*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
Loaded up ER briefly this morning, games started off running smooth but after a few minutes started to heavily stutter, anyone else seeing this? RT and Vsync are all off, games running borderless so settings should be okay, and I don't think shader compilation is a thing in ER.
Stuttering for a long time or a few seconds? Mine drops to 3fps for about 5 seconds every 30 mins or so. Didn’t do this before (5900x + 3060 ti)

Associate
Had some free time to play a couple of hours last night, at first I thought my NG+ build was a bit overpowered for the DLC due to how many weapons I've got at +10 and +25, but I got stuck in the end and barely got that much through, defeated one boss that has a cinematic. Definitely enjoying the legacy dungeon style area that led up to it.

Got fairly consistent performance with no stutters at RT off, but using their default auto detect it's at max settings at 1440p on a 2070 Super and a 9900k at 4.8. Been getting 55-60fps mostly stable with no drops to 3 or anything like that. I do have 32gb ram and am using an old driver, like 2 years old possibly.

Any other game clients running that could be slowing stuff down for you? I always close the Epic games client whenever I play a Steam game for example.

Associate
I'm enjoying the spectacle of this, the world feels very unique compared to the base game. It's such a great feeling to be experiencing something new in the game again.

But....

I'm finding the difficulty scaling absolutely all over the place on a boss by boss basis, the actual world and dungeons are fine but some bosses feel a bit broken with how much damage they are doing.

Associate
@Chaos Thanks, in my case I think it's nothing more than something must have been processing in the background, I've not spent long in the DLC but it was smooth for a good 30/40mins last night. Shame the games locked to 60FPS without modding as it never feels quite as smooth as it should and the 4090 barely breaks a sweat with 40% utilisation at 1440P.

Soldato
Just had a panic that I wouldn't be able to crack on with SOTET as I hadn't killed the required bosses but it turns out there's 2 Mohgs and I have killed the right one :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had to start from the beginning but that's ok. Making progress much quicker second time around. Got a full clear on PS5 but not buying another one of those.
Not sunny yet so I can play without feeling bad

Soldato
I can't play the game, having to deal with huge black borders on either side of the screen on a 21:9 monitor is just so insanely off putting. I know there's a mod to fix it, but that would mean no online play and well, I can't murder people in pvp then! So the fun is gone from a large portion of the game for me.

Soldato
sorry if this has been answered already, but is this going to be a continuation with your existing character or are they going to make you build a new one from scratch?

Associate
Ok got my head around the scaling a bit now, it feels like it affects your attack power more than your defence, up to a certain threshold?

I dropped all my offensive charms for defensive ones increasing resistances, including the mix flask. I was already using some good heavy armour but swapped in some marginally better pieces here and there and the difference was quite substantial, I went into a boss that was hitting me for 70-80% at times and was able to suck up a lot more punishment, I did it only 2 attempts later. The damage loss isn't even that bad, say 10-15% less for what feels like a 30-40% gain in defence, and each upgrade to the blessing is adding another 5% attack back on.

Soldato
I can't play the game, having to deal with huge black borders on either side of the screen on a 21:9 monitor is just so insanely off putting. I know there's a mod to fix it, but that would mean no online play and well, I can't murder people in pvp then! So the fun is gone from a large portion of the game for me.

I'm playing offline and having fun

Soldato
You can download the flawless widescreen application and that lets you play full screen, but only in offline mode.

Soldato
I'm finding the difficulty scaling absolutely all over the place on a boss by boss basis, the actual world and dungeons are fine but some bosses feel a bit broken with how much damage they are doing.

I agree but feel like I've been so used to essentially steaming through the game on NG+ that it lulled me into a bit of a false sense of security.

I'm on what I think is considered the second boss proper now and know I can do the fight, just nailing down the combinations of attacks and being aggressive where I possible. First boss I changed shield to help me through that one in the end. But I am enjoying the challenge of being super careful and being really punished at times during these fights. Certainly the odd enemy in the open world/dungeon areas that there's that spike but to be expected.

I will say it looks utterly stunning, love the atmosphere of the Shadow Realm.

Back
Top Bottom