*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Same here - I explored the entirety of Limgrave & Weeping Peninsular, killed all the bosses I could find, including the dragon.
Found myself at lvl 40 before heading in to Stormveil Castle for the first time. Either I was overlevelled or had 'got gud', as Margit was a challenge but more manageable encounter than I had expected...
It just felt like more of a natural progression to me to explore a bit, rather than following the grace direction immediately. I'd seen so many streamers rush straight there and then proceed to spend the next 10 hours re-trying the boss. I feel like my 10 hours were more fun exploring and doing the dungeons and mini bosses, instead of re-trying the same boss over and over. I do feel like I over leveled a bit though as I managed to kill him in 3 tries with the samurai sword :D .

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm currently at Farum Azula on my second playthrough - hadn't played since my initial completion of the game a couple of years ago so its taken a bit of time to dust off the cobwebs. Really looking forward to the DLC drop soon :)

Soldato
I'm currently at Farum Azula on my second playthrough - hadn't played since my initial completion of the game a couple of years ago so its taken a bit of time to dust off the cobwebs. Really looking forward to the DLC drop soon :)
The difficulty jumps up a tad for the haligtree and farum Azula I found.

I found myself praying for the boss room around every corner for the haligtree :D

Soldato
The difficulty jumps up a tad for the haligtree and farum Azula I found.

I found myself praying for the boss room around every corner for the haligtree :D
Yeah, its pretty full on! I managed to get past Loretta pretty easily but really struggling with Malenia this time around.

Soldato
Yeah, its pretty full on! I managed to get past Loretta pretty easily but really struggling with Malenia this time around.
Aye. Loretta was a bit of a cakewalk. Malenia took me two or three attempts. I was running dark moon great sword though, which completely melts bosses.

Associate
I've got two characters set that I could jump in with next weekend, a Dark Moon sword build that absolutely starched the entire game last time around, or I've got a Dex/Arcane build where I was using the Bloody Helice. That one was super fun to play as well, the weapon art feels so good.

I think I'll be on high alert to avoid any content now though until I've cleared the DLC, the reveal trailer and lore trailer have been more than enough and no doubt every boss or secret will be spoiled within a day or so and posted everywhere, these games deserve you going in blind.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got two characters set that I could jump in with next weekend, a Dark Moon sword build that absolutely starched the entire game last time around, or I've got a Dex/Arcane build where I was using the Bloody Helice. That one was super fun to play as well, the weapon art feels so good.

I think I'll be on high alert to avoid any content now though until I've cleared the DLC, the reveal trailer and lore trailer have been more than enough and no doubt every boss or secret will be spoiled within a day or so and posted everywhere, these games deserve you going in blind.
I had no idea about this weapon - decided to try a respec into an Intelligence build to weild it and its an absolute beast. Managed to destroy the dragon knight, Maliketh and Godfrey last night with it (Terra Magica gives it a nice boost with the Jar Shard, and Godfreys Icon)

Soldato
I had no idea about this weapon - decided to try a respec into an Intelligence build to weild it and its an absolute beast. Managed to destroy the dragon knight, Maliketh and Godfrey last night with it (Terra Magica gives it a nice boost with the Jar Shard, and Godfreys Icon)
Pretty much one of the best - if not the best, weapon in the game.

Man of Honour
Saw yesterday that only 38% of players, according to Steam, have actually killed the Mohg boss that you have to kill to access the DLC lands, so quite a hefty amount of people who cant even enter the DLC lands yet

Soldato
Saw yesterday that only 38% of players, according to Steam, have actually killed the Mohg boss that you have to kill to access the DLC lands, so quite a hefty amount of people who cant even enter the DLC lands yet
Some people who haven’t done any research on the dlc gonna be reaaaal disappointed come release day :p

I’m all set. Done mohg and radahn. (Haven’t bothered with sewer mohg)

Soldato
Be careful if you don't want story spoilers; because reviewers have full copies of the DLC they are leaking details online, there is even some gameplay videos floating around, most are now copyright struck down.

I skipped over anything regarding story, but some interesting bits I did read was:

* Game has 10 main bosses, almost all are as hard as the Malenia fight from the base game

* There is actually 3 different end game bosses; I didn't read further so I don't know if the final fight is 3 different bosses at once or if it's because there is one boss for each type of ending for the game. I suspect though that the DLC has different endings but I can't confirm I didn't read that

* I've read the list of the 10 main bosses but won't list the name cause spoilers

* people say there is some reused assets and enemies from the base game

* Estimate time to do everything in the DLC is 50 to 60 hours (about half the time it takes for the base game)

* Most bosses have multiple phases for their fights

* Lots of cool new dragon themed weapons, apparently there is lots of dragons

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom