Driveclub more details

Soldato
Rushy says:

In case you don't already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits, so they won't accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

If and when you get online, you should not have any connectivity issues during the remainder of your session. When you finish and disconnect, you'll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that's how it's working right now.

Soldato
Rushy says:

In case you don't already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits, so they won't accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

If and when you get online, you should not have any connectivity issues during the remainder of your session. When you finish and disconnect, you'll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that's how it's working right now.

^^^^That rings true with my experience all weekend.

I've been starting the game up then doing a single race or a time trail, generally within a few mins I get the green message across saying connected with servers, once in I haven't been dropped at all and have been able to stay "ONLINE" for the duration of my time in the game.

Soldato
It is somewhat farcical that the DC servers cannot cope, surely they anticipated the demand.

They probably did to some extent, but ultimately it's quite difficult to anticipate just what that demand will actually do to a network. It's an embarrassment either way though, especially when it's a problem that happens time and time again with games that have a significant online element.

Associate
Having been used to the hot hatches. I decided to do a one off time trial. In the Audi R8.

Ye gods! I nearly crapped myself, the speed is phenominal!

Haha. I think my favourite car so far is the Hennesey Venom. It's not the easiest car to handle, but really satisfying when you manage to come out of corners light on the throttle and blitz away with no wheel spin.

Soldato
If the servers are hitting their limits now, how the hell are they going to handle all the free ps+ users when/if they actually release it?

I would get a refund on the game if i didn't have to jump through hoops with Sony's CS...

Soldato
I'm not being funny but how are you both failing?

:confused:

I'm simply trying to play the game like anyone else? I don't usually get to play games until around 7.30-8.00pm so I'm guessing the servers have hit saturation point by then. It really is unacceptable for a modern, flagship game to be like this.

Edit - so right after I posted this I fired up DC as an experiment to see if I'd connect. 6am, you would imagine there is little activity. Sure enough I connected straight away, so it's definitely server load issues at the time I would normally play that is my problem.

Maybe I'll just turn my PS4 on each morning and leave it connected until night-time when I actually need it :p (probably a wise idea with the PSN maintenance later today!)

Last edited:
Soldato
It is somewhat farcical that the DC servers cannot cope, surely they anticipated the demand.

I don't think I've seen anyone attempt DC's business model before, couple that with the fact it's launched on the most popular platform that's racer starved and it looks like the amount of users attempting to connect has completely caught them out.

They've effectively DDoS'd themselves.

Caporegime
OP
I don't think I've seen anyone attempt DC's business model before, couple that with the fact it's launched on the most popular platform that's racer starved and it looks like the amount of users attempting to connect has completely caught them out.

They've effectively DDoS'd themselves.

So this makes it acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom