Ebay + Youtube + Piracy = LOL

I don't give a horses about it I still use my discs such as Mass Effect, I don't mind stuffing my cd in to play a game. But I just thought that was the norm.
It always seems that the most fun things in life tend to be illegal... ;) :p

I have no problem with noCD cracks, in fact I even coded 1 or 2 when I was learning assembley language as a technical excercise, but there's a world of difference between just using using one of a game you've paid for compared to selling PC's loaded with ripped off software.

No, it's large scale piracy, which is not the same as stealing...

How? Since when did piracy NOT become stealing? He isn't paying for a premium product distributed by a manufacture/developer that has a price on it. And he's getting multiple copies for nothing. Last time I heard that was stealing...

No, I disagree, imo the BUYER is supposed to request for an insured parcel and pay extra for it, after all, the seller did nothing wrong if a courier damaged something...

I'm not exactly sure what ebay's terms of use are, but he should be perfectly able to make his own terms imo, don't like it don't buy it...

you are wrong. Under ebay and law.

Mods. Can I make a plea with you that under no circumstances will you make this thread vanish away into moderator land? There's no danger of competition with OcUK.

I'm hoping the guy comes on here and starts arguing, I think it could turn out to be a beautiful thread.

This thread is unbeleivable. You agree with selling pirated games on ebay :/
I don't agree nor disagree with the principle, nothing to do with me...
I myself used to buy pirated games when I was 12 before I learned ''stuff'', infact I learned from one of those sellers... Did I care whether it was legal or not? No, All I wanted was the game for as little money as possible.
Maybe the guy is snowdogs dad! :eek:
Sure, my dad is an asian guy living in the UK selling on ebay :D. Believe me my dad doesn't know squat about games, every time a customer asks about games, he asks me to come down lol :D.
How? Since when did piracy NOT become stealing? He isn't paying for a premium product distributed by a manufacture/developer that has a price on it. And he's getting multiple copies for nothing. Last time I heard that was stealing...
It never was stealing by any law, stealing is what anti piracy organizations call it as propoganda...
you are wrong under law.
In which case imo the law about consumer protection has gone way too far. Some bloody responsibility is required from buyers too.
Under ebay
Lucky I never use ebay to sell anyways, and we have a more popular advert site here in Holland that focuses on pickup buys mainly ( run/bought up by ebay ironically, but it beats the ebay system which is appalling for sellers imo)...

Last edited:
Ive reported him, who knows if anything will happen though, makes me wonder how much stolen/pirated stuff is on the bay.
Nice one, let us know if they send you any reply.

I used to work for a place which produced DVD's, and part of my job was to report people selling copies of our DVD's on ebay...

Often Ebay would only pull the offending DVD's, yet the same seller would then list more pirated DVD's! The seller eventually got banned, but only after selling or listing loads of dodgy DVD's.

Now you're comparing apples to oranges... :rolleyes:.
I don't even see how you can compare piracy to selling drugs to kids...

No, it's large scale piracy, which is not the same as stealing...

well no, you're saying that because there's a market for his illicit goods, that it's ok to sell it.
yes, drugs and pirate games are different materials, but the fact is just because people may want it, doesn't mean it should be ignored
Piracy IS stealing, we've all seen the adverts in cinemas :p and as I'm trying to get a career in the games industry, it's basically stealing from me, and the way you're going on, you make it sound like stealing other people's work is an ok practice to you, people work hard on a project for months, and get no credit for it, just some yob making x amount of copies and throwing them about the place

To be entirely honest, if I was him right here and now...

...I'd ignore this thread entirely and get back on with making money, some keyboard warriors having a rant would be utterly irrelevant.

Do you really think he doesn't know the software is illegal?

What a tool. Not only does he openly admit many times it's all pirated, he actually provides the video evidence to boot. :o Oh and clip #2 shows his hand, and it looks distinctly Asian to match his accent. :p

Did anyone watch clip #2? Vista was well over 20 "revolutions" of the loading bar before finally starting to load. Feel the p0wahz! Don't forget this software is all free, you just have to say 'thank you' basically to the seller... ahahahaha....

To be entirely honest, if I was him right here and now...

...I'd ignore this thread entirely and get back on with making money, some keyboard warriors having a rant would be utterly irrelevant.

Do you really think he doesn't know the software is illegal?

Killjoy. It was fun until you said that :(

Back
Top Bottom