*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
You've got to play a fair bit through to access the DLC, so you'll be fine.

Just remember, souls type games like to mess with players a bit, or at least test their resolve, but Elden Ring is the most accessible simply because you can go mostly wherever you want if you get stuck. By the time there are any real roadblocks, you'll have learned the ways of the game and what it will take to beat it.

You're supposed to be weak at the start and not expected to beat everything, many players rage quit due to getting beaten early game, but it's part of the game. One of the best games series ever to learn from any mistakes in game. It's tough but mostly all fair.

Soldato
I'm loving this so far. I think I might have over leveled myself a bit as I was exploring and found loads of caves with bosses and before I knew it I was level 40 and not done the first story boss yet...

Soldato
I'm loving this so far. I think I might have over leveled myself a bit as I was exploring and found loads of caves with bosses and before I knew it I was level 40 and not done the first story boss yet...

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Most of the bosses can humble you regardless of your level. Actually so can a lot of the normal enemies.

Soldato
I am going to give the new DLC a try again but I could never get into Elden Ring like the previous souls game. When I played demon souls on ps5 it set a standard which fromsoft has not been able to match yet, demon souls remake spoilt me. Its mostly to do with how smooth and polished the game is compared to elden rig and every other fromsoft game tbh. Putting aside the graphics, its the fight and hit box mechanics. Elden ring still feels like dark souls 3/2/1 in the mechanics. Its not smooth and the weird hit boxes still persists.For example a boss doing a forward kick attack while your being behind him and getting hit still, many other examples I can list.

Its obvious the underlying is still an unpolished mechanic that demon souls remake just does not exhibit even though they still employ the same thing practically, but one is so much more polished smooth, better employed and optimised hit detection.

I don't expect dark souls 1/2/3 or sekiro to be like demon souls but did expect elden ring to be and its not. From soft has improved from dark souls 3 to elden ring but demon sould shows whats possible and what it should have been. I still think all fromsoft games are amazing including elden ring but the need to upgrade the mechanics like demon souls. Sometimes I think its all in my head but every time I play both there is a perceived difference to me anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
As much as I couldn't be ar$ed with D2's dlc, this is an absolute most buy for me, so much so after saying I wouldn't pre-order games again (Redfall, SSKTJ looking at you....) this was a no brainer and pre-ordered. Really looking forward to getting back into Elden Ring and seeing what the expansion has in store, whilst it might not be as big as the main game it sounds like there's still a lot of content packed in. I can already feel a NG+ playthrough coming on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't even kill Margit as melee lol. If it wasn't for rock sling and ashes I'd never have finished it the first time around.
You’re using spirit ashes or ? I believe you can get rotten stray spirit ash which inflicts him with rot. Makes the fight a lot easier (I didn’t fight him this way tho :p )

Associate
Margit was a bugger to kill on my first playthrough, I kept trying to dodge his attacks at the start of the swing on his attacks only to realise the git had held his attack and then swatted me. I also found about fat rolling on that fight...

Soldato
Margit was a bugger to kill on my first playthrough, I kept trying to dodge his attacks at the start of the swing on his attacks only to realise the git had held his attack and then swatted me. I also found about fat rolling on that fight...

Generally rolling into attacks seems to work best for me most of the time.

Soldato
You can kill any boss at rune level 1, yup.

TBH considering I had a full cleared save on PS5. I'm wondering if I can just cheat on PC to get back to where I was and then play the DLC normally. Might have to play offline but thats ok, not like I'll miss the silly messages.
Shame it isn't cross-save.

Associate
Same here - I explored the entirety of Limgrave & Weeping Peninsular, killed all the bosses I could find, including the dragon.
Found myself at lvl 40 before heading in to Stormveil Castle for the first time. Either I was overlevelled or had 'got gud', as Margit was a challenge but more manageable encounter than I had expected...

Back
Top Bottom