*** Elden Ring ***

I've basically cheesed the game this time around. I've had to redo the game on XBox as there is no cross progression, and with a newborn in our room where my PC is I'm relegated to the couch. I have semi-blitzed this playthrough as I put about 120 hours in the first time!

I've basically cheesed the game this time around. I've had to redo the game on XBox as there is no cross progression, and with a newborn in our room where my PC is I'm relegated to the couch. I have semi-blitzed this playthrough as I put about 120 hours in the first time!

Similar situation, different circumstances. Playing through on the PS5 for the first time, with all my main playthroughs being on PC. Only on the PS5 I'm forcing my self to play ONLY strength. No armour, just big bonks!

Currently using a heavy Greatsword with warrior cry, got Margit down last night after a LOT of trial and error at lv23, but I am absolutely loving this playstyle. Rather than just cheesing with a bleed build as I've previously done to run through the game, I'm really having to take a step back and learn. I'm thoroughly in love with strength builds now, dex and magic has nothing on it :D

Last edited:
Great session last night, I farmed some holyproof dried livers and then beat Radagon/Elden Beast within 3 attempts after spending 20+ the night before and getting nowhere, huge damage reduction on holy (35%) really made the difference.

Then, after many unsuccesful attempts to best Malenia last night, I switched out the Sword Talisman (extra damage buff at full health) for the Shielddrake Talisman+2) and the beat her on my second attempt. It really helps with surviving the waterfoul!

Ended up at level 152 after spending the runes from those two so perfectly aligned and ready for the DLC (£27.49 on cdkeys vs £40 on the xbox store)

Almost ready with a new character. Playing through without bell summons thins time. I'll generally use gold ones - though not expecting Fromsoft to give us gold crutches in the DLC.

I don't like the idea of setting fire to Melina this play through. But I won't have time before DLC launch to beat Melenia and cure myself.
So am thinking of not doing Farum Azula before going to the DLC. This means no end game Bell Bearings. And hard decisions on what weapons to upgrade.

Which is a problem as I can't quite decide on a weapon to get a build going around. Currently I'm using Death's Poker (mostly str greatsword) with a shield. And swapping to pogo-stick jumping attack power stance 2x Greatswords style for bosses that AOE attack hard. Some bosses I find shield to be pretty poor against. Generally AOEs and occasinal ones that don't allow for counters. Great for base game (I did the final game boss on my first character with 2x Greatswords). But I don't think a one trick pogo-pony jump attack build will cut it for the DLC bosses.

So I'm thinking of picking a basic colossal sword or colossal mace/club to try out. Just not given myself much time to experiment.

Edit: Added a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
The only character I have is my lv 185 strength tactics build in NG+. Had just defeated Morgott, so still have a way to go to get to Moghywn, even though I did beat him in NG.

Hopefully the DLC is balanced as I have 80 strength in this build and a selection of maxed out str weapons including the Lance, giant stone hammer, Grand epee, Guts greatsword, Vyke's spear, plus tactical options the multi shot crossbow and Godwin's dragon flame arm. Along with maxed shields including the flame head and fingerprint.

Still my only build I've played, though have many other builds in other souls games. I stuck with str build pre buffs, now it's very powerful, the Lance with a top quality shield is amazing defensively, can poke with the shield up, lance the hardest hitting weapon that lets you do that. + 25 lance has A str scaling, underrated weapon.

Hopefully DLC not too hard in NG+ as I'm sticking with the 185, too much time invested in it.

I think the DLC is supposed to level things out and have its own levelling system while letting you still use weapons and armour you've unlocked or levelled up. So hopefully it'll be alright even in NG+. You have to get to and kill Moghwyn to access it, so all will already have some kind of capable build going on to even get to the DLC.

Aye. As far as I’ve read (I want to avoid spoilers so haven’t actually read up on that much..) your level won’t really make that much difference. My character is 173 so going in with that.

I think the DLC is supposed to level things out and have its own levelling system while letting you still use weapons and armour you've unlocked or levelled up. So hopefully it'll be alright even in NG+. You have to get to and kill Moghwyn to access it, so all will already have some kind of capable build going on to even get to the DLC.
Yes, I've killed him in my current game but I've used all my high level smithing stones. It feels like I could start a new game to get a fresh run at upgrading, but it would take forever to be able to access the DLC.

It's a really weird way to implement a DLC, IMO.

Last edited:
Yes, I've killed him in my current game but I've used all my high level smithing stones. It feels like I could start a new game to get a fresh run at upgrading, but it would take forever to be able to access the DLC.

It's a really weird way to implement a DLC, IMO.
The dlc is accessible in a few hours if you know what you’re doing / your build, and where to go.

I haven’t read anything about the dlc.. but there could be ancient smithing stones within

So my primary character (Mage) is NG+3 and ready, Im resting at Mausoleum Midpoint grace ready for the DLC. Just for fun I thought I would start a Palladin and go down the Chaos Lord playthrough and Im completely stumped. How do I get to Farum Azula after burning the Erdtree? If I burn the Erdtree rather than Melina do I lock myself out of Farum Azula? I have spent the last 2 evenings wandering around but this has got me completely stumped. I remember feeling stumped was a normal occurrence during my first playthrough :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom