Driveclub more details

Soldato
TO point out some serious flaws in a game thats the PS4's only dedicated racer that has been in development time this long...well...yea....it no where near good enough.

THis game should have been in a position to steal the show from everything else, its not even close to that, my god, the one HUGE feature about it and the weather system..it doesn't even ship with it.

Now, remember the who-ha PS4 made about the XO potentially HAVING to be online all the time so we could exclude game disc swapping, now on PS4 you have to be online to get the copy of the game you paid for at a later date.

Yea...brilliant...but that's all for the gamers I bet.

I'm crying rivers here....

Soldato
No it doesnt, it doesnt have the same lighting effects at all, that a set lighting on all the other cars, isnt it weird no other cars casts shadows from other cars?..except your own?..one set of shadows against walls etc. Not key lighting flags over hangs approaching tunnels etc?

The AI lights still get reflected off of your own car, but yes the player car is the only one that creates all of those dynamic shadows (although I don't think this was even being debated - the AI cars clearly have their own light sources).

I'm crying rivers here....

:D

Soldato
You realise the delayed launch is only for the free PS+ version. And it clearly says they will take the money up to two days before release..

Yeah I bought the PS+ version and noted it still says launch for tomorrow. Problem is I was a bit unsure when ordering it and now that they are already having online issues its not a good sign bearing in mind most of us aint even got it yet!!

Emailed them to cancel (as the monies had already been taken) and got an email back to say theyre super busy and will respond 'when we get time' - lol. 20 minutes on the phone on hold and I've just given up in all honesty! - That musta cost me about a fiver just in mobile phone fee's!

Putting that aside - Anyone know if this game can be played two player in split-screen mode? Its more that , that I'm interested in as I'm more a social gamer and like to play with mates that come round rather than just online.

Soldato
Putting that aside - Anyone know if this game can be played two player in split-screen mode? Its more that , that I'm interested in as I'm more a social gamer and like to play with mates that come round rather than just online.

No split screen. You'll be hard pushed to find any current-gen racing games that do that. Your only local 2-player racing game on PS4 is MotoGP 14 (unless anyone else has found another). Devs really don't care for split-screen gaming anymore. It's all about having 1 console per-person.

Soldato
Its been touted as the best driving game for months BEFORE the ps4 came out so yes bought blindly.
Expected a GT sort of experience so dissapointed yes. Overhyped.

Soldato
You must admit that is partly (mostly?) your fault for not googling it first :p

mostly yes :)

I am also basing my cancellation on my recent experience with PSN and Destiny - It's a complete nightmare - lagging messages, lagging games, psn outage, server maintenance, DDOS attacks - all in all it won't add up to a very pleasant on-line driving experience either, so gunna give this a miss.

I also note that whilst this game won't live up to the GT series - looking at the recent critic reviews over the last couple of days - I'm entitled to change my mind!

1.5years of hype (prior to the PS4) and I feel kinda dissapointed as opposed to hyped over this. Its been so long in the making!

Soldato
I am also basing my cancellation on my recent experience with PSN and Destiny - It's a complete nightmare - lagging messages, lagging games, psn outage, server maintenance, DDOS attacks - all in all it won't add up to a very pleasant on-line driving experience either, so gunna give this a miss.

In the ~60 hours I've put into Destiny so far, I've had 2 disconnects and been stopped playing for 10 minutes while an update was rolled out :p

Its been so long in the making!

Nowhere near as long as Gran Turismo 5, and that was fairly disappointing with its mammoth loading times (even after the 50 minute install) and terrible old car models for the majority of cars.

Soldato
Yeah I bought the PS+ version and noted it still says launch for tomorrow. Problem is I was a bit unsure when ordering it and now that they are already having online issues its not a good sign bearing in mind most of us aint even got it yet!!

Emailed them to cancel (as the monies had already been taken) and got an email back to say theyre super busy and will respond 'when we get time' - lol. 20 minutes on the phone on hold and I've just given up in all honesty! - That musta cost me about a fiver just in mobile phone fee's!

You can't have been gaming long.

Pretty much every anticipated game has teething issues at launch. That's all they are, teething issues.

Chill, it will get sorted.

WOOOT! - Defo cancelling then :(

Uhm, its never had split screen. I can't think of any recent racing game that does. Forza might have, not read too much into it.

Its been touted as the best driving game for months BEFORE the ps4 came out so yes bought blindly.
Expected a GT sort of experience so dissapointed yes. Overhyped.

Facepalm.

Last edited:
Soldato
They have not said yet but I'm guessing it'll be down at last a few weeks if not more. :(

I remember this was a "FREE" game promised to PS4 purchases when it was first announced to previous PS+ subscribers is it is now, then their would be a full paid for game version.

Then they delayed it about a week before, so they knew in plenty of time that they where either going to give people a completely duff game, or where going to delay it after initial sales.

No when it does release still incomplete, they are now pulling the "free" version?...im sorry but thats pretty terrible. Oh, but the servers will work fine for the paying versions.

Back
Top Bottom