Driveclub more details

Soldato
Feel free to add me on PSN, I try to race clean, I may end up clipping you on the odd occasion but won't go out to do it intentionally.

I've not seen many people using my car as a break but more side swiping at high speed and forcing you onto the dirt to slow you down/get the 3 second off track penalty.

Ah okay. Surely you can counter that by braking etc. and "they'll fly right by" Part of the fun I reckon. :)

Permabanned
I guess so but why should I have to slow down just because some idiot wants to ruin my race ?

True. I think later down the line we should see features implemented like the ability to totally customize what penalties are issued in a race. I think that system needs tweaking as it is to be honest.

Soldato
True. I think later down the line we should see features implemented like the ability to totally customize what penalties are issued in a race. I think that system needs tweaking as it is to be honest.

Yeah, I've just done an event where I was approaching a chicane and slowed down (maybe too much) got rear ended by the AI car, sent flying over the corner and I get the penalty for corner cutting :D

Soldato
I guess so but why should I have to slow down just because some idiot wants to ruin my race ?

It depends if you want to have fun or win I guess. If you just want to win, do what's needed.

So tempted to buy this still. I bet this server problems start to disappear as people give up and get refunds etc.

Permabanned
Yeah, I've just done an event where I was approaching a chicane and slowed down (maybe too much) got rear ended by the AI car, sent flying over the corner and I get the penalty for corner cutting :D

Yep, it's not perfect that's for sure. I can see the sense in it though

Permabanned
I think I'll wait a little longer to see how it pans out. I don't really want to support a major f up, though they do seem to be doing their best to resolve things.

To be fair to them yeah, they are trying. Still doesn't forgive the fact it should have been working for launch, but they said themselves they'd ran all the appropriate server load tests. Guess it's just one of those things.

Soldato
I think a lot of the crashing is people just not knowing the tracks rather than deliberate smashing into people. Also getting to race in something like the Atom with its insane acceleration. Doesn't really matter if you're in a Cooper as they are quite forgiving. The faster cars though can be hard to control at high speed if you're not used to them. Sure there will always be cocks too but it isn't only that.

I think a lot will filter out when they're bored (move on to the next game etc) and the ones who want to be good at the game will remain to knock tenths off best times and properly learn the tracks. When everyone knows the tracks by heart the racing will be epic.

Soldato
Got on my first online race this morning, was a bit laggy, I guess this will improve over time when everything is fixed.

I came 3rd, overall most raced good had the odd **** that preferred banger racing style.

Soldato
Able to get online finally, looks like 2 spaces free in Influx Racing for anyone interested

Club is still low level as people have had issues getting online but should level fast enough once the server issues get fixed.

My psn is Sharpy_NI if anyone wants an invite while im online

/edit

Spoke too soon connection lost, sighhhhhhh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom