• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

BornEvil, I think it's only fair you remove my week 20 entry from the database mate :) I sold the chip and although that result (prime BLEND stable) stands, I couldn't get it prime small FFTs stable until 1.44v :rolleyes:

Hopefully the Q822A435 I have coming will be better, and that WILL be in the database :D I just don't think its fair to include that week 20 result as (1) it didn't meet the criteria - ie small ffts - AND (2) I no longer own it. Cheers.

@ Devious

How come Core Temp shows a TJ. Max of 95C. Shouldn't it be 100C?

It was 100c by default but when it differed to real temp I had a read around to find out what was correct, there are lots of conflicting arguments out there but one sounded convincing as 95c.

Ive since changed it back to 100c but apparantly the correct figure changes slightly from cpu to cpu so its probably somewhere in between.

im hoping to get an E8600 under water within a month, so im hoping it will hit atleast 4.7

Not going to happen (24/7 stable rig)... unless you are using chilled water, TEC/peltier or similar.

I have a triple 120mm rad, high CFM fans. Laing DDC 18W Ultra c/w XSPC top reservoir and D-TEK Fuzion V.2 on a dedicated loop for my E8600. Sure I can get into Windows @ 4.7GHz, game and bench. HOWEVER, Prime will fail in lees than 20 mins or so.

Just got back from holiday and caught up on thread so sorry for quoting late on this post. ;)

Sorry to go off topic... was reading Custom PC mag whilst away... Scan "The Great White" LOL £££££

Last edited:
Not going to happen (24/7 stable rig)... unless you are using chilled water, TEC/peltier or similar.

I have a triple 120mm rad, high CFM fans. Laing DDC 18W Ultra c/w XSPC top reservoir and D-TEK Fuzion V.2 on a dedicated loop for my E8600. Sure I can get into Windows @ 4.7GHz, game and bench. HOWEVER, Prime will fail in lees than 20 mins or so.

As someone that has a 24/7 stable clock at 5.1ghz and working on 5.2ghz, i simply do not agree with your statement at all. Phase, which i am using, will only get 300mhz/400mhz more than very good air or water on a 24/7 stable basis. So those peeps here looking for 4.7ghz under water/good air with the right cpu, can more than expect to reach it. It's not easy, and will take the right mobo and ram, but it can be done. With all due respect, a 790i was'nt the best choice of mobo if you want to clock the nuts off an E8600, so perhaps if you want a higher clock, something else may be a better bet.

As someone that has a 24/7 stable clock at 5.1ghz and working on 5.2ghz, i simply do not agree with your statement at all. Phase, which i am using, will only get 300mhz/400mhz more than very good air or water on a 24/7 stable basis. So those peeps here looking for 4.7ghz under water/good air with the right cpu, can more than expect to reach it. It's not easy, and will take the right mobo and ram, but it can be done. With all due respect, a 790i was'nt the best choice of mobo if you want to clock the nuts off an E8600, so perhaps if you want a higher clock, something else may be a better bet.

OK, please feel free to point me in the direction of someone that has managed a fully Prime stable 4.7GHz~ clock on air or water.

In addition, intel chipsets are very poor when it comes to high DDR3 clocks, as most people will agree.

Which board would you suggest I use, as my OC is poor? :confused:

With all due respect to you, I made my hardware choices very carefully and like to think I know what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Peeps wanting to get to 4.7ghz is an aspiration, as you know full well, it has'nt been done yet and i did'nt say that it has. What i did say was "So those peeps here looking for 4.7ghz under water/good air with the right cpu, can more than expect to reach it. It's not easy, and will take the right mobo and ram, but it can be done." It's only a matter of time.

We are not talking about wether "intel chipsets are very poor when it comes to high DDR3 clocks", this whole thread is purely about cpu speed, not ram. I also did'nt say your clock was poor, in fact it is very very good. It is well known that Intel chipsets are a much better match for Intel cpu's than Nvidia, and usually get higher clocks (and more stable clocks at that). You obviously have a good cpu and in my opinion it will go higher on an Intel chipset than your current one.

Just got mine this morning from Devious and have it in at 9x500 giving me 4.5GHz.

Idle temps according to coretemp are 32c and under load was 50c thats at 1.3v

Gonna prime it now to see if its totally stable at these settings.

Peeps wanting to get to 4.7ghz is an aspiration, as you know full well, it has'nt been done yet and i did'nt say that it has. What i did say was "So those peeps here looking for 4.7ghz under water/good air with the right cpu, can more than expect to reach it. It's not easy, and will take the right mobo and ram, but it can be done." It's only a matter of time.

We are not talking about wether "intel chipsets are very poor when it comes to high DDR3 clocks", this whole thread is purely about cpu speed, not ram. I also did'nt say your clock was poor, in fact it is very very good. It is well known that Intel chipsets are a much better match for Intel cpu's than Nvidia, and usually get higher clocks (and more stable clocks at that). You obviously have a good cpu and in my opinion it will go higher on an Intel chipset than your current one.

Yea, sorry about throwing DDR3 into the mix.

Look, ll I'm saying is that people can't "more than expect to reach it". 4.7GHz fully stable on air or water is a pipe dream on this chip IMHO. When someone proves me wrong I'll gladly eat a big fat slice of humble pie.

Fair enough? ;)

Just got mine this morning from Devious and have it in at 9x500 giving me 4.5GHz.

Idle temps according to coretemp are 32c and under load was 50c thats at 1.3v

Gonna prime it now to see if its totally stable at these settings.

My guess is Prime will fail in a few minutes or so.

If it does... try 1.35V.

Was going to get one of the week 22's of Devious myself, unfortunatly the head gasket went on my car on the way home so I need the money for that now instead!

Good luck to all who got one, I'm not jealous at all, honest :p

Back
Top Bottom