Driveclub more details

Soldato
Right, one thing which just popped into my head. They are pulling the Plus version of DC due to the amount of players trying to get online. Why don't they just disable multiplayer access for Plus users until it's stable, I'm sure many would be happy with single player, right ?

Is there any need to pull the full game ?

Also, while I'm at it, we know that people can still buy the game and play but people wanting it for free on plus must wait. Imo it should be all or none, you shouldn't pull one stream down while keeping the pay streams open. I'm going ott here but if everyone who was going to get the Plus version now decided to buy the game the served would get a battering anyway, then what would they do ?

I'll stop moaning now, I'm just mad at the way this has come about.

So in order to appease the people who haven't paid they should block those who have..

I'm glad you are not in charge of this stuff mate.

Soldato
Seems like the extra power the PS4 has is making developers focus on making it look pretty while forgetting the basics. Driveclub, Killzone, Infamous all lovely looking but sadly lacking anything worthy gameplay wise.

Agree about Killzone. Infamous is beautiful and more of the same, which personally I like . DC though haven't played it yet so I couldn't possibly say.

Soldato
So in order to appease the people who haven't paid they should block those who have..

I'm glad you are not in charge of this stuff mate.

I said they should block Plus users from playing online until it can handle the mass numbers. Those who have paid can still play online (or try) and put a temp ban on new pre-orders, until it's stable. (but they won't turn down cold hard cash will they) ;)

Soldato
I said they should block Plus users from playing online until it can handle the mass numbers. Those who have paid can still play online (or try) and put a temp ban on new pre-orders, until it's stable. (but they won't turn down cold hard cash will they) ;)

Not sure it works like that mate, it's a completely online game its either on or off.

Soldato
I've just pre-ordered this.

With the lack of driving games on the PS4 I simply couldn't help myself.
Surly it's got to be better than NFS:Rivals

It's getting described as PGR like over at Gaf which will suit me. I get bored of hardcore sims as I haven't got much gaming time anymore so spending 20 mins tweaking a pretend suspension damper 3mm cuts into it.

I'll reserve judgement until I get my hands on it though.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I've watched a lot of livestreaming of this and it looks consistently pretty decent to me, the in car view is particularly impressive, this game has the ability to polarise opinion in that not all gamers are going to find the challenge of car vs. track that interesting. Gamespot always seems biased against Sony and in love with anything Nintendo does anyway.

Caporegime
Yes I have played it as have plenty on here, say hello to the US account.

Not sure your comments are really that family friendly though....

Tell us a bit about it then. This "plenty" don't seem to be posting many opinions in this thread unless I have missed them all.

I just bought it so am looking forward to it.

rp2000

Soldato
I've watched a lot of livestreaming of this and it looks consistently pretty decent to me, the in car view is particularly impressive, this game has the ability to polarise opinion in that not all gamers are going to find the challenge of car vs. track that interesting. Gamespot always seems biased against Sony and in love with anything Nintendo does anyway.
It doesn't look at its best in chase cam, but no racing game does its an awful view and always looks poor.

Soldato
Tell us a bit about it then. This "plenty" don't seem to be posting many opinions in this thread unless I have missed them all.

I just bought it so am looking forward to it.

rp2000

What do you want to know that is not already posted here?

It looks very nice, plays very arcadey feels a bit like PGR or NFS etc albeit without the fun elements PGR for example introduced to the arcade racing genre.

Not quite sure what else there is to talk about a driving game?

Soldato
I haven't experienced that yet but I also haven't had the AI crash into me very much.

I haven't had much problems with penalties at all, you only seem to get one if you just go flat out into the back of someone without breaking or skip half a corner.

Just had a few really enjoyable races vs the AI. Its getting more fun the further I get into the game. Its so damn pretty at night, can't wait till they add rain.

Back
Top Bottom