*** Elden Ring ***

Man of Honour
Mack (Worthabuy) doesnt like the game. What a surprise. Dont really know why anybody values his reviews anymore, 9 out of 10 times if its a big title he simply default dislikes it.

His opinion "its tripe" , "worse than Cyberpunk"

Permabanned
Im torn here. I bought it on PC to save some money as Ive now bought this, Horizon and Dying light 2 in the last couple of weeks. I would like to get stuck into it but if thats going to be the case then really I need to pick up the PS5 version by the looks of it. Either that or I will have to leave it on the back burner for a short while and hope it gets patched.

Soldato
Mack (Worthabuy) doesnt like the game. What a surprise. Dont really know why anybody values his reviews anymore, 9 out of 10 times if its a big title he simply default dislikes it.

To be fair steam reviews currently sit at 60%.

Question you got to ask yourself (something he has raised) is why are games getting 10/10 and the multiple technical issues and bugs being ignored?

I don't think this is anywhere near cyberpunk level though and I fully plan on buying it once it is patched.

Permabanned

Question you got to ask yourself (something he has raised) is why are games getting 10/10 and the multiple technical issues and bugs being ignored?

I don't think this is anywhere near cyberpunk level though and I fully plan on buying it once it is patched.

Ive read a lot of people/reviewers saying that the latest patch introduced a lot of the problems and they simply were not there before. The hitching in the PC version was not a thing until that patch.

Man of Honour

Thing is, whilst you could say its not a 10/10 given the issues it does have, its equally not even close to being the 0/10 that worthabuy gives it. He is every bit as bad as the 10/10 reviewers that he complains about, just in the opposite way. Its like I've said before about him, he thinks he is some sort of revolutionary against the games industry, white-knighting for the common gamer, not at all helped by those in his comment sections who are always boosting him with stuff like "you're the one honest reviewer" (he clearly isnt honest at all, he's as biased as those he complains against)

Last edited:
Permabanned

Sounds like it's just a poor console port and needs a fair bit of work. Waiting to try later.:) May end up waiting for some patches.

Soldato
Thing is, whilst you could say its not a 10/10 given the issues it does have, its equally not even close to being the 0/10 that worthabuy gives it. He is every bit as bad as the 10/10 reviewers that he complains about, just in the opposite way. Its like I've said before about him, he thinks he is some sort of revolutionary against the games industry, white-knighting for the common gamer, not at all helped by those in his comment sections who are always boosting him with stuff like "you're the one honest reviewer" (he clearly isnt honest at all, he's as biased as those he complains against)

WAB is a joke now.

That said, i'll wait until it's much cheaper and fixed.

Permabanned

He knows that a negative score on a big game will probably get him more views for going against the grain. This whole for the little people thing he's got going on is profiting just as much from the "corruption" he is claiming to know all about.

Soldato

Tbh my comment was general. I dont actually follow him. Seen a handful of videos from him so don't know the history.

Associate
There's an option to choose which device/button prompts you want to appear on screen, it should be updated to be automatic as the current solution is clunky, but still, did he even check the settings?

Man of Honour
Tbh my comment was general. I dont actually follow him. Seen a handful of videos from him so don't know the history.

He actually used to be quite good for reviews but somewhere along the line, something changed, I dont know if it dawned on him that review rants got a lot of hits and thus money or whether he became trapped in his own "gimmick" and ended up as a parody of himself or whether he became bitter of the game industry and genuinely now hates it (in which case he really ought to do something else with his time, why anyone would do something they dont like is beyond me). Whatever the cause, somewhere along the line that change altered him from a useful reviewer into this thing that he is now.

Associate
Been playing for about 6 hours and thoughts below: -

Good stuff
- Same old Demon/Dark souls feeling
- Open world is impressive, if a little overwhelming, map is huge and you can go anywhere (Although you probably shouldn't at the start)
- Game still has that 'one more go' sense to it of the previous games
- You'll die, a lot, and most of the time this will feel fair, because you'll learn something about the enemy attack pattern

The Bad
- Stuttering, i've tried everything, it seems mostly when loading in a new area or enemy, but other times it does it randomly in the middle of a fight or boss and then it becomes incredibly annoying as you'll die through no fault of your own where the enemy moves in for a hit, it stutters and then after it recovers they'll complete their hit leaving you entirely unguarded, i've died a number of times now to this and it feels cheap and rubbish to lose like that
- Open world is good but it would be really helpful to have an indication of areas you just need to avoid until you level a bit, lots of cheap deaths because I wandered off the beaten path and where the game clearly wanted me to go first, if that's the case then it isn't really open world, its the perception of it with level gating to prevent you actually exploring, feels like the game doesn't know what it wants to be

Summary
Its good when its good, graphics are decent enough and gameplay is brilliant but the PC port of this feels pretty broken right now and whilst I can maintain 60fps the stuttering and freezing really should have been picked up prior to release and it annoys me that the vast majority of PC review briefly mention it without calling it out more because it seriously impacts gameplay and it isn't good enough

Man of Honour
- Open world is good but it would be really helpful to have an indication of areas you just need to avoid until you level a bit, lots of cheap deaths because I wandered off the beaten path and where the game clearly wanted me to go first, if that's the case then it isn't really open world, its the perception of it with level gating to prevent you actually exploring, feels like the game doesn't know what it wants to be

I actually really like that, it reminds me of the early MMO games where instead of having level numbers conveniently above the mobs heads you were free to go anywhere but it meant that you could very easily suddenly walk into near instant death by going off in any random direction

Soldato

god why even post things like this, who cares what some youtuber thinks?

ooh please click and watch my clickbate reviews so I can earn monies

Soldato
Seeing that the PC port is bad I am in no rush to play it, will wait a bit and buy PS5 version instead. When they ported Dark Souls 1 onto PC it was only running in like 720p, but there was an unofficial fix really soon after that fixed the low resolution issue.

Back
Top Bottom