Even their brake lights do.

You can see their lights shining on the rear of your car in chase cam, and see their lights on your rear view mirror in cockpit view.

Look at this video, at around 14 seconds in you can even see the car infronts brake lights reflecting off your dash. If you watch the video you can then see other cars headlights providing an actual light source.

And at 44 seconds you see the car just to the sides headlights lighting up the interior and wing mirror.

Lastly at around 53 seconds you see the car behinds headlights lighting up the rear of the car.

One thing that can't be argued is the amount of detail they've put into this game, unfortunately I feel that may have been their downfall as it seems they prioritised little details.

My only worry is that they won't support the game the way they have said, but provided they stay true to their word on the weather patch etc I'll be happy.

That told him!

Soldato
You didnt watch the video did you, and see what I wrote about the light sources not coming from other cars.

YES I DID...DID YOU? ....54secs in...the car to the side of you lighting up the road.....as is the car ahead.

OOOOH YEAH!

I'm off this thread until Friday now, hopefully those that don't have it will have got bored by then and moved on to talk carp about something else

Soldato
No it doesnt, it doesnt have the same lighting effects at all, that a set lighting on all the other cars, isnt it weird no other cars casts shadows from other cars?..except your own?..one set of shadows against walls etc. Not key lighting flags over hangs approaching tunnels etc?

Back
Top Bottom