Driveclub more details

Soldato
So the FREE version has been delayed to AFTER the PAID version is released on schedule.

Server issues??? Yeah yeah dev, nice try, losing confidence in projected sales figures once the cat is out the bag are we :D

Yes nothing increases confidence and sales in your product than paying customers having server issues.

Soldato
The game has been Gold for a month they should have released the PS+ version 2 weeks ago like the Horizon 2 demo. I doubt server issues are the reason for delaying the PS+ version tbh.

all will be clear tomorrow.

The servers are full, adding a few million freebie players won't help that. Saying that they should have been better prepared.

Apologies multi quote on me phone is awkward.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can show me where I trolled other Sony games? My son owns the PS4 and he bought the game from the US store, sorry if that is not what you want to hear.

Considering I didn't quote you, name you or reply directly underneath your post I'm guessing you know what your behaviour is like for you to automatically assume I was talking about you.

Soldato
Yes nothing increases confidence and sales in your product than paying customers having server issues.

Just seems a bit fishy to me. Days before release the free "demo" version is delayed yet the retail version that you pay for will likely work fine. They use any old excuse to disguise their worry that all the PS+ users will download the freebie and not bother paying to upgrade if the game is not up to scratch. For the peeps that pay for the retail version it's too late other than trading it in.

Soldato
Wow, some serious trolling going on in here.

All those who are kicking and screaming about the poor reviews, play the game and make your own mind up. We don't all have to follow the shepherd...

Soldato
Seems like the extra power the PS4 has is making developers focus on making it look pretty while forgetting the basics. Driveclub, Killzone, Infamous all lovely looking but sadly lacking anything worthy gameplay wise.

Utterly bizarre yet entirely unexpected conclusion for you to draw there. The people making the game pretty aren't the same ones making the game play well.

Soldato
Rainforest reviews of driveclub seem ok , there are quite a few good user reviews on there from verified buyers, there is a lot of 1 star reviews but they are just ms fanboys.

I'm still looking really forward to playing this!!

Soldato
Rainforest reviews of driveclub seem ok , there are quite a few good user reviews on there from verified buyers, there is a lot of 1 star reviews but they are just ms fanboys.

I'm still looking really forward to playing this!!

thats why i dont trust metacritic for reviews as its been done in the past were one side has down voted a game with some of the reviews just been total nonsense

Soldato
I've had it since yesterday, the game is fine for what it's trying to be, a track racer. Most of the reviews make no sense, most of them are using the fact it's not an open world racer like Horizon as a negative, Driveclub has never once attempted to be an open world racer.

Reviews are getting silly lately, they focus more on what a game isn't rather than what it is, comparing 2 different kinds of driving games doesn't make much sense to me.

Soldato
Just seems a bit fishy to me. Days before release the free "demo" version is delayed yet the retail version that you pay for will likely work fine. They use any old excuse to disguise their worry that all the PS+ users will download the freebie and not bother paying to upgrade if the game is not up to scratch. For the peeps that pay for the retail version it's too late other than trading it in.

It would have been easier to whack an embargo on reviews and not show it at every expo there is than wind everyone up with server problems. The servers seem to be steadily coming back up it appears now.

The negative reviews seem to focus on the fact it's not open world, which to me is not a negative, I find them a bit contrived usually. Driving through a field in a Ferrari just for the sake of calling a game open world isn't that much fun imo, although some like it clearly.

Soldato
I've had it since yesterday, the game is fine for what it's trying to be, a track racer. Most of the reviews make no sense, most of them are using the fact it's not an open world racer like Horizon as a negative, Driveclub has never once attempted to be an open world racer.

Agreed, FH2 and DC are two different games, if I want to drive a Lamborghini through a Vineyard I'll play Forza. But I don't, I like my point to point/circuit races, I'll look towards Driveclub.

Back
Top Bottom