Driveclub more details

Soldato
Oh dear! I'm just about to complete the Pro Trophy, almost 3 starred all challenges to that point :(

Yeah, it's a pretty poor show from the devs. they provided a social connected game that levels up clubs doing tour modes and then had huge server issues. it's pretty poor, but most have been eager to game on, and now clubs suffer for this..

shame, real shame .

Caporegime
As I dont have the game cant you just re-do those races once Club/Online is all working? Its definitely a poor show, since really the Autolog-like comparison was at the heart of DC from what Ive seen of it in the past. While they cant deal with the extremes of the server-loading at launch, it does feel like this game needed a smooth launch to at least attempt to rid what seems to be a very difficult development.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
One thing which bugs me about SP events. Once you have done a series championship event (or whatever it's called) and want to get all 9 stars you have to go through the whole event again rather than just doing the one you need the star for. I know you still get XP but it would be nice to just go right to the event you need.

As I dont have the game cant you just re-do those races once Club/Online is all working? Its definitely a poor show, since really the Autolog-like comparison was at the heart of DC from what Ive seen of it in the past. While they cant deal with the extremes of the server-loading at launch, it does feel like this game needed a smooth launch to at least attempt to rid what seems to be a very difficult development.

You can re-do all races but can't earn the stars again unless you delete the save.

Last edited:
Associate

You can, but you will miss out on a lot of the early "fame" you only get the first time you complete each "star" for a race / championship (I'm pretty sure you can't earn these again?), and the "fame" for the early accelerated accolades.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of that.

Soldato

You can yes.

Soldato
I have not been able to connect online at all with this. How is everyone getting online.

You're in a queue on a one out one in rule. You'll need to be online for a while before you get online. But I was on at just gone 6am this morning and was on right away. Think that was because our US friends were in bed.

Associate
I think unless they get the servers running properly very soon then the community for the game will simply die, entirely due to the issues above with the early fame boosts. The early adopters simply won't be able to level up clubs once the tour is done, and only a group of hardcore clubs will remain.

I could be wrong, but without the tour, many people will just feel that there's nothing to do, and clubs won't be levelled. I've still not even been able to see the online events let alone join one.

Its only annoying because I'm actually enjoying the game so much, but don't want to complete the tour before the servers are operational.

Soldato
Must admit, if I'd paid full retail for this I'd be a little peed off at poor start for this game. As it istands, for what I paid, I don't mind.

Soldato
I think unless they get the servers running properly very soon then the community for the game will simply die, entirely due to the issues above with the early fame boosts. The early adopters simply won't be able to level up clubs once the tour is done, and only a group of hardcore clubs will remain.

I could be wrong, but without the tour, many people will just feel that there's nothing to do, and clubs won't be levelled. I've still not even been able to see the online events let alone join one.

Its only annoying because I'm actually enjoying the game so much, but don't want to complete the tour before the servers are operational.

I hope they will add more SP events once things are sorted, that way they can make up for the "lost" xp and other rewards that would have gone towards your club.

Soldato
Must admit, if I'd paid full retail for this I'd be a little peed off at poor start for this game. As it istands, for what I paid, I don't mind.

I paid more for GTA V which had similar issues and that farce lasted a month or so. The £29 I paid for DC will be a steal once the server issues are sorted.

Caporegime
You can, but you will miss out on a lot of the early "fame" you only get the first time you complete each "star" for a race / championship (I'm pretty sure you can't earn these again?), and the "fame" for the early accelerated accolades.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with any of that.
My hopeful guess would be is that they could probably look into peoples saves and if they are in a car club assume they were in it from the start of the game and any progress you have in the SP/MP theyll move over to the club.

I cant see it being that difficult and it would appease a lot of people and I doubt there needs to be some massive investigation into the details.

So soon after launch so hopefully get some better ideas once they have the functionality totally locked down. If I were in your position and was really enjoying the game I would be tempted to just delete my save once the clubs are fully working - I dont have a clue though how much effort that could involve though...

Still not a conversation tht should be happening...

Soldato
No word on when the PS Plus version will come out. We only know it'll be once those who paid can all get online with no issues. Weather, it'll come after that but again, no date.

FFS, this is pretty bad, Bro only buys a game once a lift time so told him to wait.

Back
Top Bottom