Driveclub more details

Soldato
I remember this was a "FREE" game promised to PS4 purchases when it was first announced to previous PS+ subscribers is it is now, then their would be a full paid for game version.

Then they delayed it about a week before, so they knew in plenty of time that they where either going to give people a completely duff game, or where going to delay it after initial sales.

No when it does release still incomplete, they are now pulling the "free" version?...im sorry but thats pretty terrible. Oh, but the servers will work fine for the paying versions.

Oh you again from the other Driveclub thread.

Soldato
It was never touted as a free game, only a free version and then the full (paid for) version.

Tell you what, one thing this thread has done is not put me off driveclub (far from it) but it has put me off joining an OcUK club! Some of you are acting like this is the end of the world!

Soldato
It was never touted as a free game, only a free version and then the full (paid for) version.

I did write that, although at that time they never touted what content was going to be in the "free" version, I know it was always going to be a pay for game to get the gull version.

Soldato
Yeah, what better way to increase sales than to tell their potential customers that there are server and connectivity issues with the game.

Honestly people, enough of the pessimistic cynicism.

Caporegime
I am getting slightly confused.

I am about to buy the version that is 34.99 digitally via the PS4. I understood this was the upgrade to make the PS+ version the same as the full download or disc copy.

But as they are saying that people won't get the PS+ version, will the upgrade files I preload be useless (as in they need the PS+ edition to install), or is this upgrade download actually the full game, just verified against your PSN account to make sure you are a subscriber.

In short, if I buy the upgrade version, can I play on Friday?

rp2000

Soldato
30 minutes on hold to be told that they may or may not be able to cancel the pre-order.
I quoted the FAQ's on sony.com to say that it states as long as I tell them BEFORE the release date they can cancel. Sony rep claimed that was only applicable to US customers!

grrrrrr - wait and see now lol

Soldato
Seems like the extra power the PS4 has is making developers focus on making it look pretty while forgetting the basics. Driveclub, Killzone, Infamous all lovely looking but sadly lacking anything worthy gameplay wise.

Soldato
Right, one thing which just popped into my head. They are pulling the Plus version of DC due to the amount of players trying to get online. Why don't they just disable multiplayer access for Plus users until it's stable, I'm sure many would be happy with single player, right ?

Is there any need to pull the full game ?

Also, while I'm at it, we know that people can still buy the game and play but people wanting it for free on plus must wait. Imo it should be all or none, you shouldn't pull one stream down while keeping the pay streams open. I'm going ott here but if everyone who was going to get the Plus version now decided to buy the game the served would get a battering anyway, then what would they do ?

I'll stop moaning now, I'm just mad at the way this has come about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems like the extra power the PS4 has is making developers focus on making it look pretty while forgetting the basics. Driveclub, Killzone, Infamous all lovely looking but sadly lacking anything worthy gameplay wise.

You haven't played any of them though. Your "opinion" is worth not a lot.

Infamous had a Metascore of 80 by the way.

Keep trying though.

Back
Top Bottom