Driveclub more details

Soldato
Does anyone else find bonnet cam a bit off putting?

The reflections from the scenery when steering makes me make mistakes.

Also has anyone got the 3 car addons? Mine still haven't downloaded and still give an error?

I play on bonnet cam...nope.

And no my three cars haven't downloaded either, tried again at 02:00 same error message as before

Soldato
I play on bonnet cam...nope.

And no my three cars haven't downloaded either, tried again at 02:00 same error message as before

Must be just me, the scenery as it reflects on the bonnet is really impressive.

I guess I will get used to it as I normally play racers with car view.

Once the servers are up, creating a club paint job on cars will be cool!

Soldato
So all in all, every-one that has purchased this game are pleased they have done so and worth the money. Good job we ignored the reviews.

I'm going to start ignoring reviews completely I think, Shadow of Mordor got rated 9/10 - I got bored after 3/4 hours, Alien got rated poorly - Excellent game, Driveclub - again brilliant game.

Associate
Not sure what to make of this game to be honest.

My niggles so far are...

-I am not feeling ownership of the cars like I did in the pgr games.
-I have no choice in fine tuning the drive as there are no driving aids.
-Off track penalty is daft imo when the ai will knock you about on such tight tracks.
-The paint system is strange as I don't want liveries so I only have 4 custom slots for colors. All my cars have to be 1 of those 4 colors it seems but I could wrong.
-It's not arcade enough like rivals and not sim like gt6 but somewhere in the middle.
-Not a fan of the soundtrack.

Some plus points.....

+The graphics are top notch for a console game with superb lighting.
+Car models are excellent and the dashboard view is awesome, just set back a bit too far imo.
+Controls are tight with a controller considering it's only a 30 fps game.
+Track locations are a breath of fresh air after playing on the well known real world tracks for years on end.
+Soundtrack is off by default while racing.

So just a few thoughts about this game so far. I haven't been able to test the online so that may be it's defining component.
It look's like this game's development was cursed or something. Delayed a year, online infrastructure in disarray on release. The weather system not in place on release as well.

Maybe they needed a lot more time but the impending releases of Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and the Forza Horizon 2 forced there hands. I don't know.

I wish I hadn't pre ordered it as I could have had more patience and tried the free version first.

Never mind though. The game has a good foundation to build on. I'm going to stick with it for now.:)

Soldato
Had a quick blast this morning. Liked what i played. At first i didn't really like it but after trying different cars it's great!

Is there an OcUK club up yet?

Shame about the online issues...

Soldato
Must be just me, the scenery as it reflects on the bonnet is really impressive.

I guess I will get used to it as I normally play racers with car view.

Once the servers are up, creating a club paint job on cars will be cool!

I use bonnet cam on most games (or bumper cam)..I find cockpit too distracting and slightly remote.

Soldato
So all in all, every-one that has purchased this game are pleased they have done so and worth the money. Good job we ignored the reviews.

I'm going to start ignoring reviews completely I think, Shadow of Mordor got rated 9/10 - I got bored after 3/4 hours, Alien got rated poorly - Excellent game, Driveclub - again brilliant game.

Well said.

Associate
Only played a few races but I'm liking this game.

Having bonnet / interior cam adds an extra level of excitement as you are lower down.

Just waiting for the online to work, not checked it this morning.

Soldato
Only played a few races but I'm liking this game.

Having bonnet / interior cam adds an extra level of excitement as you are lower down.

Just waiting for the online to work, not checked it this morning.

I think the interior cam sans wheel is fantastic! Really makes sure you can nail them apexes.

Soldato
The music really is awful. It was off by default but I turned it on to try it then turned it off after one race. Terrible.

90% of the time I like to play with the music off but occasionally I like to turn the car sounds down and the music up - Forza, GT - all these games have some really decent soundtracks. Perhaps I was unlucky with the tracks I've heard in DC but what I've heard so far has been ****.

Soldato
Instead of going over some of the minor negatives that have already been stated I will add a few things I really love of what I have played.

Bumps/grooves in tracks effect cars handling, something that is often missing in some racing games.

Love the blossom/grass trimmings and bits of debris In The roads as it sprays up as cars pass.

Day/evening/night cycles during races is good as well.

AI cars make the odd mistake.

Sense of speed is the best I have seen in the racing games I have played.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a few hours this morning and really enjoying it although for me it does get a little repetitive. I had to turn off as at the last corner of a race I was rammed of the track by the stupid Ai....

Really good game it just needs finishing and the online adding back in. I do think some of the reviews were overly harsh on this tbh....

Back
Top Bottom