*** Elden Ring ***

As much as I'm enjoying the game and the exploration I truly suck at the combat, don't know if it's because I'm under levelled but as soon as I come up against an enemy with a decent hit and some health I get mashed. So far I've put my runes into vigor and a few into endurance to increase my carry capacity, at present my stats show heavy load. Upgraded my sword twice, but still don't feel like it's got any real damage to it. Perhaps the next upgrade will help....

As a 'souls' player ill advise putting points in to strength or dex first to get weapon power, then health and endurance. This game seems to give you a tonne of endurance from the start so i figure they are wanting you to get points in str/dex first to up your attack.

Soldato
As a 'souls' player ill advise putting points in to strength or dex first to get weapon power, then health and endurance. This game seems to give you a tonne of endurance from the start so i figure they are wanting you to get points in str/dex first to up your attack.

yeh deffo put points into stre/dex as fap says unless your a magic user, you want the fights to be over as quick as possible lol

i started as wretch which gives you nothing but a club and had a rough time on the early bosses and i skipped the make character screen as quick as i could so i dont have a keep sake what ever they are :p

it is amazing how much and how fast you can dodge when you actually remove armour to get to a low weight, you dont want a heavy load in this game, im on medium load and depending on the boss ill switch out stuff to reduce it more.

Soldato
just encountered magma worm for the first time and survived it, the location was ringing bells when i entered the boss fog and i kept thinking it looked familiar, yeh deffo not a boss to use lock on with just like the one i think its based on from previous games :)

any ways back into the drunken unknown with only the occasional look on google :)

Permabanned
Watched a video of someone doing a boss, made it look easy. Tried the same tactic about 20 times, got wasted. Some of them seem more luck than judgement. Then finally boss just glitched or something at 50% and just stood there so I could kill it. :cry: (Ulcerated Tree Spirit)

Soldato
I got Margit down to half HP with the help of Rogerer someone. That golden hammer attack and knives gets me everytime...

I haven't upgraded weapons yet as I don't know what I will be sticking with, and it would be a waste if I went willy nilly upgrading them all.

Soldato
Couple of really tough npc enemies in Academy of Raya Lucaria. I always find them tougher than the actual bosses! remember how the toughest enemy in the whole of Bloodborne was that NPC that spawned where you fought Vicar Amelia

Great area though. These so called 'legacy' dungeons are masterpieces of design. There is so much to explore in them.

Associate
Yeah Raya Lucaria has some very tough normal ranged mobs and special NPCs.

I'm now at LV 57 with a Lordsworn Greatsword+ 15 and 37 Str, the stomp and uppercut special is very powerful on a lot of bosses, giving an easy knockdown on them then can follow up with loads of attacks. Even on some higher level bosses it's been really effective.

Though one NPC I fought is terrible for pure melee like me due to insane auto parries, basically 1 hit kills. I actually ran from them heading towards a boss fog wall room to escape the NPC, the NPC followed me onto a lift just making it with me rolling around like a madman to escape. I finally got in the boss fog room, then the boss started whipping me so I ran to the door to heal, only to my horror the NPC was in there too, seems they can follow in the boss fog this time.

Luckily the NPC got a bit confused and kept trying to run to the fog door but couldn't get out, so I actually beat them in the boss room after this NPC had beaten me 4 times 1 vs 1 due to parries. I got the NPC loot and then the boss killed me.

Luckily the NPC de-spawns when you beat them and I then returned and beat the boss, so in that instance the NPC was definitely harder than the boss. Great game.

Soldato
OP
I may have made the game a little too easy lol

I have a +9 Bloodhound fang, +10 Mimic spirit summon, lv85 with 54 dex. I'm face rolling through everything right now. Beat Radahn earlier, took a break away from him, came back. Died first try because I was being stupid, second attempt I downed him before he could even get to his second phase!

Still loving the game though.

Soldato
Another main story boss down today, and not too tricky a one despite having to switch back to my claymore for my second attempt.

I think we are all in the same place. That NPC was a cinch with the weapon art of Moonveil. He could dodge everything else, parry melee attacks, but he couldn't dodge the magic arc of death!

The most difficult spots for me are the gank ones. Like being shot at by three sorcerors or greatbow users whilst a "whirling arms of death" enemy or a headbutting spirit lock me down in melee.

I agree these legacy dungeons are great, and feel like some of the classic Souls levels. Such great integration with the open world whilst also giving a different experience to the open spaces and mounted combat.

I may have made the game a little too easy lol

I have a +9 Bloodhound fang, +10 Mini spirit summon, lv85 with 54 dex. I'm face rolling through everything right now. Beat Radahn earlier, took a break away from him, came back. Died first try because I was being stupid, second attempt I downed him before he could even get to his second phase!

Still loving the game though.

How did you get the materials? Are you quite far in? I can't find any mats to upgrade my claymore past +12, my special weapons past +4 or my spirits past +3. Just finished the academy and starting to lose hope of finding any materials in Liurnia.

Soldato
OP
Another main story boss down today, and not too tricky a one despite having to switch back to my claymore for my second attempt.

I think we are all in the same place. That NPC was a cinch with the weapon art of Moonveil. He could dodge everything else, parry melee attacks, but he couldn't dodge the magic arc of death!

The most difficult spots for me are the gank ones. Like being shot at by three sorcerors or greatbow users whilst a "whirling arms of death" enemy or a headbutting spirit lock me down in melee.

I agree these legacy dungeons are great, and feel like some of the classic Souls levels. Such great integration with the open world whilst also giving a different experience to the open spaces and mounted combat.

How did you get the materials? Are you quite far in? I can't find any mats to upgrade my claymore past +12, my special weapons past +4 or my spirits past +3. Just finished the academy and starting to lose hope of finding any materials in Liurnia.

It happens naturally through progression, for example, today I got 6 respec larvae or what ever they are called just going through basic mobs. Push forward and you'll get what you need.

I've been exploring every nook and crannie before bosses. So today after Radahn, I just went to all areas and checked out what to do. Maybe that also helps?

I've also given up on caring about runes at this lvl, so I'm certainly more adventurous and taking much riskier options as if I lose them, oh well, I'm purely focused on getting all the loot I can :D

Man of Honour
man for all the people saying Elden Ring is a trash game 0/10 and stuff...

https://steamcharts.com/app/1245620#1m

That retention is just nuts for a game like this

Its one of those games where I think the more you play it the more you enjoy it. On day one it was rated on steam at 56% , its now at 83%. A 27% climb in ratings with no largescale patches involved I think highlights the concept that the more you play the more you like it.

I know this game is capped at 60fps but my 6800XT is only averaging 56fps or so and thats on high at 1440p surely should be better? latest AMD drivers too.

Does it feel sub 60 or is it smooth and you are just reading what Radeon software is saying? Mine is pinned at 60 even though radeon software is saying my performance is sub-par and im averaging only 56 fps.

Back
Top Bottom