*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
Still getting some long micro stutters when playing this game. Are you guys just not getting them or just happy to look past the glitches?

Still waiting for a fix

They happen but they're pretty infrequent. Annoying if they happen during a critical point in a fight though.

Certainly not enough to make me not want to play.

Some people have reported that using a tool like afterburner to apply an FPS limit at 60 helps with frametimes. I tried doing that in the Radeon software and didn't notice any difference though.

Soldato
They happen but they're pretty infrequent. Annoying if they happen during a critical point in a fight though.

Certainly not enough to make me not want to play.

Some people have reported that using a tool like afterburner to apply an FPS limit at 60 helps with frametimes. I tried doing that in the Radeon software and didn't notice any difference though.

I was getting screen tearing even on my g-sync monitor. What fixed it for me was setting FPS max to 60FPS within the nvidia control panel.

Soldato
Still getting some long micro stutters when playing this game. Are you guys just not getting them or just happy to look past the glitches?

Still waiting for a fix

I couldn't even play the game comfortably on 4790k but I've recently switched platforms and Alder Lake i7 has enough grunt to overpower the terrible optimisation and stutters are minimal now, even the Tree Sentinel fight was smooth. It was hell before, dips to 45-50 and jittery as hell. Now it's also installed on a Samsung 980 Pro to be safe.

Still, there's no excuse for this sort of stuff and the engine isn't really suited for open world.
I still get dips in dense forests at 1440p maxed but that's my 2070S probably as GPU usage reaches 98% whereas the CPU sits between 16-20%.

Associate
Thanks for the responses all - i will give the fps limit trick a go and see if that helps. Currently running 5900x/3090 so platform should not be an issue.

Seems like its fixed on steam deck so hopefully they can implement on full pc version soon

Associate
I was getting screen tearing even on my g-sync monitor. What fixed it for me was setting FPS max to 60FPS within the nvidia control panel.
I've not had any tearing issues with Freesync, only the occasional frame drops which is a known issue, developers acknowledged and stated they're working on it.

Soldato
Okay, defeated
Dragon Lord Placidusax

That was a fun fight. Took a right battering the first time in, and then got one-shotted - but to a really cool move. So much so I wasn't even mad. Heart pounding on my victory run as his health was running low, but he was also pulling off shock and awe moves left and right that chunked my health if I got caught by them. Good epic feel to that one.

Regarding performance, I don't know if it was touched in a patch, but it's felt much better recently and I don't think I've changed anything. The mountaintop was pretty bad, but since then I've barely noticed any stutters. Of course, it is fair to say there shouldn't have been any anyway, and certainly not to the extent there has been. I am a huge FromSoft fan and loving the game, but have to concede it was not released in a well-optimised state at all.

Associate
Regarding performance, I don't know if it was touched in a patch, but it's felt much better recently and I don't think I've changed anything. The mountaintop was pretty bad, but since then I've barely noticed any stutters. Of course, it is fair to say there shouldn't have been any anyway, and certainly not to the extent there has been. I am a huge FromSoft fan and loving the game, but have to concede it was not released in a well-optimised state at all.

To be fair to them, their releases on PC have been getting better on that front. The PC port of DS2 was awful, and DS3 was marginally better but still bad (improving with later patches). This is probably the best a Fromsoftware title has been on PC at launch.

Soldato
Finally beat the Red Wolf and Renala today - although I did cheese it a little with the sword of night and flame +10. I'm new to the souls type games so learning as I go. Have re-specced to put a lean on arcane as well for some blood build up damage. Will probably have a go at a mage at some point as well. This game has so much re-playability its incredible.

Soldato
Hardest Fight I've had so far was the 3 Crystalians in a cave. Just ridiculous. I cheesed them in the end by attacking through the fog wall with Rock Sling and chipping away at their health.

Also, the cave I found them in was ridiculous. It is part of a quest and there is pretty much no way to find it without following a guide which is what I did after thoroughly searching the place I was told to look in by an npc and finding nothing!

Man of Honour
Hardest Fight I've had so far was the 3 Crystalians in a cave. Just ridiculous. I cheesed them in the end by attacking through the fog wall with Rock Sling and chipping away at their health.

Also, the cave I found them in was ridiculous. It is part of a quest and there is pretty much no way to find it without following a guide which is what I did after thoroughly searching the place I was told to look in by an npc and finding nothing!

I do ok against them because they are very weak to blunt weapons so a good few whacks with a mace and its broken crystals all over the floor :D

Man of Honour
It's well overpriced that's a good enough reason not to buy it waiting on 50% off min.
Suck at Dark Souls games never completed one, usually get bored half way through.

The price is subjective though really, I base all my "was a game worth the money" on the popular £ per hour scheme. I paid 37.99 for Elden Ring, meaning that in order to achieve the £ per hour, I would have to get a minimum of 38 hours out of the game. However, my current played time according to Steam is 204 and a half hours. Far in excess of the £ per hour, in fact thats 19 pence per hour. Truth be told, there is pretty much no other form of entertainment that I can enjoy for the princely sum of 19p per hour :D

It's well overpriced that's a good enough reason not to buy it waiting on 50% off min.
Suck at Dark Souls games never completed one, usually get bored half way through so want it half price lol.

Its 37 quid on cd keys and activates on Steam just like as if you bought it on there, if it's your kind of game then it's worth every penny, very refreshing to see a developer pour their heart and soul into making such a great title and not shoehorn the crappy loot boxes in etc. Just look at EA for example, it's becoming a rare thing that such quality is released sadly.

Associate
Its 37 quid on cd keys and activates on Steam just like as if you bought it on there, if it's your kind of game then it's worth every penny, very refreshing to see a developer pour their heart and soul into making such a great title and not shoehorn the crappy loot boxes in etc. Just look at EA for example, it's becoming a rare thing that such quality is released sadly.

I just hope they don't cave to the vocal minority wanting every fight nerfed or an "easy mode" added. The Radahn nerf went too far IMO, that fight is way too easy now.

Soldato
Yeah fantastic game, not ready for ng+ atm will wait a few months. But no other game is holding my attention after playing this.

Got Dying Light 2 for free, can't even be bothered to fire it up, lol. I can feel ER is one of those rare games that will just hook me in for hours on end till completion, even though I prefer BB and Sekiro to DS.

The best thing is I'm very early into the game and have already discovered many great locations.

I just hope they don't cave to the vocal minority wanting every fight nerfed or an "easy mode" added. The Radahn nerf went too far IMO, that fight is way too easy now.

Damn, this sucks, I wanted to try story bosses before any nerfs, I guess that's what I get for being a month late to the party:/

Back
Top Bottom