Driveclub more details

Soldato
What do you want to know that is not already posted here?

It looks very nice, plays very arcadey feels a bit like PGR or NFS etc albeit without the fun elements PGR for example introduced to the arcade racing genre.

Not quite sure what else there is to talk about a driving game?

Have you got any trophys, let's have a look?

What's the first race? What did PGR do this doesn't?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I find it highly unlikely that a person who goes out of their way to troll Sony and their games at any given opportunity even owns a PS4, much less has created a US account just to play a game a few days early.

Soldato
I was really excited for this when I preordered the PS4 but now I'm not so sure. I was really hoping to try it out before preordering the game on PS store as I fancy the extra cars, but wouldn't bother if I didn't enjoy it as I am currently enjoying GT6 on PS3. I understand the delay but don't understand why PS+ subscribers don't have longer to try it out... :(

Soldato
I find it highly unlikely that a person who goes out of their way to troll Sony and their games at any given opportunity even owns a PS4, much less has created a US account just to play a game a few days early.

all he's got to do is post his psn id and we can all use psnprofiles. com to look at his drive club progress..

pretty simple to prove us right or wrong on his claims.

He has till UK launch to post his id and qualify his claims. If he has been branding outlandish claims then he'll shy away from posting his Id which he must do so by screenshot of his ps4 home screen with a piece of paper with his forum name on it, or if he's true to his name then he'll lap this up and we can all stand down and accept his opinion.

Soldato
So the FREE version has been delayed to AFTER the PAID version is released on schedule.

Server issues??? Yeah yeah dev, nice try, losing confidence in projected sales figures once the cat is out the bag are we :D

Soldato

You can show me where I trolled other Sony games? My son owns the PS4 and he bought the game from the US store, sorry if that is not what you want to hear.

He has till UK launch to post his id and qualify his claims. If he has been branding outlandish claims then he'll shy away from posting his Id which he must do so by screenshot of his ps4 home screen with a piece of paper with his forum name on it, or if he's true to his name then he'll lap this up and we can all stand down and accept his opinion.

LOL you need to get out some more.

How about you post some evidence that you played Forza 5 since it's ok for you to tell us how crap it is?

Associate
This is worth reading for those that haven't seen it.

Digital foundry http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...4-vs-driveclub

Here is their verdict

Quote:
There was a lot pressure on Evolution Studios to deliver a state-of-the-art flagship title that defined the PS4's next-generation credentials - a racing game that blurs the line between arcade and simulation while boasting the latest graphical features only possible on higher-end hardware. Despite some teething problems earlier in development, this is a feat that DriveClub manages to accomplish. Indeed, the game has benefitted from a remarkable makeover: from scrappy contender to visually polished technological showcase for PlayStation 4 hardware. The attention to detail and complex effects work is undeniably superb, while the handling model delivers an experience to suit both casual players and the more hardcore driving fans looking for something different from the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport.

For all its rendering accomplishments, DriveClub is actually best viewed more as an evolution of an old-school arcade racing game, as opposed to a state-of-the-art simulation. In gameplay terms, the lack of open world exploration and use of fixed tracks may seem a little behind the times, but the use of carefully designed point-to-point routes and traditional tracks suit the social aspect of the game, which revolves around challenging other players while winning events to increase status for yourself and your club.

In that sense, DriveClub comes across as an updated take on the classic arcade racer, played out at a global level, with both competitive and collaborative gameplay at the very heart of the experience. The handling model makes the game easy to pick up and play, while the relentless AI on higher difficulty settings keeps single-player races interesting as you constantly battle to stay in first place.

Of course, while the game is finally on retail shelves this week, development of DriveClub is an on-going process, and we are promised a range of features in the coming months via post-launch updates. The first of these adds dynamic weather to the game, adding another layer of uncertainty to driving conditions while no doubt showcasing even more of Evolution's tech - something we'll take a look at in the near future. Photo and replay modes are also on their way.

It's fair to say that we had more fun with the game than Mike did in the Eurogamer review, but there are areas where we agree that the game falls a little short: the penalties and driving restrictions can sap the fun out of the most intense moments, and perhaps there is a lack of soul and charisma at the heart of the game. But for us, the combination of the arcade-style handling and the often beautiful visuals delivers an experience well worth checking out.

very good article ,has restored my faith a bit, also this comment made me laugh

"A much better, more objective, interesting read when compared to Mike, with his veteran NFS racing skills and embarrassing review, where he complains about getting penalised for his attempts at corner cut cheating."

Soldato
You can show me where I trolled other Sony games? My son owns the PS4 and he bought the game from the US store, sorry if that is not what you want to hear.

LOL you need to get out some more.

How about you post some evidence that you played Forza 5 since it's ok for you to tell us how crap it is?

Ah, deflection.

Awesome.

Soldato
sigh does this have to be the trend in every new release thread, back and forth bickering which only ends up making you all look like tools.

Seems any negative PR is just an excuse for someone to jump on the opposing platform, i used to think the PC vs console argument was bad but the inter platform bitching is so much worse lol

Soldato
Have you played the game?

No, I haven't said I have, in fact I have already said I'll wait until I play it to pass judgement.

You reckon you have, and managed to describe it as "a racing game," the vagary of which has led a few of us to smell the brown sloppy stuff you find in a field.

Soldato
The game has been Gold for a month they should have released the PS+ version 2 weeks ago like the Horizon 2 demo. I doubt server issues are the reason for delaying the PS+ version tbh.

all will be clear tomorrow.

Soldato
No, I haven't said I have, in fact I have already said I'll wait until I play it to pass judgement.

You reckon you have, and managed to describe it as "a racing game," the vagary of which has led a few of us to smell the brown sloppy stuff you find in a field.

Well until you play it I don't see how you can have any real input if my opinion is right or not, so until you do save us the whining.

Back
Top Bottom