• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Yep very nice, definately got a good one there, mremulator.

It's just a shame the majority of 8600's don't clock as well.

Out of interest, what's the max clocks you can acheive for benching?

Woo, Looks like I've got the same batch as you mremulator, hopefully once I get a new motherboard I can start getting some decent clocks. My current motherboard(in sig, which coincidently I need up change) is being a royal PITA at the moment, Overclocks, getting memory to work, etc.

Woo, Looks like I've got the same batch as you mremulator, hopefully once I get a new motherboard I can start getting some decent clocks. My current motherboard(in sig, which coincidently I need up change) is being a royal PITA at the moment, Overclocks, getting memory to work, etc.

Did you buy it from OCUK? (the E8600)

The low VID of 1.1500V on this batch definitely helps. I also had to increase my FSB voltage to 1.4V and NB voltage to 1.5V.

The 790i chipset is very fussy when it comes to voltages, however, get it right and you are rewarded with a fast and stable OC. :)

My CPU came from OcUK BTW.

Damn, I was completely wrong about my E8600, this thing is actually pretty good and I only just realized. It's possible my most recent OC is partly due to a modded BIOS I'm using for the P5Q-E. Or maybe I just hit the right settings? Who knows... but anyway, I took this CPU to 4.00GHz without going over the stock voltage, which was manually entered in the BIOS at 1.25V. Actually, my board under-volts, according to CPU-Z, because the BIOS setting is 1.28V, whereas CPU-Z has it at 1.256 under load, and 1.248 at idle. Temps barely changed from stock 3.33GHz.

Best thing about this OC is I'm still using the stock cooler. We all know how bad this is, so once it's replaced I'm expecting even more success. This CPU is starting to kick ass. :)

For those who don't know, week/batch is supposedly a "bad" one: Q820A670. Well, I also thought it was bad until today. I know it's no major OC, but the fact is I was thinking I had a dog on my hands here, and of course I'm running on the worst cooling imaginable. For Asus P5Q series users having trouble with E8600's, I'd recommend trying the modded BIOS. I'm using m1306.

Link: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200109

Damn, I was completely wrong about my E8600, this thing is actually pretty good and I only just realized. It's possible my most recent OC is partly due to a modded BIOS I'm using for the P5Q-E. Or maybe I just hit the right settings? Who knows... but anyway, I took this CPU to 4.00GHz without going over the stock voltage, which was manually entered in the BIOS at 1.25V. Actually, my board under-volts, according to CPU-Z, because the BIOS setting is 1.28V, whereas CPU-Z has it at 1.256 under load, and 1.248 at idle. Temps barely changed from stock 3.33GHz.

Best thing about this OC is I'm still using the stock cooler. We all know how bad this is, so once it's replaced I'm expecting even more success. This CPU is starting to kick ass. :)

For those who don't know, week/batch is supposedly a "bad" one: Q820A670. Well, I also thought it was bad until today. I know it's no major OC, but the fact is I was thinking I had a dog on my hands here, and of course I'm running on the worst cooling imaginable. For Asus P5Q series users having trouble with E8600's, I'd recommend trying the modded BIOS. I'm using m1306.

Link: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200109

keep at it....i'm quite happy with my week 20.....just requires shed loads of volts...

probably shorten the life of my chip but oh well.........probably swap to nahalem anyway!!

I took the plunge and ordered one of these (for better or worse?) yesterday :D Provided City Link don't pull their usual tricks again, I'll be building later on. I waited in the front room with the door open for TEN HOURS yesterday for my mobo, tracking reference in hand. I'm disabled and house bound for the most part, so I certainly didn't go anywhere. No parcel. According to City Link there was nobody in so they left a card (must be the invisible type) :rolleyes:

Providing they turn up today, I'll be putting together:

Biostar TPower I45, E8600, 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC6400C4 RAM, OCZ Vendetta 2 with OCZ Freeze, GeForce 8600GT, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200rpm 32MB cache hdd.

Roll on! It'll be my first full build (I've always had help before) so we'll see what I manage to break/blow up :cool:

I took the plunge and ordered one of these (for better or worse?) yesterday :D Provided City Link don't pull their usual tricks again, I'll be building later on. I waited in the front room with the door open for TEN HOURS yesterday for my mobo, tracking reference in hand. I'm disabled and house bound for the most part, so I certainly didn't go anywhere. No parcel. According to City Link there was nobody in so they left a card (must be the invisible type) :rolleyes:

Providing they turn up today, I'll be putting together:

Biostar TPower I45, E8600, 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC6400C4 RAM, OCZ Vendetta 2 with OCZ Freeze, GeForce 8600GT, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200rpm 32MB cache hdd.

Roll on! It'll be my first full build (I've always had help before) so we'll see what I manage to break/blow up :cool:

So you still have'nt got it?

We know roughly what that boards capable of so it will be interesting to see how it goes with a E8600 (week 22 preferably).

So you still have'nt got it?

We know roughly what that boards capable of so it will be interesting to see how it goes with a E8600 (week 22 preferably).

Nope, not yet :rolleyes: City Link's regional manager just called. She said she'd phoned the depot manager and asked him to get the driver on the phone for her (eek!). She said the driver was ringing out to voice mail :o I asked if that meant he was slacking off again like yesterday lol

To be fair she agreed he hadn't done his job and said she'd left instructions with the depot manager. He has to get hold of the driver no matter what, and tell him that I'm definitely in and that regional are on the case. If he gets to "my" house today and nobody answers, it's because he's at the wrong house again. He's not allowed to "not" deliver my packages today without ringing regional first, for them to ring me whilst he waits. So, provided that happens, win!

I can't wait to see how this kit goes together. So long as the E8600 is a decent one it should fly along *crosses everything*

Nope, not yet :rolleyes: City Link's regional manager just called. She said she'd phoned the depot manager and asked him to get the driver on the phone for her (eek!). She said the driver was ringing out to voice mail :o I asked if that meant he was slacking off again like yesterday lol

To be fair she agreed he hadn't done his job and said she'd left instructions with the depot manager. He has to get hold of the driver no matter what, and tell him that I'm definitely in and that regional are on the case. If he gets to "my" house today and nobody answers, it's because he's at the wrong house again. He's not allowed to "not" deliver my packages today without ringing regional first, for them to ring me whilst he waits. So, provided that happens, win!

I can't wait to see how this kit goes together. So long as the E8600 is a decent one it should fly along *crosses everything*

This whole motherboard thing has turned out to be a bit of a saga for you. After all the original hassle and now with Citilink you must be so frustrated. I would have a thing or two to say to the driver when he decides to turn up. Citilink are a joke. No wonder their parent group is losing money hand over fist. Then again, i suppose a courier firm is only as good as it's drivers. Hope it turn's up today.

Yeah, fingers crossed :) No point freaking out on the driver, I tried that last time and you just get the "it was someone else yesterday, they sent me to make sure it gets here" routine. Then again, I could always just tell him to pass it along when he gets back, then ;)

Bah just had my 2nd E8600 delivered, same week 20 and same batch as my current one, being rma'd back unwanted today!

Let me know what batch you get Rainmaker, wondering if all OCUK's stock is now the not so good week20 670 batch.

Well, they're here! Driver had some lame excuse about staff rotations (and squirmed a LOT lol) but meh... Anyways... Week 20. Now do I see what it's got or do I return it and wait a week? I've seen a LOT of good clocks on week 20. Hmm...

EDIT: In full it's Q820A670 as above ("the bad one") :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom